[AUS] [Melbourne] [Perth] Ecstasy, methamphetamine & cocaine use

BeckJ

Greenlighter
Monash University researchers are conducting a study to examine the use of psychostimulants (eg. ecstasy, speed, crystal meth, base and cocaine) amongst young people in Melbourne.

The study involves a face-to-face interview that will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. Interviews are strictly confidential and anonymous. Participants will be reimbursed for their time and expenses.

Please phone Beck on 8413-8426 or email [email protected] for further information or to see if you are eligible for the study. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me ask around. If you're a PhD candidate at Monash, though, you should have a *@[school].monash.edu email address and be adhering to ethics requirements for recruitment. The ethics council will literally tear you a new one if you're not careful (I've worked for, and studied at, the Uni and couldn't get ethics clearance for party drugs/HR research past them). All the best though! I'm O/S (and would be a lousy respondent anyway :p) but would love to hear more about your research via PM, if you have the time.

Thanks for your interest in my study!

Hey guys!

Thanks heaps for your interest in my study!! I've had a great response!!

Just to confirm that I have ethics approval from the Monash University Ethics Committe (the Standing Committee on Ethics in Research Involving Humans). Also, that's definitely my email address. I'm in the faculty of Medicine, but for some reason they no longer include that in students email addresses.

The aim of my project is to look at how and why people use psychostimulants (e.g. ecstasy, methamphetamines and cocaine), to examine whether or not people exerience any risks or harms associated with taking psychostimulants, and if some people do, to inform the development of strategies that might help minimise any potential harms associated with their use.

My study is completely voluntary, confidential and anonymous. It involves a face-to-face interview that takes about 30-40 minutes to complete and people are reimbursed for their time and expenses. The survey covers topics such as demographic characteristics, drug use history, the effects of drug use (including benefits and risks), and trends in drug use.

I'm still recruiting for my study, so please feel free to contact me if you'd like more info, or to see if you're eligible. You can catch me on: 8413-8426, or [email protected]

Thanks again for all of your fab help!!!!
Cheerio,
Beck.

Last edited:
I am very busy over the next couple of weeks but would like to participate. Is it possible to do this over the phone? I don't expect to be 'reimbursed ' for it.

Hey guys!!

Thanks again for all of your help with my PhD!! You guys are ace!!

I’m still recruiting for my study, but will be on leave for the next two weeks (until April 3rd). If you’re interested in participating or finding out more about my research, please feel free to email me or leave a message on my phone and I’ll get back to you when I return!!

email: [email protected]
phone: 8413-8426

Thanks heaps!
Beck.

P.S Sorry shorza, unfortunately the interviews are only done face-to-face, but I'll probably be doing them for most of April if that helps at all?

Hey guys!!

Just to let you know that I'm back from leave and still recruiting for my study. I've done about 80 interviews now, but have another 70 or so to do!

If you’re interested in participating or finding out more about my research, please feel free to email me or give me a call!!

email: [email protected]
phone: 8413-8426

Thanks again for all of your help guys!!

Cheerio,
Beck.

Hi BLers!

Some colleagues of mine have begun a research project for people living in Melbourne or Perth. The text is below:

Researchers from Monash and Curtin are conducting a study to examine the use of psychostimulants (eg. ecstasy, speed, crystal meth, base and cocaine) amongst young people in Melbourne and Perth. The study involves a face-to-face interview that will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. Interviews are strictly confidential and anonymous. Participants will be reimbursed for their time and expenses. The study has passed ethics approval.

To see whether you are eligible, contact:
Beck (in Melbourne): [email protected] or 0439-375-246
Candice (in Perth): phone 9266-1636

I've looked at the questionnaire - it has a few different topics and techniques to the standard surveys - definitely worth supporting :)

Good point. One or some or all of those drugs need to be involved ;)

My colleague said they are only half-way through recruitment - at least another 70 people needed in both Melbourne and Perth. You do get a cash reimbursement, and - as mentioned before - there are some more novel questions and sections in this survey, in case you are suffering from "done it all before" syndrome ;)

Any questions, feel free to ask in here and I'll get the answers to you ASAP!