• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] PARKLIFE - 30th Sept 2007 - Kippax Lake - REVIEWS!!!

Look what happened 10 mins into Justice's set at the Melbourne Parklife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTPV2hp3ss

Apparently Xavier didnt want to go back on and all this shit, then they finally did but played a shithouse set.

You can hear one of the guys from MSTRKRFT on the mic... funny shit.

Hope everyone had a fun day out in the sun! The weather was perfect and I must say this years organisation of everything was spot on which made for a much more enjoyable day. Definately needed the extra space for the Air & Fire stages to kind of split everything up.

The sound setup at each stage was extremely good. Nice, clear and bassy...U could get up close for a dance or just lay about on the grass and still hear the music well.

Spent most of the time at the Air & Fire stages...Scratch Perverts were definately the highlight...droppin some Dubstep into the mix....and everything else in between. Freq was a bit of a dissapointment, played the same old stuff each time he comes out and Afrobotz & Shawn Barry were just plain fukin annoying over the tunes, did nothing for the music at all. Craze started off a bit shakey but thought 1 hr was a bit short-lived. Could have played a full spectrum of music like he did last time around i.e Hip-Hop >DnB > Miami Bass.

Noticed a shitload of people trying to jump the fences. Haha was hilarious seeing them just jump over and just assume they wouldnt get caught. Like you've done half the work...now fukn sprint into the crowds...instead saw a plethora of fence jumpers just stop in their tracks once they jumped over. Some were lucky some weren't. Hats off to those who made it.

Other good points..Short queues for the toilets. Especially down near the Air Stage. Couldnt say the same for the toilet lines up near the Earth and Water stage tho...and water refills situated around the place was a great idea.

Feel sorry for all the cleaners having to clean up all that crap. The rubbish seemed to just pile up as the day went along. And food is a good idea for those who wanna grab a snack. But Indian curry? thats the least thing i'd wanna eat at a festival. Funnily enough everytime i walked past the indian joint it seemed the busiest.

^^ made it.. but only just!

as we jimyed up some arm bands as a first attempt! nope couldn't talk our way in the gate but we could talk our way over the fence with them!

to people on both sides...

Guy on out side "sure I'll check for seurety on the other side.... none"

We jump fence get clapped at ect and wander off like nothing happened and then BANG a guy wedgies me and the girl and says your coming with me...

showing our arm bands...

"But.... we have tickets!!"

security dude "oh sorry Have fun!"

only caught lyrics bourne and justice(ROCKED!!! GUITAR ACTION!) but it was worth it!

It was a pleasant day. Sat around on the grass for a lot of the day. I liked Digitalism, though they were a bit mellow, as in they weren't that great to dance to. I think Stick Figures and Justice had me moving the most.

Couldn't believe it, in either Digitalism or Justice (can't remember which), I saw a guy climb up onto some scaffolding (I was thinking, "shit, this could be like the Melbourne Parklife incident"). But I guess since the scaffolding he was on was towards the back of the dance floor, not on top of the main stage (like at Melbourne), so they didn't stop the music, and the crowd just cheered him on, haha.

The crowd. Lots of friendly munters, who were great to chat to, and who would apoligise if they bumped into people, and wouldn't get agro if you bumped into them. But there were a few wankers who would get aggressive. Crowd flow was a bit overwhelming for people going to see Muscles, but later in the day (late afternoon onwards) there seemed to be plenty of room to move around.

Probably the best festival I've been too, mostly because nothing really went wrong.

Last edited:
IWoody said:
^^ made it.. but only just!

as we jimyed up some arm bands as a first attempt! nope couldn't talk our way in the gate but we could talk our way over the fence with them!

to people on both sides...

Guy on out side "sure I'll check for seurety on the other side.... none"

We jump fence get clapped at ect and wander off like nothing happened and then BANG a guy wedgies me and the girl and says your coming with me...

showing our arm bands...

"But.... we have tickets!!"

security dude "oh sorry Have fun!"

only caught lyrics bourne and justice(ROCKED!!! GUITAR ACTION!) but it was worth it!
haha good work!

I was walking around the party with my mate looking for a spot to jump, when this van pulls up to the gate just where we were standing, with some performers/djs (not sure who exactly)... they have vip passes and walk straight up to the gate. I tell my mate walk in with them. He walks straight past 2 security dudes with the djs. He got in. I was laughing so hard. 10 mins later at the main entrance, about 100 of us stormed the fence. I got in no probs. Lots of peeps got caught though.

Awesome party! Had a great time.