• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

I came across this in a random photo-search its pretty cool and made me chuckle.

Penfield's 3 dimensional homunculus is a physical representation of the human body, located within the brain.

GQiTTGM.gif

The cortical homunculus represents the importance of various parts of your body as seen by your brain. There is little need for the brain to know what's going on in the arms and legs. All these limbs need to do is stay out of an open flame and get your hands and feet to the right places. The hands, the tongue, the genitals, and the facial features are extremely important, and give people a ton of sensory information. As a result, they take up a lot of brain space.

This obviously explains the symptoms that patients experience after hand injuries and emphasise the need for restoring the hand function to normal.

Eyvind Earle

Last edited:
^ There s a place in Big Sur on the Central California Coast called Nepenthe. This art looks like it could have been inspired by those cliffs, pasture, ocean and overhanging black branches (which are always full of crows and jays). I love the Japanese woodcut aspect of it. Here is a painting I did from the spot I am thinking of that your post brings to mind, though I did not put the overhanging branches in:

Another artist you may like that also was inspired by Big Sur is Tom Killion.

^ There s a place in Big Sur on the Central California Coast called Nepenthe. This art looks like it could have been inspired by those cliffs, pasture, ocean and overhanging black branches (which are always full of crows and jays). I love the Japanese woodcut aspect of it. Here is a painting I did from the spot I am thinking of that your post brings to mind, though I did not put the overhanging branches in:

Another artist you may like that also was inspired by Big Sur is Tom Killion.

This is beautiful herby. :)

Okay, I'll come clean...

I really did watch that entire video.

Why does the image above that look so familiar?? :\

Is my heart supposed to be pounding? Why? What is going on [awkward laugh... silence... sigh]

=D=D

There is nothing wrong in being a fan of Gabe the dog, he managed to "bork" his way onto the telly in Japan, I am not joking btw.
I spent a lot of the day watching videos with him in doing his borks

This is his best work imho, the looks he does half way through the video are so funny, if you don't love Gabe you have no soul or heart

That image is taken from a guy I worship called Antoine D'Agata, his done so much stuff & a lot of it is what people call "dark"
He has had real issues with hard drugs for years, his life could be turned into a movie no joke.

A really gritty documentary with him in is called "The Cambodian Room: Situations with Antoine D'Agata" & you can stream it online, if you go to watch it keep in mind it is all real & not staged for "art" sake or some rubbish like that. The guy is so far removed from that usual Art school type of person it is a joke.

"There's something about Cambodia that is far, far away from morality." These are words of photographer Antoine D'Agata who travelled to Cambodia in order to find the limits of his own morality, with unconsciousness and desire being the main themes. Drug abuse, sexual acts and inertia underlie the unsettling images used in this film. The dark, stifling room of prostitute Lee in Phnom Penh functions as residence and studio of the photographer. As time passes, journalist Philippe Azoury visits his photographing friend who is starting to doubt his own unconventional method and his overall work as a photographer."

Love that shady bd..did you take it?

ryMDb49s.jpg

This is 'Midsummer Eve' by Edward Robert Hughes, a painting I loved long before I met one of my best friends decades ago, who looked very like the girl in the painting in her younger years & has always had a print of it on her many walls over the years