• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Entry

^Good question. I'm not sure if you can register- have you tried? But essentially, we would contain discussion in this thread (re: cannabis only) and keep the info on wiki....

To be honest, this project is becoming hard to get going, so we need to iron out the kinks a bit....But try registering- who knows?? :D

I'm probably being dense here but what do you mean by register?

Ta for the link. Yeah, I was able to create an account and log in.

^Have a play in the sandpit first ;)

Also, thanks for your obvious interest; its getting hard to get this thing going properly.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how many people know about the project, I only happened to notice "cannabis entry" at the top of the page when I logged in. Maybe a thread in the focus forums would get people involved?

OK, I'm going to get cracking on this hashish section. Are there any demands in terms of brevity? I feel that the hashish section should have a guide to ascertaining the likely quality of a sample of hash based on physical tests, as that's got to be good HR.

Last edited:
Ok, I've created the Cannabis article and started writing the hashish section (it's really the only section I feel confident enough to write). I hope I haven't been too presumptuous in doing this. I'd really appreciate any feedback if anyone has any thoughts.

EDIT: I think that trying to include Hashish and Genetics as subsections of the main Cannabis section might be a little ambitious, and that it would probably be better to make those two sections in their own right. I can see the Genetics section in particular getting pretty large.

I think it would probably be good to have a section that debunks common myths too. I mean, there's been a couple of new threads in the last day about eating/drinking killing your high.

Last edited:
Ok, I've created the Cannabis article and started writing the hashish section (it's really the only section I feel confident enough to write). I hope I haven't been too presumptuous in doing this. I'd really appreciate any feedback if anyone has any thoughts.

EDIT: I think that trying to include Hashish and Genetics as subsections of the main Cannabis section might be a little ambitious, and that it would probably be better to make those two sections in their own right. I can see the Genetics section in particular getting pretty large.

I think it would probably be good to have a section that debunks common myths too. I mean, there's been a couple of new threads in the last day about eating/drinking killing your high.

Cool. You might want to migrate the existing FAQ's over first.

I think we need toi keep it simple for starters...I would opt for a complete cannabis article- genetics and all- and then diving into the more complex stuff. Kind of like a tree...Hmm. :)

Thanks mate :)

^I didn't mean that there should be seperate articles for hash and genetics, I just meant that I thought they should have their own sections, rather than being included as subsections of the main cannabis section, as they are in thujone's TOC.

It doesn't look like anyone ever got around to writing a Cannabis FAQ for BL, and the one on Erowid would take so much editing that it's probably easier to just start from scratch.

Last edited:
my version of the ToC was just to get a prototype established when this whole wiki was just an administrative pipe dream. how it takes shape now is in the hands of the wiki mods. the main issue with the section is of course the question of how information can be verified. even if this were peer reviewed, it's not guaranteed that BL users can apply the scientific method to all information proposed.

i suppose that means you propose whatever you propose and it's up to the mods to parse the information and decide what of it, if any, is legitimate enough to include.

I like the idea of including various smoking methods and apparatus, as well as the positive effects and negative risks associated with their use.

Of course the home made section would be interesting to narrow down.

I think this thread would get more response as a sticky in CD.

Here's a good article on Cannabinoids. Im sure it would clear alot of things up for people. I relise it's long, but it's full of great info.

Marijuana
Cannabinoids (THC, CBD, CBN...)

The Active Ingredients Of Cannabis

Cannabis products include marijuana, hashish, and hashish oil.

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) gets a user high, a larger THC content will produce a stronger high. Without THC you don't get high.

CBD (Cannabidiol) increases some of the effects of THC and decreases other effects of THC. High levels of THC and low levels of CBD contribute to a strong, clear headed, more energetic high.

Cannabis that has a high level of both THC and CBD will produce a strong head-stone that feels almost dreamlike. Cannabis that has low levels of THC and high levels of CBD produces more of a stoned feeling. The mind feels dull and the body feels tired.

CBN (Cannabinol) is produced as THC ages and breaks down, this process is known as oxidization. High levels of CBN tend to make the user feel messed up rather than high.

CBN levels can be kept to a minimum by storing cannabis products in a dark, cool, airtight environment. Marijuana should be dry prior to storage, and may have to be dried again after being stored somewhere that is humid.

THCV (Tetrahydrocannabivarin) is found primarily in strains of African and Asian cannabis. THCV increases the speed and intensity of THC effects, but also causes the high to end sooner. Weed that smells strong (prior to smoking) might indicate a high level of THCV.

