Bluelight

Thread: D-Phenylalanine?

1. Collapse Details
    D-Phenylalanine? 
    What is this chemical? I picked up a "Speed shot" from GNC and its the main chem. Is it like amphetamine or some phenethylamine... Move this thread if its not advanced enuf

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    No. It's an amino acid. I imagine it has it's uses, but, "speed shot?" That's BS.

3. Collapse Details

D-phenylalanine has quite different effects to L-phenylalanine apparantly. People who sell it say that it can be used for treating depression, chronic pain and opiate withdrawal because it inhibits enzymes that break down enkephalins, whether it actually has this effect in vivo is hard to say.

4. Collapse Details

Well the D isomer will fit into the active site, but not allow the protein to change conformation (how enzymes do their stuff), so technically that describes a competetive inhibitor. Weak maybe, but active none the less

5. Collapse Details

You can try make meth from it

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt
    You can try make meth from it
    Rots a ruck, Astro.

By the time you factor in the BS involved turning that third carbon out from the ring to a methyl group, it turns out not to be worth it even if the phenylalanine was free.

7. Collapse Details

f&b, do you know what the required concentration/dose would be? I find it implausible that it is strong enough, shouldn't it be addictive then? (Well, maybe it actually is, don't know)

I also read that it is converted to PEA, which is relevant if you are taking selegiline.

8. Collapse Details

I just read that D-Phenylalanine is an enkephalinase inhibitor and:

"It is suggested that morphine-resistant rats have a congenital and morphine-tolerant rats an acquired high level of enkephalinase activity which blocked the morphine analgetic action."

Almost every article I could find was on D-Phenylalanine analgesia.

9. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    >>
    By the time you factor in the BS involved turning that third carbon out from the ring to a methyl group, it turns out not to be worth it even if the phenylalanine was free.>>

really?
    I recall seeing a d-amp synth using d-phenylalanine as the principle precursor.
    It coulda been bogus though.

ebola

Getting high? RTFM: Bluelight Drug FAQs | Bluelight WIKI

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ebola?
    >>
    By the time you factor in the BS involved turning that third carbon out from the ring to a methyl group, it turns out not to be worth it even if the phenylalanine was free.>>

really?
    I recall seeing a d-amp synth using d-phenylalanine as the principle precursor.
    It coulda been bogus though.

ebola
    indeed the reduction of phenylalanine through phenylalaninol gives amphetamine, and by using chiral amino acid chiral amphetamine results. modifications of this basic process were used in the original paper to give methamphetamine instead of amphetamine.

this thread does seem to have degenerated into the discussion of methods of (meth)amphetamine production, can someone steer it in a more advanced direction? if it doesn't then I think it is dead.

11. Collapse Details

ok, i try.
    i stumbled upon N-Acetyl Tyrosine recently as a replacement for it's nor counterpart. it is praised as more bioavailable and therefore better.
    does this have to do with it being less polar?
    is it a convenient nutritional alternative to plain tyrosine?

12. Collapse Details

isn't it similar inuff in strucute to amphetamine to show up on a drug test? is it?

13. Collapse Details

^ It's an essential amino acid - if it did, then everyone would test positive for amphetamines!

14. Collapse Details

ok i understand but the fact the body doesn't produces it itself added to my suspection, but yeah iv'e been just paranoid... tnx

15. Collapse Details

You can make DMT,DET,DPT, alpha-MT, alpha-ET from it, but it's a bit of a fuck around;

-Decarboxylate with cyclohexane (with cyclohexene as cayalyst) to make tryptamine.
    -alkylate with appropriate alkyl halide OR form imine & add alkyl nitrate. Then reduce.

16. Collapse Details

just bought a bottle of mixed L & D isomers & took one gram
    what can i say i really notice some kind of freshness & mood improvement, & something like natural energy boost & kinda general natural nice feeling from it

took it with b vitamins complex

17. Collapse Details

I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff. Its quite effective, similar to tyrosine. I prefer the DL mixture as the D form has been shown to also provide pain relief by affecting endorphin breakdown.

