• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

35kj13a.jpg

a yantra that appeared in 1990 orgegon
opposing india in lateral connection.
ten foot wide lines 13.3 miles long each.

sallymannuntitled1974.jpg

sally mann, 1974

she's cute. what a surprise. even though her daughters are beautiful in Immediate Family and miscellaneous. that she created such an imprint of distance in photos of her own children, i thought for sure she must look to be from a stern, remote plane. not the case. at least not here.

this is more what i expected...
NSFW:
scarysallymakesprettypictures.jpg

Self Portrait #5, 2005

Last edited:
Probably my favorite painting, don't know who it's by, but it encapsulates my feelings so well, and my love of rainy days.

1284521775844.jpg

Never Knows Best, that is both beautiful, and has a wonderful vibe to it. Might have to desktop it! 8)

2lnzls7.jpg

Tree Dahlia/Moon/GG Park with Sutro Tower and CA Academy of Sciences living Proof

Last edited:

Don't know why, but I've always found Girl With a Pearl Earring very fascinating.

While visiting Thailand a few months ago, I was fortunate to check out a gallery in Bangkok. The buddhist artwork in there was some of the most beautiful paintings I have every seen. I tried taking pictures, but it's almost disgraceful how they came out...

Last edited by a moderator:
that sounds interesting, post em anyways, they might turn out cool.

if you havent seen it you might like this Rene Magritte painting too,

6saotx.jpg

Huh, so I guess all that guy's paintings look like that, that makes the one less special, but I still like it.

Anyway, I've been into Matisse lately, dig this: (portrait of madame matisse aka the green line)

matisse25_zps37f43efd.jpg

Looking at that, you just know that he gets IT, man.

This is a short play (seriously, 1m:30s) by Sam Beckett called "Breath." Without the swastika this play loses its impact so Im glad the recreators included it.

Breath

image001.jpg