CBC (Cannabichromene) is probably not psychoactive in pure form but is thought to interact with THC to enhance the high.

CBL (Cannabicyclol) is a degradative product like CBN. Light converts CBC to CBL.

Cannabis is unique in many ways. Of all plants, it is the only genus known to produce chemical substances known as herbal cannabinoids. These cannabinoids are the psychoactive ingredients of marijuana; they are what get you high, buzzed, or stoned. By 1974, there were 37 naturally occurring cannabinoids that had been discovered.

There are 3 types of cannabinoids:
--- Herbal: occur naturally only in the cannabis plant
--- Endogenous: occur naturally in humans and other animals
--- Synthetic: cannabinoids produced in a lab

Most of the cannabinoids appear in very small amounts (less than .01 percent of total cannabinoids) and are not considered psychoactive, or else not important to the high. Many are simply homologues or analogues (similar structure or function) to the few major cannabinoids which are listed.

Tetrahydrocannabinol - THC

Delta 9-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol - delta-9 THC is the main psychotomimetic (mindbending) ingredient of marijuana. Estimates state that 70 to 100 percent of the marijuana high results from the delta-9 THC present. It occurs in almost all cannabis in concentrations that vary from traces to about 95 percent of all the cannabinoids in the sample.

In very potent strains, carefully prepared marijuana can be 30 percent delta-9 THC by dry weight (seeds and stems removed from flowering buds). Buds are the popular name given to masses of female flowers that form distinct clusters.

Delta 8-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol - delta-8 THC is reported in low concentration, less than one percent of the delta-9 THC present. Its activity is slightly less than that of delta-9 THC. It may be an artefact of the extraction/analysis process. Almost everyone who uses the term THC, refers to delta-9 THC and delta-8 THC combined, as THC.

Cannabidiol - CBD

Cannabidiol - CBD also occurs in almost all strains. Concentration range from none, to about 95 percent of the total cannabinoids present. THC and CBD are the two most abundant naturally occurring cannabinoids. CBD is not psychotomimetic in the pure form, although it does have sedative, analgesic, and antibiotic properties.

In order for CBD to affect the high, THC must be present in quantities ordinarily psychoactive. CBD can contribute to the high by interacting with THC to potentiate (enhance) or antagonize (interfere or lessen) certain qualities of the high.

CBD appears to potentiate the depressant effects of THC and antagonize is excitatory effects. CBD also delays the onset of the high but can make it last considerably longer (as much as twice as long). The kind of grass that takes a while to come on but keeps coming on.

Opinions are conflicting as to whether it increases or decreases the intensity of the high, intensity and high being difficult to define. Terms such as knock-out or sleepy, dreamlike, or melancholic are often used to describe the high from grass with sizeable proportions of CBD and THC.

When only small amounts of THC are present with high proportions of CBD, the high is more of a buzz, and the mind feels dull and the body de-energized.

Cannabinol - CBN

Cannabinol - CBN is not produced by the plant per se. It is the degradation (oxidative) product of THC. Fresh samples of marijuana contain very little CBN but curing, poor storage, or processing such as when making hashish, can cause much of the THC to be oxidized to CBN. Pure forms of CBN have at most 10 percent of the psychoactivity of THC.

Like CBD, it is suspected of potentiating certain aspects of the high, although so far these effects appear to be slight. CBN seems to potentiate THC's disorienting qualities. One may feel more dizzy or drugged or generally messed up but not necessarily higher.

In fact, with a high proportion of CBN, the high may start well but feels as if it never quite reaches its peak, and when coming down one feels tired or sleepy. High CBN in homegrown grass is not desirable since it represents a loss of 90 percent of the psychoactivity of its precursor THC.

Cannabichromene - CBC

Cannabichromene - CBC is another major cannabinoid, although it is found in smaller concentrations than CBD and THC. It was previously believed that is was a minor constituent, but more exacting analysis showed that the compound often reported as CBD may actually be CBC.

Relative to THC and CBD, its concentration in the plants is low, probably not exceeding 20 percent of total cannabinoids. CBC is believed not to be psychotomimetic in humans; however, its presence in plants is purportedly very potent has led to the suspicion that it may be interacting with THC to enhance the high.

Cannabicyclol - CBL

Cannabicyclol (CBL) is a degradative product like CBN. During extraction, light converts CBC to CBL. There are no reports on its activity in humans, and it is found in small amounts, if at all, in fresh plant material.