A good use of phenylalanine is to help replace neurotransmitters depleted from stimulant (ab)use.

For a more immediate effect, the contents of a capsule can be absorbed sublingually, but it might be best to start with half a capsule first.

18. Collapse Details

^it's actually very effective! actually i felt the same sensations in the body & mind like while being high on methcathinone or a low dose cocaine or something, but of course without any chemical or substance related feelings... you might think i'm crazy, but i even didn't expected to feel this kind of effect, & no, i havent seek a high from it.
    it's also increased my anxiety a bit (to a tolerable level..) & i didn't slept well at night after consuming one gram (first time) at afternoon. i haven't trouble to fall asleep, but didn't slept deep at all...

19. Collapse Details

ou can make DMT,DET,DPT, alpha-MT, alpha-ET from it, but it's a bit of a fuck around;

-Decarboxylate with cyclohexane (with cyclohexene as cayalyst) to make tryptamine.
    -alkylate with appropriate alkyl halide OR form imine & add alkyl nitrate. Then reduce.
    You're fucking kidding, right? cyclohexene as a catalyst? Are you sure you dont meant cyclohexanone?

I think youve got tryptamines and phenethylamines mixed up also...

"... OR form imine & add alkyl nitrate. Then reduce."

That part barely makes sense.. form an imine and add alkyl nitrate? Why would you add something like nitromethane if youve already formed an imine?

Sheesh.. im beginning to understand why this place doesnt allow synthesis discussion.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fastandbulbous
    Well the D isomer will fit into the active site, but not allow the protein to change conformation (how enzymes do their stuff), so technically that describes a competetive inhibitor. Weak maybe, but active none the less
    what enzyme does the D isomer of phenylalanine competitively inhibit?

21. Collapse Details

Acyl: That method sucks.
    Oxidative decarboxylation of tryptophan to yield the nitrile with TCCA. Easy hydrogenation to the amine. Then reductive amination with formic acid & formaldehyde to yield DMT (in-situ formation of imine and reduction to alkylated amine from formic acid as hydride source).

22. Collapse Details

What method? the one haribo posted? That isnt even a method... thats a waste of time.

Whats TCCA? Ive never heard of it. Its an oxidative decarboxylation, yet it reduces the aminogroup to a nitrile?

As for the DMT- the first alkylation would proceed smoothly, the second may be a bit problematic. If it completes under those conditions youd end up with an enamine after the second step, that would need reduction via H2 over a pd/C catalyst. Unless youve got a source for that? I dont think it would work without the pd/C reduction

23. Collapse Details

Bump

Excuse me if any of the answers to my questions are obvious, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

-I'm looking to improve overall mood/sense of well being. (Not interested in it for the pain reduction). I tend to be a rather anxious person, so I'm not sure taking the Levo isomer would be a good idea.

--Has anyone noticed an improvement in mood/sense of well being from taking just the D isomer?

--If "endorphins" act like the body's "natural opiates" do they still have the same negative suppressive effect on Test and Luteinizing Hormone like other opiates?

24. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
    Totally unrelated, but how bored do you have to be to synthesize DMT? You can order MHRB for a few bucks by the bagful. DET/AET, though...

I'm looking to improve overall mood/sense of well being.
    Cannabis.
    I tend to be a rather anxious person
    Go skydiving/paragliding/rock climbing/Outward Bound/DMT. I think you'll find it helps, Outward Bound especially.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by atara View Post
    Totally unrelated, but how bored do you have to be to synthesize DMT? You can order MHRB for a few bucks by the bagful. DET/AET, though...

Cannabis.

Go skydiving/paragliding/rock climbing/Outward Bound/DMT. I think you'll find it helps, Outward Bound especially.
    Cannabis causes panic. No income for Outward Bound.

Just looking for answers to my D-phen concerns really.