• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

SinclairOilLogo.jpg

The original Sinclair Oil Company began marketing the apatosaurus (brontosaurus) in 1930 and now after more than 70 years, "Dino" still remains one of the most recognizable corporate logos in the world.
I have been pretty bummed out because I have been out of town because of a job I hate. I have only seen my wife once in the past month and missed my one year anniversary because of it. But for some reason I saw this today and it cheered me up. I don't know exactly what it is about it. Maybe its it's simplicity, or its colors I am not sure but it just cheered me up a bit.

Those pics are cool n all, but its like...
I would love to see you mod a serious forum lol. /offtopic

^^
I get the same feeling from sinclair signs, and i swear ive only seen two stations my whole life. <3

no particular reason WHY these pieces mean anything to me today, i just love the style and the details.

tree_simple.jpg

tree_middle_layered.jpg

dead_tree.jpg

mattetika.jpg

horse_tree.jpg

^ OMG!!! Sigh... (tear). The first on is my favorite. I would love to have those painted on my walls.

^ agreed! and since you like those ones... heres another that i've been admiring for quite some time.

sp_0485_subbot.jpg

Damien8787 said:
I have been pretty bummed out because I have been out of town because of a job I hate. I have only seen my wife once in the past month and missed my one year anniversary because of it. But for some reason I saw this today and it cheered me up. I don't know exactly what it is about it. Maybe its it's simplicity, or its colors I am not sure but it just cheered me up a bit.

I know why! It's because everybody loves dinosaurs deep down. <3

cthumb117045caeefd3bb1e.jpg

ok, maybe not a piece of art
but actually fuck yes it is, someone did draw those line and all
i think they look great
they make me feel comfy and mute to all this shit

op_rainbowlife.jpg

Because super-sexy-psychedelic illustrations always cheer me up.

I am currently <3ing the illustrator Keith Shore very much. He reminds me of a more overtly humorous Paul Klee.

This one is called F'd.

fucked.jpg

weddressof9.jpg

"Wedding Dress" - Alex Kanevsky

edit::eek: I forgot to say why!

Because of the use of color and line - the texture - the depth, both perspective wise and psychological - because it makes me squint and look closer - because it is not what it might appear to be at first glance.

Last edited:
to those of you that havent listed reasons why you like whatever you posted...why?

tool.jpg

by Alex Grey

because i always feel and appreciate his work

plus i want that eye tattooed on me somewhere

right now, I am loving these Polish movie posters of the movies Bachelor Life in a Foreign Country 1982 and Cabaret. :D Why? Because the burning bush and liza minellis "O" face make me smile.
Bachelor_Life_in_a_foreign_country_1992.jpg
CABARET_1990s.jpg

Last edited:
Ok , tas great, but WHY ??? Is that such a hard question. Everone just posts shit like "I like this picture today." Fuckin WHY?? Cuz its gray and dreary lookin and you feel down today? cuz the red in the guys shirt really catches your eye and makes you think of somethin it could be symbolic of? Cuz you had a picture like it in your kitchen as a kid and it reminds you of childhood? Fuckin why? Otherwise this threads boring as fuck.

Recons, sweet that post is exactly the type of shit i was hopin people would post, just a short explanation bout it, right on yo.