• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

D-Phenylalanine?

Acyl: That method sucks.
Oxidative decarboxylation of tryptophan to yield the nitrile with TCCA. Easy hydrogenation to the amine. Then reductive amination with formic acid & formaldehyde to yield DMT (in-situ formation of imine and reduction to alkylated amine from formic acid as hydride source).

What method? the one haribo posted? That isnt even a method... thats a waste of time.

Whats TCCA? Ive never heard of it. Its an oxidative decarboxylation, yet it reduces the aminogroup to a nitrile?

As for the DMT- the first alkylation would proceed smoothly, the second may be a bit problematic. If it completes under those conditions youd end up with an enamine after the second step, that would need reduction via H2 over a pd/C catalyst. Unless youve got a source for that? I dont think it would work without the pd/C reduction

Bump

Excuse me if any of the answers to my questions are obvious, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

-I'm looking to improve overall mood/sense of well being. (Not interested in it for the pain reduction). I tend to be a rather anxious person, so I'm not sure taking the Levo isomer would be a good idea.

--Has anyone noticed an improvement in mood/sense of well being from taking just the D isomer?

--If "endorphins" act like the body's "natural opiates" do they still have the same negative suppressive effect on Test and Luteinizing Hormone like other opiates?

Totally unrelated, but how bored do you have to be to synthesize DMT? You can order MHRB for a few bucks by the bagful. DET/AET, though...

I'm looking to improve overall mood/sense of well being.
Cannabis.
I tend to be a rather anxious person
Go skydiving/paragliding/rock climbing/Outward Bound/DMT. I think you'll find it helps, Outward Bound especially.

Totally unrelated, but how bored do you have to be to synthesize DMT? You can order MHRB for a few bucks by the bagful. DET/AET, though...

Cannabis.

Go skydiving/paragliding/rock climbing/Outward Bound/DMT. I think you'll find it helps, Outward Bound especially.

Cannabis causes panic. No income for Outward Bound.

Just looking for answers to my D-phen concerns really.