• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

D-Phenylalanine?

The Hoff Bomb

Bluelighter
What is this chemical? I picked up a "Speed shot" from GNC and its the main chem. Is it like amphetamine or some phenethylamine... Move this thread if its not advanced enuf

No. It's an amino acid. I imagine it has it's uses, but, "speed shot?" That's BS.

D-phenylalanine has quite different effects to L-phenylalanine apparantly. People who sell it say that it can be used for treating depression, chronic pain and opiate withdrawal because it inhibits enzymes that break down enkephalins, whether it actually has this effect in vivo is hard to say.

Well the D isomer will fit into the active site, but not allow the protein to change conformation (how enzymes do their stuff), so technically that describes a competetive inhibitor. Weak maybe, but active none the less

Splatt said:
You can try make meth from it :p

Rots a ruck, Astro.

By the time you factor in the BS involved turning that third carbon out from the ring to a methyl group, it turns out not to be worth it even if the phenylalanine was free.

f&b, do you know what the required concentration/dose would be? I find it implausible that it is strong enough, shouldn't it be addictive then? (Well, maybe it actually is, don't know)

I also read that it is converted to PEA, which is relevant if you are taking selegiline.

I just read that D-Phenylalanine is an enkephalinase inhibitor and:

"It is suggested that morphine-resistant rats have a congenital and morphine-tolerant rats an acquired high level of enkephalinase activity which blocked the morphine analgetic action."

Almost every article I could find was on D-Phenylalanine analgesia.

>>
By the time you factor in the BS involved turning that third carbon out from the ring to a methyl group, it turns out not to be worth it even if the phenylalanine was free.>>

really?
I recall seeing a d-amp synth using d-phenylalanine as the principle precursor.
It coulda been bogus though.

ebola

ebola? said:
>>
By the time you factor in the BS involved turning that third carbon out from the ring to a methyl group, it turns out not to be worth it even if the phenylalanine was free.>>

really?
I recall seeing a d-amp synth using d-phenylalanine as the principle precursor.
It coulda been bogus though.

ebola

indeed the reduction of phenylalanine through phenylalaninol gives amphetamine, and by using chiral amino acid chiral amphetamine results. modifications of this basic process were used in the original paper to give methamphetamine instead of amphetamine.

this thread does seem to have degenerated into the discussion of methods of (meth)amphetamine production, can someone steer it in a more advanced direction? if it doesn't then I think it is dead.

ok, i try.
i stumbled upon N-Acetyl Tyrosine recently as a replacement for it's nor counterpart. it is praised as more bioavailable and therefore better.
does this have to do with it being less polar?
is it a convenient nutritional alternative to plain tyrosine?

^ It's an essential amino acid - if it did, then everyone would test positive for amphetamines!

ok i understand but the fact the body doesn't produces it itself added to my suspection, but yeah iv'e been just paranoid...:) tnx

You can make DMT,DET,DPT, alpha-MT, alpha-ET from it, but it's a bit of a fuck around;

-Decarboxylate with cyclohexane (with cyclohexene as cayalyst) to make tryptamine.
-alkylate with appropriate alkyl halide OR form imine & add alkyl nitrate. Then reduce.

just bought a bottle of mixed L & D isomers & took one gram
what can i say i really notice some kind of freshness & mood improvement, & something like natural energy boost & kinda general natural nice feeling from it

took it with b vitamins complex

I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff. Its quite effective, similar to tyrosine. I prefer the DL mixture as the D form has been shown to also provide pain relief by affecting endorphin breakdown.

A good use of phenylalanine is to help replace neurotransmitters depleted from stimulant (ab)use.

For a more immediate effect, the contents of a capsule can be absorbed sublingually, but it might be best to start with half a capsule first.

^it's actually very effective! actually i felt the same sensations in the body & mind like while being high on methcathinone or a low dose cocaine or something, but of course without any chemical or substance related feelings... you might think i'm crazy, but i even didn't expected to feel this kind of effect, & no, i havent seek a high from it.
it's also increased my anxiety a bit (to a tolerable level..) & i didn't slept well at night after consuming one gram (first time) at afternoon. i haven't trouble to fall asleep, but didn't slept deep at all...

ou can make DMT,DET,DPT, alpha-MT, alpha-ET from it, but it's a bit of a fuck around;

-Decarboxylate with cyclohexane (with cyclohexene as cayalyst) to make tryptamine.
-alkylate with appropriate alkyl halide OR form imine & add alkyl nitrate. Then reduce.

You're fucking kidding, right? cyclohexene as a catalyst? Are you sure you dont meant cyclohexanone?

I think youve got tryptamines and phenethylamines mixed up also...

"... OR form imine & add alkyl nitrate. Then reduce."

That part barely makes sense.. form an imine and add alkyl nitrate? Why would you add something like nitromethane if youve already formed an imine?

Sheesh.. im beginning to understand why this place doesnt allow synthesis discussion.

fastandbulbous said:
Well the D isomer will fit into the active site, but not allow the protein to change conformation (how enzymes do their stuff), so technically that describes a competetive inhibitor. Weak maybe, but active none the less

what enzyme does the D isomer of phenylalanine competitively inhibit?