Different blends of cannabinoids account for the different qualities of intoxication produced by different strains of cannabis. The intensity of the high depends primarily on the amount of delta-9 THC present and on the method of ingestion.

A complex drug such as marijuana affects the mind and body in many ways. Sorting out what accounts for what response can become quite complex.

Last edited:
to be edited

wise, excellent entry, i learned some stuff ive been meaning to, but who is the author?

CANNABIS; SCHIZOPHRENIA, AND COGNITIVE AWARENESS

Cannabis extracts, specifically CDx (a naturally occurring chemicals present in cannabis, as described above), have been known for many years to be as beneficial as the common "anti psychotic" medications, or in-vivo, as an aid to lower doses of "anti psychotic" medications.

Also, a little known possible cause of schizo-type disorders; "endocannabinoid hypothe-sis of schizophrenia" is explained in short.

These abstracts are of neutral factual clinical information, and hopefully enough information to prompt further study; to those interested, or who as I, have adverse reactions to typical D2 inhibiting "anti-psychotics"; have been misinformed, and want/need peace in their lives, which is not possible with out the aid of "anti-psychotics" drugs, or do not respond to typical treatment.

These Medical Abstracts are "free share", published to help educate its readers; laymen or medical professional; in academia; or for scientific review.

I added the NSFW tag, for peer review, and comment before any changes that may be needed are finalized.

all credits are due and given.

This plant has been studied...... 20,000 times, there is a lot of information, why study a plant more then any other if it is known to be a useless weed, with moderate medical benefits? Senseless sounding? Well most of that information is out there. These articles were chosen, because of their source credibility, date of publication, and the general summery/language used.

NSFW:

Page 1
Cannabinoids 2009;4(4):1-3
© International Association for Cannabis as Medicine
Article of the Month
THC can improve symptoms of schizophrenia
Franjo Grotenhermen
nova-Institut, Chemiepark Knapsack, Industriestraße, D-50354 Hürth, Germany
Abstract
Scientists at the Rockland Psychiatric Center in Orangeburg, New York, reported of an improve-
ment of schizophrenia symptoms in 4 patients who received oral dronabinol (THC) (Schwarcz et
al. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2009;29(3):255-8 ). Only patients with a previous history of self-
reported benefits from cannabis use were selected. In addition, they presented with a severe, re-
fractory condition that made the possible benefits outweigh the risks. Dronabinol administration
was initiated at 2.5 mg twice a day and subsequently raised to 5 mg twice a day in the second
week and 10 mg twice a day in the third week. One of the patients needed 8 weeks to reach sig-
nificant improvement, while the others responded to the therapy within a shorter period of time.
Researchers noted that "this improvement seems to have been a reduction of core psychotic symp-
toms in 3 of the 4 responders and not just non-specific calming."
Keywords: cannabis, THC, dronabinol, schizophrenia, psychosis, case report
This article can be downloaded, printed and distributed freely for any non-commercial purposes, provided the original work is prop-
erly cited (see copyright info below). Available online at www.cannabis-med.org
Author's address: Franjo Grotenhermen, [email protected]
Summary of Original Article

