Bluelight

Thread: Is Norco the same as Hydrocodone

1. Collapse Details
    Is Norco the same as Hydrocodone 
    Bluelighter
    Question
    I have both Norco and Hydrocodone from previous prescriptions that I occasionally take for recreational use. I have noticed the Norco gives me better highs, thus prefer it over the Hydrocodone.
    However, upon closer inspection of the containers, I noticed that the Hydrocodone is listed as "Hydrocodone/APAP 5/500TA" while the Norco is "Norco 10/325MG". I asked a friend who is a nurse and she said that the numbers mean their is 5 mg of Hydrocodone and 500 mg of something else (APAP?), while the Norco is 10 mg and some uknown compound of 325 mg.
    Thus, if Norco is the same as hydrocodone, then the reason I am getting a better high is that it is twice as much, right? Or maybe that APAP stuff is dampening the effect of the hydrocodone. Or, maybe Norco is better.
    What do you guys think?

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Talking
    The "Norco" prescription is twice as strong as your generic one. The generic script has 5 milligrams of Hydrocodone, while the Norco one has 10 milligrams. APAP is nothing more than aspirin, which can be lethal in high doses. I'd take the Norco's over the generic script. More Hydrocodone (the good stuff), and less APAP (the bad stuff). The reason your getting a better high of the Norco is because it has twice as much Hydrocodone in it. Have fun.
    ------------------
    "So modify this third rock from the sun, by painting myraids of pictures with the colors of one"

3. Collapse Details

neither will affect an opiate to my knowledge, your better off using the norcos, you could take almost the limit of hydro without getting to the ACRAP ceiling.
    ------------------
    ~The Recreational Pharmacist (Ketamike)
    I have never belonged wholeheartedly to country or State, to my circle of friends or even to my own family...
    Such isolation is sometimes bitter, but I do not regret being cut off from the understanding and sympathy of other men.
    I lose something by it,to be sure, but I am compensated for it in being rendered independent of the customs,
    opinions and prejudices of others, and am not tempted to rest my peace of mind upon such shifting foundations.
    --Albert Einstein
    My AIM: TheTripDoctor (always on)

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ------------------
    "So modify this third rock from the sun, by painting myraids of pictures with the colors of one"

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Thumbs up
    Thanks for the info guys. So it appears that Norco is a name brand hydrocodone. Didnt even think about a ceiling for the APAP (tylenol), glad I havent taken more than two at a time.
    So what could be the other ingredient in the Norco then? Since none was listed.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Your Norco contains 10 milligrams of Hydrocodone and 325 milligrams of APAP. While the other prescription is 5 milligrams of Hydrocodone and 500 milligrams of APAP.
    Eating a few grams of APAP isnt gonna kill you, so dont worry about indulging... to much.
    ------------------

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter

8. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Central Florida Area (think Orlando area)
    Norco is good stuff, as it has a good amount of hydrocodone and a low enough amount of APAP that you can eat them like candy..
    So we are all clear? HYDROCODONE is the narcotic componet of BOTH medications you have, they also BOTH contain APAP, which is added for no reason other then to make the drugs less deseriable for recreational use ..
    My advice - take them both!
    ------------------
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

9. Collapse Details

up on the hill where they do do the boogie
    I would be careful about drinking while taking anything with tylenol/APAP in it. Liver failure doesn't sound like fun.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Central Florida Area (think Orlando area)
    Liver faliure from a little alcohol and moderate amounts of APAP is not really a likely problem .. you have a better chance of getting drunk and killing your opiate buzz.. alcohol is good for such applications as getting women drunk so you can have sex with them, or making teenage boys look cool, but if you have narcotics, there is no excuse to adultrate them with alcohol...
    ------------------
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"