• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lorazepam Question -- how much?

lornez

Greenlighter
ive got 4 1mg sublingual ativan (lorazepam) tablets. I dont have a tolerance but will be taking 2 (ive got a total of 6) before a minor surgical procedure, one the night before and one 45 minutes before. Can i get anything out of those 4 leftover pills? i dont know what a safe "recreational" dose is so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help. If not, what else are they good for? i do e sometimes so maybe save em for the comedown?

Thanks.

Most people don't find Lorazepam very recreational. It's not very euophoric and anything more than 1-2mg without a tolerance will probably just put you to sleep. I'd save them for stimulant comedowns, as it's pretty good for that.

With 4mg Lorazepam left, you could:

-get high on 2,5mg (assuming you have NO tolerance at all); and keep the remaining 1,5mg for stressful situations, or when you can't sleep.

-use 1mg whenever you feel at stress, can't sleep, etc...

the first time i took lorazepam, i had no benzo tolerance and i took 4 mg. i found it pretty recreational. however, after that it was never fun anymore.

I'm on lorazepam daily and I couldn't get through without it. Benzo addiction sucks a huge one.

I've just recently been prescribed lorazepam for anxiety, and I don't find it recreational at all. Granted, I've never taken any more than 2mg at once (no tolerance), but all that did was put me to sleep.

I've heard that recreational doses of lorazepam start at over 3mg, but I'm not prescribed enough of them yet to warrant using excess amounts for fun.

Supposedly liquid lorazepam is where the fun is really at...

I just recently got some ativan I took 5 mg and I was lovin it. I have been on xanax for 5 years and want my doc to switch me over cause the xannies do nothing for me unless i take 8mg

I wouldn't expect much from lorazepam... I think it's a big letdown. Sort of like Xanax but with out that goood Xanax buzz... Whatever...

adder said:
I'm on lorazepam daily and I couldn't get through without it. Benzo addiction sucks a huge one.

yea dude i have a klonopin script and use it daily and i cant imagine getting by without it....its insanity

taitpeter said:
yea dude i have a klonopin script and use it daily and i cant imagine getting by without it....its insanity

what's so insane about it? i have a daily xanax script and i could easily see myself getting by without it. its just the can't fall asleep thing that keeps me taking it.

I find that lorazepam really just isn't much fun. You can take medical amounts for lasting relaxation and anxiety control, but if you do more you don't get nearly the pleasant buzzed feeling from other benzos like alprazolam, just impaired mental faculties and amnesia.

As mentioned, it is said to be useful for stimulant comedowns as well. You should probably keep it until you need it for anxiety. I would.

my vote is eat all the ativan and chug a few shots, find some bitches, smoke some dank....etc. i hope thats what u ended up doing, that sounds like a fun night

i would suggest saving it for rough days, and take a mg or two during those times. I think ativan is dubbed "not recreational" because it isn't really a party drug like booze or coke. But when you take ativan, you have no worries and feel warm all over. i guess if you didn't have any worries before hand, that wouldn't be all that great. If your idea of a "recreational" drug is something great to get fucked up on when you are bored, ativan is not, if your idea of a "recreational" drug is something that will make you feel good and help you temporarily escape the toils of life, ativan is.

lorazepam may not be great for getting you all fucked up, but when I am having a hard day ativan is GOD, smooth and warm, better than xanax by leaps n' bounds. I've never just taken it when i am bored because i do not have enough to spare for such situations, but i feel like benzo's in general, including xanax, are shitty for just getting fucked up.

but benzos are a very subjective class of drugs...

burn out said:
what's so insane about it? i have a daily xanax script and i could easily see myself getting by without it.
then stop taking it... have a drink or smoke a bowl before bed, maybe even take a unisom or look into lunesta. if that won't do it, then you need benzos to make it through day to day life, and that's insane.

unisom chokes on deez nuts. and lunesta makes all my food taste like diahrea dilluted with engine starter fluid. shitty sleeping pills=BLAHHHG!

Lorazepam is great for me. Mix it with an opioid and some Carisoprodol and you're done.

For anxiety, it causes sleep so I dont recommend it.

Lorazepam gives me a more "space out" feeling and less euphoric feeling then the other main benzos (diazepam, alprazolam, clonazapam). Your mileage may vary though, as most people react to different benzos differently. I have seen a buddy take 6mg of xanax on no tolerance and be fine. Next day take 2mg of ativan and be out like a light.

wow that's one of the strangest things i've heard. 6mg xanax didnt knock him out but 2mg lorazepam did? i take 6-8mgs of xanax to catch a buzz and i get faded as fuck. i usually take 4mg ativan but it doesn't make me feel nearly as buzzed as xanax. when i take the ativan it actually makes me more energetic.

yeah, i've never found it all that fun, i've taken up to 8mg with a little tolerance and all it seems to do is have pronounced amnesiac effects, not very euphoric. I say keep them for a rainy day, mix with something good like opiates, or if you are like me, id end up taking them all anyway.

I guess everybody's different. For me, lorazepam is more euphoric than alprazolam. 2-4 mg Ativan taken sublingually gives me a very fun buzz. The same amount of Xanax just puts me to sleep.

Lorazepam makes me an asshole. I dont know if it blocks so much inhibitory GABAa that I am just speaking too much of my mind, but lorazepam has been very bad for my social life in the past. Although I find it has rather good anti-emetic properties.