Page 2
A number of patients suffering from schizophrenia
have reported that they profit from a self-medication
with cannabis [4], but this claim has never been inves-
tigated in a clinical study. To date, epidemiological
studies reported only of a deterioration or unchanged
severity of symptoms in patients with schizophrenia by
the use of cannabis [7]. In addition, longitudinal studies
have shown, that the use of cannabis increased the risk
for the development of schizophrenic psychosis [1].
However, the risk was only increased for adolescents
and young adults and only a small proportion of users
developed a psychosis. It was suggested that vulnerable
or genetically predisposed people may experience these
negative effects from cannabis use [3].
Previously, positive consequences of cannabis use in
schizophrenic patients observed in studies were re-
stricted to its effects on cognitive performance. In two
studies, patients suffering from schizophrenia who used
cannabis showed a better cognitive performance than
patients with schizophrenia, who did not use the drug
[2,5]. However, another study found a deterioration of
neurocognitive function associated with cannabis use
by schizophrenic patients [9].
Dronabinol is the INN (international non-proprietary
name) of a natural cannabinoid, the (-)-trans-isomer of
delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, which is present in the
cannabis plant. It is often called THC or delta-9-THC,
since the other three isomers do not exist naturally.
Dronabinol may be extracted from the plant but also be
manufactured synthetically or semi-synthetically by
isomerization of cannabidiol [11].
It is supposed that schizophrenia could be caused by a
hyperactivity of the endocannabinoid system in at least
some patients, the so-called endocannabinoid hypothe-
sis of schizophrenia [8]. According to this hypothesis
stimulation of the endocannabinoid system would
cause psychotic symptoms, while the blockade of this
system could treat schizophrenia. The current study
shows, that in single patients stimulation of CB1 recep-
tors may result in an improvement of psychosis. It is
remarkable that the improvements were observed in
patients with severe disease, who did not respond to
other medications. It can be supposed that the high
response rate observed is based on the selection of
patients. Authors noted that the non-response to stan-
dard medication with dopamine-blocking substances
might indicate that the psychotic symptoms of these
patients were caused by changes in other systems such
as the endocannabinoid system.
Another natural cannabinoid has been shown to possess
therapeutic potential in schizophrenia. For example,
cannabidiol (CBD) was effective in the treatment of
psychotic symptoms of six patients suffering from
Parkinson's disease [12]. In another study with 42 pa-
tients with acute schizophrenia, of whom half received
800 mg CBD daily for four weeks, the cannabinoid
was as effective as amisulpride, an established anti-
psychotic drug [6]. Since CBD has a different mode of
action than THC, these two cannabinoids may be bene-
ficial in different patients.
Comment
It is well-known that dronabinol and other CB1 recep-
tor agonists may cause opposite physical effects in
different people, that they usually reduce but some-
times increase pain, that they usually reduce but rarely
cause nausea and vomiting. This may also be true for
psychiatric diseases and symptoms such as depression,
anxiety and also schizophrenia, depending on cannabi-
noid dose and individual factors such as "endocannabi-
noid tone" that are currently not well understood. We
are reminded of the complexity of the human brain and
the remaining challenge to understand its function.

References
1. Arseneault L, Cannon M, Poulton R, Murray R,
Caspi A, Moffitt TE. Cannabis use in adolescence
and risk for adult psychosis: longitudinal pro-
spective study. BMJ 2002;325(7374):1212-3.
2. Coulston CM, Perdices M, Tennant CC. The
neuropsychological correlates of cannabis use in
schizophrenia: lifetime abuse/dependence, fre-
quency of use, and recency of use. Schizophr Res
2007;96(1-3):169-84.
3. Degenhardt L, Hall W. Is cannabis use a contri-
butory cause of psychosis? Can J Psychiatry
2006;51(9):556-65.
4. Gieringer D. Medical Use of Cannabis: Experi-
ence in California. In: Grotenhermen F, Russo E,
eds. Cannabis and cannabinoids. Pharmacology,
toxicology, and therapeutic potential. Bing-
hamton/New York: Haworth Press, 2002.
5. Jockers-Scherübl MC, Wolf T, Radzei N,
Schlattmann P, Rentzsch J, Gómez-Carrillo de
Castro A, Kühl KP. Cannabis induces different
cognitive changes in schizophrenic patients and
in healthy controls. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol
Biol Psychiatry 2007;31(5):1054-63.
6. Leweke FM, Koethe D, Gerth CW, Nolden BM,
Schreiber D, Hänsel A, Neatby MA, Juelicher A,
Hellmich M, Klosterkötter J. Cannabidiol as an
antipsychotic. a double-blind, controlled clinical
trial on cannabidiol vs. amisulpride in acute
schizophrenia. Abstract presented at the 3rd Con-
ference of the International Association for Can-
nabis as Medicine, Leiden, 9-10 September 2005

March 2010, Vol. 11, No. 2_2 , Pages 208-219

Patrik Roser1, Franz X. Vollenweider2, Wolfram Kawohl, MD1*

1Research Group Clinical and Experimental Psychopathology, Department of General and Social Psychiatry ZH West, Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

2Research Group Neuropsychopharmacology and Brain Imaging & Heffter Research Center, Clinic for Affective Disorders and General Psychiatry ZH East, Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
*Correspondence: Wolfram Kawohl, MD, Psychiatric University Hospital, Militärstrasse 8, Postfach 1930, 8021, Zurich, Switzerland +41 44 296 7461 +41 44 296 7449 [email protected]
Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), the principal psychoactive constituent of the Cannabis sativa plant, and other agonists at the central cannabinoid (CB1) receptor may induce characteristic psychomotor effects, psychotic reactions and cognitive impairment resembling schizophrenia. These effects of Δ9-THC can be reduced in animal and human models of psychopathology by two exogenous cannabinoids, cannabidiol (CBD) and SR141716. CBD is the second most abundant constituent of Cannabis sativa that has weak partial antagonistic properties at the CB1 receptor. CBD inhibits the reuptake and hydrolysis of anandamide, the most important endogenous CB1 receptor agonist, and exhibits neuroprotective antioxidant activity. SR141716 is a potent and selective CB1 receptor antagonist. Since both CBD and SR141716 can reverse many of the biochemical, physiological and behavioural effects of CB1 receptor agonists, it has been proposed that both CBD and SR141716 have antipsychotic properties. Various experimental studies in animals, healthy human volunteers, and schizophrenic patients support this notion. Moreover, recent studies suggest that cannabinoids such as CBD and SR141716 have a pharmacological profile similar to that of atypical antipsychotic drugs. In this review, both preclinical and clinical studies investigating the potential antipsychotic effects of both CBD and SR141716 are presented together with the possible underlying mechanisms of action.

May 17, 2007 - Berlin, Germany

Berlin, Germany: Cannabis use is associated with improved cognition in schizophrenic patients, according to clinical trial data to be published in the journal Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry.

Investigators at the University of Berlin assessed the impact of cannabis on cognitive functions in schizophrenic patients who reported prior use of pot versus patients who reported no history of substance abuse. Researchers reported that cannabis use was not associated with any decline in cognition, and that those subjects who reported using marijuana prior to their first psychotic episode showed improved cognitive performance on certain tests compared to non-users.

"[T]o our surprise, cannabis abusing schizophrenic patients … achieved results either similar to those [achieved] by the non-using cannabis schizophrenic patients or, at times, performed even better than them," investigators concluded. "[R]ather than deteriorating neuropsychological performance, cannabis [use] prior to [a patient’s] first psychotic episode improved cognition in some tests."

According to the study’s authors, cognitive dysfunctions are present in more than 80 percent of patients diagnosed with schizophrenia.

A separate 2005 study by investigators at Manchester Metropolitan University in Britain previously reported that schizophrenic patients who consumed cannabis prior to disease onset possessed greater cognitive skills after ten years than did non-users.

Neurocognitive studies performed on healthy volunteers generally report that the use of marijuana, even long-term, is not associated with any significant or long-lasting declines in cognitive function.

For more information, please contact Paul Armentano, NORML Senior Policy Analyst, at: [email protected]. Full text of the study, "Cannabis induces different cognitive changes in schizophrenic patients and in healthy controls," will appear in a forthcoming issue of Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry.

Last edited:
Hey Panic not to sure on the author, or where I found that. :\

Here's some info from Subcool, copy and pasted from his post over at Rollitup.

2010 Revised Super Soil Recipe

Super Soil

To me, there is nothing like the taste of properly grown organic cannabis. The subtle flavors and aromas created when using Mother Earth are pleasantly overwhelming to the senses when everything is done properly. As with many vegetables, a rich organic soil can bring out the best in a plant. Throughout the past 20 years, I have tried almost every possible way to cultivate our favorite plant and while hydroponic is certainly faster and more productive, I have developed a soil that performs extremely well with very little guess work. I don’t worry about PH or PPM (parts per million), I simply have spent a few years developing a n effective recipe. Using seven gallon nursery pots, I can grow plants from start to finish using only water. Other than a bit of sweat equity every 90 days or so, this takes a huge amount of science out of the garden and puts nature back in charge. This recipe is slightly different from the one I had used previously— the one so many consider to be gospel— and that has been passed around for years from grower to grower. I consider this version to be new and improved and reflects the exact formula I am using at the time this book was actually printed.

I always start with at least 6-8 large bags of high quality organic soil. The selection of your base soil is very important, so don’t cut corners here. I cannot possibly discuss all the different products but I will mention a few notable favorites. A good organic soil should cost between $8-10 per 30 lb. bag. To get a really good idea of what I consider to be a balanced soil, take a look at the ingredients of a product called Roots Organic:

Lignite*, coca fiber, perlite, pumice, compost, peat moss, bone meal, bat guano, kelp meal, Green sand, soy bean meal, leonardite, k-mag, glacial rock dust, alfalfa meal, oyster shell flour, earth worm castings and Mycorrhizae.

I have always had success in giving my plants a wide range of soil amendments; I figure it's like a buffet where they get all they need.

“Lignite, also known as leonardite, mined lignin, brown coal, and slack, is an important constituent to the oil well, drilling industry. Lignite, or leonardite as it will be referred as hereafter, is technically known as a low rank coal between peat and sub-bituminous. Leonardite was named for Dr. A.G. Leonard, North Dakota's first state geologist, who was a pioneer in the study of lignite deposits. Leonardite is applied to products having a high content of humic acid. Humic acid has been found to be very useful as a drilling
mud thinner.”

Another soil product we are now testing is called Harvest Moon:

Washed coco fibers, Alaskan peat moss, perlite, yucca, pumice, diatoms, worm castings, feather meal, fishmeal, kelp meal, limestone, gypsum, soybean meal, alfalfa meal, rock dust, yucca meal, and Mycorrhizae fungi.

The Roots Organic soil has typically produced a more floral smell in the finished buds, while the Harvest Moon generates larger yields.

If you have access to good local mixes like these, then I highly recommend starting with these types of products. We have also had decent results using larger commercial brands, but not without plenty of additives. The best result we have seen from well known soil that is available nationwide is with Fox Farms “Ocean Forest” soil combined in a 2-1 ratio with “Light Warrior,” also produced by Fox Farms. On its own, the Ocean Forest is known for burning plants and having the wrong ratio of nutrients, but when mixed with Light Warrior it makes a pretty good base soil.

You can also just use two bales of their “Sunshine Mix #4,” but this is my last choice and plants growing in this may not complete properly with my “just add water” method of soil growing. The concept with this concentrated soil is to not have to worry about mixing nutrients once the soil is made.

The mix is placed in the bottom ¼ to ½ of the container and blended with base soil. This allows the plants to grow into the strongly concentrated soil and, in the right size container, they need nothing else but water throughout the full growing cycle. With strains requiring high levels of nutrients like Cheese and Space Queen and other high energy demand strains, we go as strong as ¾ of the container with Super Soil but this is only with a small percentage of strains.

Here are the amounts we have found that produce the best tasting buds and strongest medicines:

8 large bags of high quality organic potting soil with coco and Mycorrhizae
25-50 lbs. of organic worm castings
5 lbs. of Blood meal 12-0-0
5 lbs. Bat guano 0-5-0
5 lbs. Fish Bone Meal 3-16-0
¾ cup Epsom salt
1 cup Sweet lime (Dolomite)
½ cup Azomite ( Trace element)
2 Tbs. powdered Humic acid
*** If using an RO system add in 1/2 cup powdered Cal/mag

This is the same basic recipe I have used for 15 years. While I have made small changes in the ingrediants the basic recipe has stayed the same with the main change being the type of products we use. I do make small changes and that means the true recipe is always changing slightly but each of the changes is small and if I see no benifit I return to the previous mix. The hardest ingredient to acquire is the worm castings. Most people don't even know what this is. Be resourceful and find it! Worms make up ¾ of the living organisms underground and hold our planet together.
Be careful not to waste money on “Soil conditioner with worm castings.” Buy local, pure worm poop with no added mulch.

There are several methods of mixing this up well. You can sweep the ingredients off a patio or garage and work with it there on a tarp.You can use a kids’ plastic wading pool. These cost about $10 and work really well for a few seasons. Some growers have been known to rent a cement mixer and cut down on the physical labor. As long as you get the ingredients mixed up properly, that is all that matters.

This can be a lot of work so don’t pull a muscle if you’re not used to strenuous activity. The manual method is good for the mind and body. Working with soil keeps me in pretty good shape, but if you have physical limitations you can simply have someone mix it up for you while you supervise. One of the things I like about this method is that I can drop off plants to a patient and all they have to do is water them when the soil dries out.

Place a few bags of base soil in first, making a mound. Then place the powdered nutrients in a circle around the mound and cover it all with another bag of base soil.
Then, in go the bat poop and more base soil. I continue to layer soil and additives until everything has been added to the pile. At this point, I put on the muck boots. These help me kick the soil around and get it mixed up well using my larger leg muscles and not my back and arms. Then it’s as simple as my Skipper used to say: “Put your back into it.” This is hard work that I obsess on, even breaking up all the clods of soil by hand. I mix for about 15 minutes, turning the pile over and over until it is thoroughly combined. I store the mix in large garbage cans.

Before using it, the entire load is poured out once more and mixed well. Once placed in the storage containers, I water the mix slightly, adding three gallons of water to a large garbage can full. It will make the stirring harder next week but this will activate the Mycorrhizae and help all the powders dissolve.

Now, we add water and let it cook in the sunshine. Thirty days of cooking is best for this concentrate.

Do not put seeds or clones directly in this mix. It is a concentrated mix used in conjunction with base soil. Place it in the bottom of each finishing container. Fully rooted, established clones should be placed in a bed of base soil that is layered on top of the concentrate. As the plants grow, they slowly push their roots into the Super Soil, drawing up all nutrients needed to complete their life cycle. Super Soil can also be used to top dress plants that take longer to mature.

I use this mix for a full year, just adding about 30-50% in the lower portion of the container, depending on the strain, and plain base soil in the top portion. (Base soil means your regular potting soil such as Roots, Harvest Moon, or even Sunshine Mix without the additives!)

Buds produced from this method finish with nicely faded fan leaves and the end result is a smoother fruity flavor. The plants are not green when done but purple, red, orange and even black at times. The resin content is heavier and the terpins always seem to be more pungent.

This method is used by medical growers all over with amazing results. The feedback I receive is really positive with reports of hydro-like growth and novice growers producing buds of the same quality as lifelong growers.

You can watch more info on my Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/subcool4...10/s-jOcEMnTbc

Notes#

We switched from Bone meal to Fish bone meal because its organic
Rock dust is no longer available due to the patriot act and I am not sure it helped anyway the Roots soil has Glacial Rock dust included.

Wiki is becoming a threat

Twenty years ago we didn't have computers that you could interface and do anything other than use to play math games. Now any and all types of information floating that anybody who is willing, now has ability. I was a real bastard of a teenager. But I grew up in the North and weed doesn’t take kindly to frost, but if I couldn’t googled “how to make meth and other drugs”, I would have. And probably would have been trying out every stupid recipe or new idea on how to get high I came across. At best I wouldn’t hurt myself and gotten so much needed help but, that never happened I had High times at beer. I think wiki is just like everyone and putting more on their site than is safe common knowledge.
I now spend most of my time studying psychoactive research chemicals and for the people who can’t get an answer on the web wiki or some page that starts in wiki. Wikipedia is the largest known storehouse of compounds that can overdose at the milligram level. They also have integrated the strain names which to me shows a paradigm shift of the cold day on hell when people see marijuana as medicine.

Last edited:
I totally support the people here whom stop at nothing to keep cannabis knowledge to the public. I think the cannabis page gives a fantastic scientific as well as medical rigor into the subject. I was raised by a war vet and television and a degree in engineering. Some of the shit I read on a combo from wiki and random surfing I see as being potential very harmful. But not through cannabis just violence and the corruption caused by money.

Salutations everyone,

This is only meant as a short note simply to mention that the "rumahdijual" link in the "Vapourisers - Design Types Risks" section of the following WiKi page is obsolete:

http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Cannabis

67.gif

Salutations Vaya,

Noted and removed! Thank you!!

It's a pleasure and a privilege if/when i can make any useful contribution(s)!!

emo31.gif

Also, if i may, i've noticed the empty section's name happens to be titled "Design Types Risks" and i can tell you there can be quite some "animated" controversies in the vaporist world over such a topic... Controversy isn't garanteed to benefit the end consumers though, at least it's even far from it i'd think! With that in mind i see via the WiKi an opportunity to express this suggestion: in my personal life i'd advise persons dear to me that they'll make me feel less worried by paying some extra attention if/when using rechargeable batteries in a vaporizer. I won't go any further than that, controversy is a thing which can/will go wild and gain a life of its own, etc., so please lets spare our mental sanity for the time being!...

17.gif
109.gif
104.gif

Ah! Ah! Try it if you dare... Right now i don't think i would!!
114.gif
Or maybe i'd do better just by deleting that page!...

32.gif

Anyway. Since Harm Reduction is the common motivation for all BlueLight members, i suppose, i find it's OKay to inform cannabic consumers of healthier alternatives but this also comes with the duty to warn about potential risks, even if an unsignificant amount of incidents has occured, statistically speaking... Etc., etc. You've got the picture by now i'm sure; sorry about it and thanks for caring about vaporisation (since HR is the sole purpose of this consumption method). Etc.

Good day, have fun!

=D

If you'd like to write entries/provide links to the entries you're talking about we'd love to see them!!!