• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Fell in love with this image (by Luke Cheuh) when mrs roar brought it to my attention a year or so ago, then at the end of last year she saw it and bought it for me:

CHU106AX_large.jpg

Not sure what is is about it that makes me love it, but I do.

Fell in love with this image (by Luke Cheuh) when mrs roar brought it to my attention a year or so ago, then at the end of last year she saw it and bought it for me:

CHU106AX_large.jpg

Not sure what is is about it that makes me love it, but I do.

So much want. Can't even put my finger on it but I'd love that in my life.

Buspersons Holiday, your story and your experience remind me of my own adolescence in a way. And in any case, that is a cool story. I'm going to have to practice telling people off like that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
banksy, probably the most gifted artist of our time. oh, and his art isn't for sale...

banksy-nyc-2-e1306264071890-500x374.jpg

I love Banksy. The creations he does are so simple yet so poignant. Any banksy. We are a better world with him in it.

I love Banksy. The creations he does are so simple yet so poignant. Any banksy. We are a better world with him in it.

have you seen 'exit through the gift shop'? no, it's not about banksy, though he does appear and even gets off a line that nearly had me pissing myself. it's about how capitalism destroys art, picture andy warhol on a coke binge crashing through the fourth wall.....

Yeah Ive got a copy and a couple of books of his art work. I love him.

I dunno. I chatted on aim with the banksy who modded Dark side many years ago. So I dunno if it was really him officially but was told by other staff at the time it was him and he showed me photos of himself and his house and dogs and atuff.

If I had the privilege of talking with him then that is special and amazing.

That is sooooooooooo fucking cool zephy :) more BL trivia I never knew about! Kinda (really) jealous!! And of course he would have been modding TDS. I need to learn more about him, I saw that movie when it came out but (other than seeing some of his stuff) is all I know of the dude.

that moebius shit is dope, reminds me of pulp sci-fi artwork from back in the day.

is the anthropomorphic orange supposed to represent Trump?

That is a gorgeous house--the light! I gravitate to old houses but I would love to live in a modern house like that for a year of my life. I always think it would inspire totally different thoughts and emotions.:)

I fell in love with Andy Kehoe's work after seeing some of his resin paintings in an exhibition. Ended up buying a print, which 6 months on is still making me happy every day that I look at it :)

Cathedral of the Forest Deep

Wow. Beautiful print.

so lit rn. try and watch this without laughing.

omg fr i haven't laughed this hard in the longest.

=D%) Fab.

beautiful, colours are so vibrant.

They are magnificently dreamy...googling his art pieces, many put me in mind of both Klimt; the stylised details and Waterhouse; for the romanticism. :)

You may like Harry Clarke's art (although it is more Graphic and sharper) , he was an illustrator of Poe-tales also and did some beautiful stained glass pieces.

Last edited: