• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] PARKLIFE - 30th Sept 2007 - Kippax Lake - REVIEWS!!!

astro^boi

Bluelighter
The knockout event of last year was Fuzzys Parklife festival, which delivered a day of brilliant music under sunny skies. Parklife is Sydney’s longest running outdoor festival and not only is this year our 9th year but it is also going to be bigger and better than one could imagine.

With a bigger, broader and (in our oh so humble opinion) better Parklife line-up with a lot of acts that are new to Fuzzy and heaps of acts that have never been seen live in Australia before, you will hear an even wider variety of electro, hip hop, house, breaks, beats, turntablism and more in spectacular locations across Australia.

After phenomenal success touring Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth last year with an unprecedented number of revellers coming to party in the parks, this year Parklife moves the experience into Adelaide as well.

Melbourne Saturday 22nd September
Adelaide Sunday 23rd September
Brisbane Saturday 29th September
Sydney Sunday 30th September
Perth Monday 1st October

With the best acts from around the globe, Parklife is a world of its own.

STARRING IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

ADAM FREELAND
AJAX
BUSY P
CRAZE
DERRICK CARTER
DIGITALISM LIVE
DJ DELICIOUS
FREQ NASTY feat AFROBOTS & SPRAGGA BENZ
GOOSE LIVE
GREENSKEEPERS LIVE
JUSTICE LIVE
K.I.M.
LYRICS BORN LIVE
M.I.A. LIVE
MSTRKRFT
MUSCLES LIVE
RIOT IN BELGIUM
SCRATCH PERVERTS
SHAPESHIFTER LIVE
STEREO MCS DJ SET
THE HERD LIVE
THE SOUNDS LIVE
YACHT LIVE
YELLE LIVE
+ MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

*some acts will not play in every state. Individual city lineups will be released soon.

So its SOLD OUT! Who got in with a ticket?

Hells yes.

I bought a ticket to the Sydney festival the day they went on sale.

Keen to check out Digitalism and Shapeshifter (the New Zealand DnB act).

Bring it on :)

Hope the grass has grown. Last year was a dust bowl come 6pm.

Scratch Perverts finally! Freq & Craze. Should be a sweet day/night.

I have a (1) parklife ticket for sale!

BUT I bought it on Moshtix which means I have to be the one to collect it from the venue on the day. But if anyone is interested I will meet them there and give them the ticket.

If someone wants to swap GodsKitchen tickets by any strange leap of faith that would also be very good!

Ticket is $140

^
haha. You don't wanna do the dirty double hey?

I think one festival is enough for the day. And my wallet :)

raverchik said:
I have a (1) parklife ticket for sale!

BUT I bought it on Moshtix which means I have to be the one to collect it from the venue on the day. But if anyone is interested I will meet them there and give them the ticket.

If someone wants to swap GodsKitchen tickets by any strange leap of faith that would also be very good!

Ticket is $140

How much was the original price??

Please be sure to follow these guidelines:

"6. Ticket Re-Selling and Profiting From Ticket Re-Sales:
While we understand that circumstances do arise where just MAYBE tickets need to be re-sold to another person...try not to exploit the fact that large parties/events/gigs sell out by hiking up the initial ticket cost to make a profit.

If you ARE re-selling tickets, for WHATEVER reasons there are some rules to follow. .

Please include the following information in your “ticket for sale post”:
1: the reason why it is being re-sold
2: how much you bought it for and how much you are wanting for it
3: the location/suburb of where the ticket it located

A simple post of “ticket for sale. Pm me for more info” Is no longer acceptable and you will be asked to include more information."

yeah fuck this years Parklife tix were mega inflated. 140 seems about right.

but hmmm parklife > godskitchen

Change of plans!

Thanks to a lovely bler I'm actually attending parklife now! Woo!

Was selling the ticket because I only had 1 and my partner in crime could not get one but luckily and sadly a bler is not going and is selling me her ticket.

..and yes i'll be doing the dirty double, unless this 'Afterparty party' ITM thingo looks any better.

I wasn't inflating the cost of my ticket price btw, with 3rd release prices + admin fee online + postage it would have been a grand profit of maybe $3 for rounding up purposes.

While we understand that circumstances do arise where just MAYBE tickets need to be re-sold to another person...

MAYBE?. I know lots of people re-selling their tickets simply because the tickets, and cheaper, first release ones at that, are sold so far in advance to events due to demand that people buy up before they are 100% sure they are going.
I dont see the point in discussing why your re-selling (possibly because you're unable to attend??) it if your not asking for a huge profit.

Last edited:
raverchik said:
Change of plans!

Thanks to a lovely bler I'm actually attending parklife now! Woo!

Was selling the ticket because I only had 1 and my partner in crime could not get one but luckily and sadly a bler is not going and is selling me her ticket.

..and yes i'll be doing the dirty double, unless this 'Afterparty party' ITM thingo looks any better.

I wasn't inflating the cost of my ticket price btw, with 3rd release prices + admin fee online + postage it would have been a grand profit of maybe $3 for rounding up purposes.

MAYBE?. I know lots of people re-selling their tickets simply because the tickets, and cheaper, first release ones at that, are sold so far in advance to events due to demand that people buy up before they are 100% sure they are going.
I dont see the point in discussing why your re-selling (possibly because you're unable to attend??) it if your not asking for a huge profit.

1: i never said you WERE inflating the cost. I was merely requesting you put in the initial cost YOU paid as there are no ticket prices in the first post.

2: profit or no profit when the guidelines were drawn up that is an area we wanted covered and will continue to be enforced. The aim of the new section is to cut down on people exploiting the fact things sell out and people needing tickets that they can no longer get. Whether you are profiting or not I dont personally care but BL as a whole has it's own arse to cover legally. Guidelines are there for a reason.

I'm actually really looking forward to this! Mostly Justice and Digitalism but I've also heard good things about DJ Delicious. I don't know if I trust that person though.

Either way, good times ahead. Hope the weather holds out.

Yeah probs gonna be hard organising one once lineups are up. Ppl going to Parklife for different acts and so on. But we sha'll see

Mapness:

MAP_sydney_bigger.jpg

Timeness:

AIR STAGE
TIME ARTIST
12.00 MEEM DJ Set
1.00 FUNKTRUST DJs
2.00 STEREO MCs DJ Set
3.30 SCRATCH PERVERTS
5.00 THE HERD Live
6.00 FREQ NASTY SOUND SYSTEM
7.30 LYRICS BORN Live