• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lorazepam Question -- how much?

wtf! this is amazing that so many subjects could have so many different reactions to the same drug. how is this possible with benzos? as opposed to stimulants or opiates, which tend to have similar effects on most subjects.

I found lorazepam to be my favourite recreational benzo aside from valium and halcion.

Two milligrams would make me feel about as benzoed as a milligram of clonazepam.

If you use opiates or stimulants, I'd save them for either

a) a comedown from stims

<or>

b) trouble sleeping from withdrawals (opiates)

<or>

c) amplifying the effects of opiates by combination consumption (of course know your body/tolerance, don't go overboard)

I find clonazepam & IV heroin to be a nice combination that I've grown accustom to over the past few weeks, but I started small to gauge myself, now I know my limits. Just know your body, and be safe.

Or you could just use them for stressful situations, or general trouble sleeping like others have stated above.

Last edited:
1mg of ativan is equal to .5 of xanax in mg to mg comparison.

ive got 4 1mg sublingual ativan (lorazepam) tablets. I dont have a tolerance but will be taking 2 (ive got a total of 6) before a minor surgical procedure, one the night before and one 45 minutes before. Can i get anything out of those 4 leftover pills? i dont know what a safe "recreational" dose is so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help. If not, what else are they good for? i do e sometimes so maybe save em for the comedown?

Thanks.
To me temesta (lorazepam) won't give any recreational effects no matter how much I take

If i just want to knock the brains out using my own prescription medicine's, it just won't work with these meds this country allows. Only good opioid kind of feeling is when I take 900mg lyrica, 20mg nitrazepam, 8mg klonazepam and snort 0.8mg buprenorphine... Otherwise the benzoheaven is only can be reached with rc benzos,... Flualplazoram, flunitrasolam, nifoxipam etc

Out of all the benzos I find ativan to be the most therapeutic. It doesn't make me black out and xanax/klonopin is simply way too strong even under lower doses (like .25 mg is even too strong for me).

Lorazepam isn't super recreational, but it does relieve stress nicely. Still, benzo dependency is possible even on lorazepam just to make a general statement. 1 milligram is nice, and beyond 2 milligrams I start to have weird side effects like hearing voices.. it's a weird substance in that regard. But I have super low tolerance to benzos so it might just be me.

Out of all the benzos I find ativan to be the most therapeutic. It doesn't make me black out and xanax/klonopin is simply way too strong even under lower doses (like .25 mg is even too strong for me).

Lorazepam isn't super recreational, but it does relieve stress nicely. Still, benzo dependency is possible even on lorazepam just to make a general statement. 1 milligram is nice, and beyond 2 milligrams I start to have weird side effects like hearing voices.. it's a weird substance in that regard. But I have super low tolerance to benzos so it might just be me.
You know what.... Lorazepam is the most addiction benzo, comes right after alprazolam

lorazepam is in my top 3 for sure. it’s not a fuck you up benzo, but i don’t think there’s another as efficient at instantly destroying existential dread.

people often mess up with ativan because it’s not hypnotic. that doesn’t mean it’s not among the very powerful ones like xanax. people take 1mg, think they feel nothing, then take 3 or 4 more and black out.

edit:
without a tolerance, 1mg isn’t even necessary. at the beginning, i got these in .5mg and that worked perfectly. now my script is 1mg, which isn’t too bad. but the the lower the better with benzos. i still sometimes split my pill and take half. and i’ve been scripted benzos for over 17 years. can function on a mg of c-lam no problem. ativan is just that precise and efficient. i call it the needle of benzos. hats off to whoever brought it to market. best thing since valium. those two and dilaudid are really the only three prescription drugs that are worth the space they occupy. and maybe a carefully selected, low dosed ssri — when absolutely necessary.

though i hear good things about lamotrigine. never had the gull to titrate up to a therapeutic dose, myself.

got a soft spot for mirtazapine as well. has done me no harm.

Last edited:
lorazepam is in my top 3 for sure. it’s not a fuck you up benzo, but i don’t think there’s another as efficient at instantly destroying existential dread.

people often mess up with ativan because it’s not hypnotic. that doesn’t mean it’s not among the very powerful ones like xanax. people take 1mg, think they feel nothing, then take 3 or 4 more and black out.

edit:
without a tolerance, 1mg isn’t even necessary. at the beginning, i got these in .5mg and that worked perfectly. now my script is 1mg, which isn’t too bad. but the the lower the better with benzos. i still sometimes split my pill and take half. and i’ve been scripted benzos for over 17 years. can function on a mg of c-lam no problem. ativan is just that precise and efficient. i call it the needle of benzos. hats off to whoever brought it to market. best thing since valium. those two and dilaudid are really the only three prescription drugs that are worth the space they occupy. and maybe a carefully selected, low dosed ssri — when absolutely necessary.

though i hear good things about lamotrigine. never had the gull to titrate up to a therapeutic dose, myself.

got a soft spot for mirtazapine as well. has done me no harm.

"Existential dread" lol. Oh, that's what that's called. Some people really dislike Ativan and call it a "knock-off Benzo." I know hospitals love IV Ativan drips for sedating people gone wild. So maybe the IV drip is super effective over other Benzos for whatever reason. I could see why people hate Ativan. They're looking for a "let's get fucked up and black out drug and not care about anything in life" kind of drug. If you take a ton (3-4 milligrams) you black out and not in a way that's "omg I'm so messed up." It's too relaxing that you just pass out. Ativan makes you unwind and relax, it doesn't wreck you like alprazolam can.

I think Ativan has the most functionality for me regarding the class of Benzos. Benzos are for whatever reason incredibly strong in effects for me. I literally can't function on them like heavy alcohol. That's why Ativan is nice. I can take 1 milligram and actually get things done like papers or research. On alprazolam I'm as useless as a broken toaster. I love Ativan for stimulant comedowns. It works great for that specifically. It does also work nicely to combine with adderall or Ritalin to cut the edge off stimulants--people warn not to combine Benzos with stimulants though. I wonder if that's just a theory or it's actually harmful for the heart. Either way, it's not like you're you going to die from combining stimulants with Ativan 3-4 times.

best i can do at labeling it. actually think i lifted it from early ativan or valium marketing material.

No I totally know what you're talking about I just never put a label on what that was lol! I think that's what people struggle with more than anxiety and it's a reason why so many people go after benzo scripts. I suffer from it too but self-medicate it with other things like kratom.

Having a benzo script would be far too scary for me. I'd just find excuses to medicate more and more.. like a bad day at the office, etc. And surely eventually I'd become dependent once rebound anxiety starts kicking in. Idk how many people lack control when it comes to their benzo script use--and it can't be as high as opioid script abuse--but for sure dependency is a real thing. I find Benzos easy to not abuse because I've never had many at a time. But if I had 200 of them it would be a different story especially since tolerance comes quite quick.

I know anxiety is something very real and tangible that many struggle with--but Benzos are just a bandaid on the problem. They're not always going to put a dent in anxiety and they're lethal to withdraw from. Ativan is way less lethal than alprazolam or something because it's a lot weaker and most people only experience rebound anxiety from quitting lorepazem--not seizures that seems ultra rare. The closest I've come to benzo withdrawal is when I used a lot of Ativan to overcome another withdrawal from something else, and man it felt horrible even though it was a very mild withdrawal. The rebound anxiety was literally random waves of panic.