• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

10264272_579682518805335_8752758504672771107_n.jpg

Something my wife made for me. Made from colored paper towels.

Oh, I love this ^ So much joy, inspiration… Very sweet

I just came across his whole series, these are just a few… I didn't know he was an artist beside the Lounge Lizards and acting. There are quite good - definite style happening aesthetically. What they mean though, not sure. Freedom, most definitely in the 2nd one, light… possibility… subtle humor. Joy

yea. youthful, whimsical, playful. i dig it =)

this is cool http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/11/arts/music/hlne-grimaud-performs-tears-become-streams-become.html
In an installation conceived by the Scottish conceptual artist Douglas Gordon, the French pianist Hélène Grimaud will perform a one-hour program of works inspired by water, as a controlled flood transforms the hall into a giant, glassy lake. In a slow creep, the water — all 122,000 gallons of it — will occupy nearly 33,000 square feet and, mirrorlike, turn the armory’s ceiling upside down, plunging it into what seems to be a bottomless, liquid-filled space. At least, that is the idea: “We will be working right up to the wire, because I do not know exactly what will happen,” Mr. Gordon said on Tuesday.”

tumblr_ngm7jefKaB1tw56nbo1_1280.jpg

bad ass ^
i love this artist below… something about the water
UO7J5BP.jpg

S5FhRWA.jpg

Ohhh, I'm going to print these. Ty for the tip. ^
Under water images really have a pull with me emotionally. These are beautiful. Much tranquility … but also suffering, open ended …

Rad! I love that middle one in red. All of them actually.

glad ya dig it. wish i had info on the artist. i will never reblog without credit to the source again! frustrating...

^ o what, good lookin out! . those pics @ huffpo are super pretty.

dude is dope

That is the most inspiring thing I have seen in a while. psychogeographies. window sandwich. i want to make a window sandwich 'borne out of accidents'

That is the most inspiring thing I have seen in a while. psychogeographies. window sandwich. i want to make a window sandwich 'borne out of accidents'
i know right, inspiring to see the ideas from unlikely sources. actually opens the mind to possibilities and look for the beauty in everything around us even if it isn't obvious. glad ya enjoyed the vid.