• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

is that barbara kruger ^

been a fan
tumblr_ornh0luTqu1qz6f9yo3_r1_540.jpg

Spent a day talking to 18-21 year olds whose entire life seems to revolve around the need to own objects and share them on Instagram/Snapchat to impress others. It's fucked up on so many levels...

Z38Xm7Y.jpg

What's that from?

not entirely sure, its def. a studio Ghibli
its most probably the city of Laputa in The Castle in the Sky, but I'm not 100%.
deffff a Ghibli though. [\/ unrelated landscape]
tumblr_nbyx0gQ4kt1rpowflo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking it looked like (very reminiscent of spirited away, if spirited away had been made a decade earlier or something). I need to watch some of their/Miyazaki stuff again. I remember seeing princess mononoke, the first "anime" I'd ever seen, as a kid in the theaters. Fucking awesome.

Mononoke is my favourite! followed close behind by Spirited Away and then Howl
hOw about you?
tumblr_ola1hu584m1qh8kico4_500.jpg

It's been too long since I've seen Howl to remember it well, I'll have to revisit that too. Spirited Away and PM are definitely favorites, but I like some of his other less popular work a lot (namely Ponyo and Wispers of the Heart). It's been a while though, too long. Those movies are great for cuddling up to. In between shots of heroin I mean ;)

It's been too long since I've seen Howl to remember it well, I'll have to revisit that too. Spirited Away and PM are definitely favorites, but I like some of his other less popular work a lot (namely Ponyo and Wispers of the Heart). It's been a while though, too long. Those movies are great for cuddling up to. In between shots of heroin I mean ;)

you've seduced me mate, say no more.. (ツ
tumblr_mp2p55iS3m1qzcdbeo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I sometimes dream that all buildings will be planted up like this, even if not quite so artistically. Imagine whole streets of buildings covered in plants and flowers - amazing.

mhNaS4E.jpg

OMFG where is that? I looooove architecture integrated with agriculture and plant life, so this excites me :)

feeling lady frieda harris' art. came across her because she did the artwork for crowley's thoth tarot deck.
it comes across as timeless in its quality, psychedelic/magical/surreal.

df541bd42132cde49377dd8e3efbd70f.jpg

That's really cool, I've never heard of her or seen her work before.