• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin cut with strychnine?

Chuff

Bluelighter
I just got a report from a North London Hospital that an IV Heroin user was admitted with strychnine poisoning.

There have recently been several reported deaths of Heroin users in south London, one alledegly dropped stone dead while chasing on foil.

some questions..

how would strychnine wind up in a heroin cut?

could the reported death from chasing on foil be the same thing, given that strychnine poisoning usually come on 15 – 20 minutes after it is taken and consist of marked muscular tremor, heightened perception to stimuli, muscular spasms and, in the extreme, arching of the back and clamping of the jaw?

thanks

To be honest, I'm always very skeptical about posts like this one because anti-drug people often come here trying to use scare tactics and you have posted about "tainted weed" in the past. That said, anything can happen. Why would strychnine be in there? I don't know. Why do people kill other people? I mean obviously if this is true, it's done by some sick fuck who wants to kill a bunch of people for fun.

i dont really have anything to add, but after reading the wikipedia on strychnine FUCKKKK THAT

what a horrible ass way to die

OverDriven said:
To be honest, I'm always very skeptical about posts like this one because anti-drug people often come here trying to use scare tactics and you have posted about "tainted weed" in the past. That said, anything can happen. Why would strychnine be in there? I don't know. Why do people kill other people? I mean obviously if this is true, it's done by some sick fuck who wants to kill a bunch of people for fun.

I'm a drug worker.

Its my responsibility to reduce harm to drug users and i take it seriously.

For the record, I am pro legalization and believe most harms from drugs are caused by criminalization.

I support peoples rights to do whatever the fuck they like to their own bodies and will fight to uphold these rights.

I also recognise that some people think drugs are a solution to their problems and need help finding more appropriate coping mechanisms, I have found once people find ways of dealing with the problems in their life they can use drugs appropriately.

This can be a blurry boundary.

That said people do die from drugs, if as in this instance its because some shit gear is about its important we get the message out!

This sort of thing merely illustrates why keeping drugs illegal is killing people controlled supplies would not contain shit that can kill you.

cliffchuff whats the score , mate? r u trying scare tactics. wont this make a sub headline somewhere ,so that we can varify ur claim?
if ur being straight up fair play! but i'v e got 2 agree with overdriven

cliffchuff said:
I just got a report from a North London Hospital that an IV Heroin user was admitted with strychnine poisoning.

There have recently been several reported deaths of Heroin users in south London, one alledegly dropped stone dead while chasing on foil.

some questions..

how would strychnine wind up in a heroin cut?

could the reported death from chasing on foil be the same thing, given that strychnine poisoning usually come on 15 – 20 minutes after it is taken and consist of marked muscular tremor, heightened perception to stimuli, muscular spasms and, in the extreme, arching of the back and clamping of the jaw?

thanks

I don't buy that. Nobody would cut heroin with strychnine.

or maybe the two incidents are unrelated?

just cause u are a IV heroin user that died from strychnine poisoning doesnt mean it was heroin that contained the substance or was the source.

I don't buy it either. A quick look at his posting history reveals it's filled with similar ridiculous warnings.

yiggy said:
or maybe the two incidents are unrelated?

just cause u are a IV heroin user that died from strychnine poisoning doesnt mean it was heroin that contained the substance or was the source.

Which is why I asked the question, last year we had some fatal cocaine in europe and chemical analysis showed a chemical that could occure during the manufacturing of cocaine in the lab.

my question was to anyone with some chemical knoweledge as to why strychnine might end up in heroin.

yes I have posted a warning about contaminated weed last year and yes i don't post here much8)

I am a drug worker, I prescribe and urine test people, I also have contacts througout London so I get to hear about dangerous substances, or heroin cut with barbs etc, I then pass this along to try and keep peeps safe FFS

it could be totally unrelated that the IV heroin user was treated for strychnine poisoning thats why I asked the question?

I also heard an unsubstantiated report that someone died from chasing foil in south London recently and that there were six other related deaths in this area. I am trying to get some facts.

if anyone thinks a scare is going to stop someone shooting brown they are a moron:p I personally spoke to a dealr who knew his gear had been cut with barbs and that there were risks but he still had to sell it!
he as a decent bloke told his clients and gave them a choice, many won't.

Generally we have a spate of deaths about once or twice a year in the UK.

sometimes these are due to gear being burried, sometimes its attributed to extra pure gear, sometimes its god knows what.

FACT people die from gear, when there is a spate of deaths do you think people working in the field should pretend it ain't happening?

if you have nothing positive to add to the discussion piss off I am quite happy for a moderator to contant me directly and to prove I am a NHS drug worker, otherwise lay of the paranoid shit.

