• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Robbe-Grillet-Cleansing-Eve.jpg

reminds me of the Twilight Zone where the guy stays on the planet of little people instead of going home when they fix his space craft....awesome painting

kandinsky.sea-battle.jpg

Wassily Kandinsky. Improvisation 31 (Sea Battle.) 1913; Oil on canvas, 145 x 119.7cm (57 x 47 in); National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C., Ailsa Mellon Bruce Fund. 1978.48.1 (2725)

100c6e5ff4b5ccf7fc2b54a2ebdd2916.jpg

The Big Apple, I guess...
I don't know who did this I guess it floats around on the Internet
a friend of mine wants to get it as a tattoo (it seems too detailed though?)

i9W2zaF.jpg

photo taken at a museum last week. The cat is edgy like a lot of people have been because of stress.

ex_kandinsky_gallery_1024.jpg

Vasily Kandinsky, Improvisation 28 (second version) (Improvisation 28 [zweite Fassung]), 1912. Oil on canvas, 111.4 x 162.1 cm. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York Solomon R. Guggenheim Founding Collection, By gift 37.239. © 2015 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York/ADAGP, Paris

More Kandinksy. One of my favorites from that era. Still on display at the Guggenheim among many others. Would strongly encourage anyone local to check it out if you haven't already. Great stuff. I have more than once already.

^yes it would.

all kinds of good stuff on this page. love the colors in Improvisation 28.

tumblr_nvlqzrsCIg1r0v18co1_1280.jpg

Cerberus by alex beck. i'm feeling this piece because of the sleeve on the blue dress. and because staring at the shapes that replace their heads gives me a feeling of lightness. and because of the layering with bits of orange showing.

Last edited:
Here's an abstract piece of art I made myself with Wolfram Mathematica and Photoshop. I hope you like it.

NSFW:
mod2_color.jpg

Have you guys heard about Vladimir Kush? I saw his art gallery in Laguna Beach, CA and it blew my mind! Definitely my favorite artist. I would get lost in some of his works, just deeply looking into it. It's a trip within a trip. H

Here's one:
kush.jpg

Seeing it in the art gallery is 100x better though.

Florine Stettheimer's (1871–1944) allegorical "cathedrals" of New York City, on permanent display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

cathbroadway.jpg

Cathedrals of Broadway (1929)

cath5.jpg

Cathedrals of 5th Avenue (1931)

cathwall.jpg

Cathedrals of Wall Street (1931)

i thought i'd post this art painting of Donald Trump since im a Democrat LOL

NSFW:

6lqswDf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: