• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Thats awesome ^

Solanaceae, by: J. Webster

tumblr_m1elinYpqx1qcncteo1_500.jpg

anahata61.jpg

-Anahata Katkin.

I seriously love this lady's work - today I'm really feeling this piece, not entirely sure why. I just love it <3

I have a beautiful print by her on my wall too which is my absolute favourite piece I think. I can only find a small pic:

AAAACz6AkAIAAAAAAUWcWw.jpg

The text says "hope will find you" which has become somewhat of a mantra for me lately. Looks much better in real life - I love the intricate patterns and colours and the expression of the woman. The white star-burst coming from her chest is sparkly too %)

Right click, copy image URL/address ^

PiP, those are fuckin awesome!

tumblr_m3esycXM6j1r3wk1zo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
^i like her hair.

spent most of yesterday reading about the ethics of using of minors in portrait photography. i'd never really taken a solid look at her work, but thought of sally mann as an americana photographer--interested in dilapidated housing and clotheslines. work that had undeserved infamy because of a few shirtless kids in the foreground. yesterday i found out that most of the controversy is the result of collection of photos she published of her (then) young and often nakie children. difficult to figure out to what extent the success of those photos fucked up her kids' lives, but the photos exist and they are cool.

gorjus1989.jpg

"Gorjus"

for post size, no nudity...
NSFW:
blackeye1991.jpg

"Black Eye"

candycigarrette1989.jpg

"Candy Cigarette"

WarmSprings1991.jpg

"At Warm Springs"

Last edited: