Bluelight

Thread: Hydrocodone/Oxycodone cross-tolerance

1. Collapse Details
    Hydrocodone/Oxycodone cross-tolerance 
    Question
    I am new to opiates and in need of some reliable information which is hard to come by. What is the specific Hydrocodone/Oxycodone cross- tolerance if any? How long does it take to completely reverse tolerance to those opiates? Any other chemicals that may aid in tolerance reversal? If I am to take both chemicals, should I take them separately on different days or simultaneously on the same day to improve the euphoric effects? Does Oxycodone buzz compliment Hydrocodone buzz? Does Cimetidine (Tagamet) actually improve and prolong the hydro/oxy buzz? In other words are they really pro drugs like Codeine that require conversion by the body to be effective, or are they active on their own like Morphine? Original research showed that this conversion was required for an effect, in other words both oxycodone and hydrocodone are inactive on their own but their oxymorhone and hydromorphone counterparts are. New research suggest otherwise stating that oxy and hydro codones have their own effects! WTF? Either way, if Cimetidine slows down the conversion of codones into morphones, does that mean the morphones are completely wasted somehow? Where does it go? There is much conflicting info on the net and I am totally exhausted sifting through it for something conclusive.
    Please, anyone out there with some real knowledge and experience, share it!

2. Collapse Details

There should be quite a few posts on potentiating opiates & equivalent strengths compared to morphine.

Fundamentally though all strong opiates that work mostly thrugh mu-opioid receptors (hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, codeine, methadone, dipanone etc) - tolerance will develop with whichever one used and effect all others.

3. Collapse Details

No need to double post brother. I'd delete this thread and leave the one in Basic Drug Discussion open

4. Collapse Details

i tought DXM and naltrexone prevent a tolerance