Heroin has been "cut with strychnine" since the 60s dude. you aint foolin nobody. Lemme drop a lil schoolin on ya.......With so much inert, cheap, available powders around, aint nobody gonna go out and be like "Yo, i wanna put some poison in my dope" Why? Because the people who sell the dope make the money. if they put fuckin POISON in it, then people DIE, and cant come back to buy more! THEN word gets out that their spot, got all the poisonous shit, and you shouldnt buy from em, and then they loose the market of the dead people who died off it, and also by word of mouth from all the other users that woulda considered comin to cop there, So basically, if you want to say heroin IS CUT with styrchnince, youre full of shit. The substance in their body from somethin else? Maybe. but Im repeating....You can throw whatever the fuck you want in there to cut your dope, there aint no point or reason to use poison.

exactly..

the only way that's gonna happen is if some guy has a strong hate for junkies and is actually willing to buy enough skag & strychnine to wipe out some addicts...

it's just not realistic, none of these scare tactics are.

lacey k said:
Heroin has been "cut with strychnine" since the 60s dude. you aint foolin nobody. Lemme drop a lil schoolin on ya.......With so much inert, cheap, available powders around, aint nobody gonna go out and be like "Yo, i wanna put some poison in my dope" Why? Because the people who sell the dope make the money. if they put fuckin POISON in it, then people DIE, and cant come back to buy more! THEN word gets out that their spot, got all the poisonous shit, and you shouldnt buy from em, and then they loose the market of the dead people who died off it, and also by word of mouth from all the other users that woulda considered comin to cop there, So basically, YOURE FULL OF SHIT. Capisce?

of course people don't intentionally put poison in gear8) bad business sense but strange things do happen, hundreds of heroin users die in the UK every year, i am reporting something fed to me through the NHS and given as a warning at my drug project, I'm asking a question is all.

whether this death is related to the reported spate of deaths in south London I don't know, whether its related to the reported spate of deaths in the west country around bristol i don't know.

I do know that often clusters of heroin deaths are simply statistical anomalies, i got this at a harm minimization conference a few years ago from a coroner who investigates drug related deaths throughout the UK so I guess thats pretty reliable info.

I also know most people who die from heroin overdoses are long term users with a history of overdosing (their luck just runs out)

occasionally though shit happens and people deserve to know.

I hate loosing people, either friends or clients, its a waste. If you want to ignore the discussion go ahead, if you want to slander it prehaps you should examine your logic.

I in all my years of working with drug users have never known anybody to stop taking drugs because of the dangers, hopefully some people have heard warnings, and had a taste of new gear rather than booting the lot with the subsequent risks this involves.

reality though is when you're sick you just want to get straight.

so you heard about one guy dying after using "strychnine-laced heroin", and thought you'd ask a forum how the strychnine got into the heroin? not a very wise question to ask is it lol.

and your second question, the symptoms you described do seem to match those of strychnine poisoning, but we can't know for sure, can we? and why did you ask here?

ozzifar said:
so you heard about one guy dying after using "strychnine-laced heroin", and thought you'd ask a forum how the strychnine got into the heroin? not a very wise question to ask is it lol.

and your second question, the symptoms you described do seem to match those of strychnine poisoning, but we can't know for sure, can we? and why did you ask here?

I hheard about a guy being treated for strychnine poisoning who was an IV heroin user, I didn't say the strychnine was in the heroin, I asked the question because I also heard about someone dropping down dead in south london last week while chasing on foil!

I'm curious, I haven't said heroin has strychnine in it but wondered if any of the chemically inteligent peeps on here had any ideas.

I posted here because its a drug forum where drug users come.

I always tell people to taste new gear anyway, and preferably to chase a little before injecting (i teach safer injecting to drug workers by the way) but know in reality thats not going to happen.

still if there is a 'batch' of bad gear about and people can be a little bit more cautions then prehaps a life can be saved?

Strychnine isn't used in the manufacturing of heroin. The only way it could in the dope is if someone puts it in there, by accident or not.

For it to be a legit outbreak, I think more than one or two have to drop dead. Also, tests on the heroin would be necessary to properly identify it. Without that, it's just speculation.

Chiff: No. I know you are probably the one who posted about the Brixton ODS in U but no. Strychnine is only found, to date, in #3 out of HK. You have #2 and it is not prepared speficially for smoking as #3 is, although of course you can smoke base because of the low m.p.

Strychnine is seen as a potentitor by HK smokers because of its presence in the original Shanghai /Tsientsien heroin pills that got people chasing back in the 20s. Ever after, Asians have looked to the ingredients found in those tabs as signs of very high quality heroin. It is simply a mind game based on taste.

Jesus, it took a long time for someone to actually answer the ops question!!

It was a fair enough one too, I don't see what all the general crap was about in trying to make out they were using scare tactics??

Phrozen + Rach, thank you.

I remember being told by a pill dealer that :

"The reason why you eat you face on pills is because they put Strychnine in there."

I also remember being told by a 3rd year forensics student that :

"Pills are manufactured in a very similar way to strychnine, they basically are a similar drug." Apparently his lecturer told him his, is this true.

As for H being cut, its always going to happen, surely brown "Tar" H is a brilliant example, its surely like the resin UK soapbar of the cannabis world.

As for the H dealer that informed his customers that it was cut with Barbiturates etc, its very nice of him to inform them, but I bet no-one has ever turned him down to find a better supplier. No H addict is going to turn down a rap when their clucking.

Phrozen + Rach thanks%)

I didn't start the Brixton thread on U but did contribute!