• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Mescaline vs. LSD

Which do you like better: mescaline or LSD?

• mescaline

Votes: 95 31.7%
  • LSD

Votes: 121 40.3%
  • no preference

Votes: 84 28.0%

• Total voters
anybody ever had sex on cacti!? goodness.... :)

The body felt incredible. I was accessing a much higher amount of the sensorial data entering my brain than normal. I could feel the mucus in my sinuses, the different textures of all the sheets on my bed. It was a body-trip. The air tasted like sweet vanilla. I was hallucinating all sorts of pleasant tastes and smells. I had the best sex ever. In the height of it I told my girlfriend that she tasted like the rainforest and smelled like an angel. Mescaline and sex were made for each other. Just kissing was as intense as most orgasms.

For the next three hours we just layed around in bed. I wasn't getting the sort of profound, optimistic thoughts that I do on psilocybin, I was just a lazy bastard, stretching, rolling around, grinning a non-stop smile, totally without reservation, completely happy.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=39489

mescaline. but yeah- you can definitely have a bad trip on it. it intensifies your emotions to where you can barely control them. you could be laughing your ass off one second then absolutely horrified the next. depends on setting and all that as err-one knows.

I prefer LSD over mescaline containing cacti.

But I'd love to try synthetic mescaline one day

I have had the best acid around, and still prefer mescaline. Mescaline has a magic to it that LSD simply lacks. The one time I had mescaline I took it with a friend of mine while camping in the mountains. We also muched some brownies, one just before the tea and one halfway through the trip. Mescaline is much more up and down than any other psychedelic I've tried, but very smooth all the way through. There were times when I was nearly asleep in a trance and then a few minutes later I'd be up roaming the woods again under the full moon, but there were never those uncomfortable body rushes that LSD has for me. LSD is sometimes chaotic and confusing for me, but rarely overwhelming. Mescaline was overwhelming in a magical and peaceful way. As far as visuals, LSD takes the cake. Everything seems more illuminated on mescaline. It is probably the biggest head trip i've tried, which makes it the most appealing to me. The only experiences that have compared to mescaline was the first time I tried fresh mushrooms, or my latest experience with crystaline MDMA and mushrooms.

I've done mushrooms and LSD and mushrooms hands down have been more intense in my experience. Acid was like a well oiled machine and wasn't as taxing on my psyche. It was still good for introspection just not on the mass ego beating scale that psilocybin is. Still I would like to have some more experience with LSD.

I dont know that i really have a preferance although i have much more experience with mescaline. It is just so much easier to deal with. i have never had any fear or panic or confusion like i can get from lsd. those who said mesc aint too visual i just cant relate with, it is by far the most visual psychedellic i have ever experienced. also i can handle anything while on it parties, solitude, music, silence, anything but violence; had to break up a fight once and had so much empathy to have to be physically involved was earth-shattering. as always, mind your environment. a good 2.5 feet of cactus and a blue internet explorer is one of the best combos i have ever experienced, i highly reccomend it, have some lights on hand too, thats my only regret.

Unfortunately, I have only tried both at threshold doses. (one decent hit of LSD, Inner green flesh of a 6 inche Pedro)

BUT, they were quite noticeably different, and I don't agree that even at low doses the two could be confused. I definitely think that my LSD experience was a bit stronger all in all, but the feeling I got even from what I thought would be a measly bit of cactus was surprisingly great. Mild flowing of the floors, and walls, a relaxed loving feeling. I enjoyed talking to my mother more than usually. Yeah it was great.

My LSD experience though was a lot more happening, though, psychologically it was just a trip even for how light it really felt. I didn't connect with nature so much as analyzed it, and observed it in awe.

Both are awesome chemicals. LSD I think is a worthy manifestation of all that is good with mankind, and Mescaline is there to remind us that we have such a long way to go, still.

I cannot say one is better.

On a side note: I experienced no nausea at all from a bowl full of raw cactus. It didn't taste spectacular, but really those of you saying you aren't interested due to the nausea; shame on you!

Mescaline nausea is a drop in the bucket compared to alcohol, DXM, LSA, etc.

Some day, I hope to do this:

Eat the inner green flesh of a foot of San Pedro
Eat an eighth of decent cubensis
150 Micro's of LSD
and one roll of very decent MDMA

They don't even have a name for that one. %)

I have had mescaline from san pedro juice a couple times and LSD a dozen or more. As far as flat out tripping. I have found LSD to be more suitable because it is cheaper to trip on, and much easier to take a higher dose if so desired. It was a very pleasant experience. I think it may definately have a positive body high/shift in mid set. Could be placebo, but perhaps not. I just picked up a little 10 inch potted San Pedro at Lols today for $5. They are actually great ornamental cacti aside from their psychadellic properties.

^Replace the MDMA with 2c-i/e and you would have the breakfast of the champions.

Ive found the two to be very similar in the head space they provide.

400mg of extract reminded me quite a bit of 2-3 hits of acid.

The difference mainly was in how long mescaline took to come up and the horrible nausea i experienced for the first 3 or so hours.

After that, once the peak hits, its like LSD but with a clearer head.

Mescaline was one of the few psychdedleics i found it easy to socialize on while peaking.
I even wanted to talk to people.

At higher doses of both im sure the differences are more apparent.

DOOOOOH ! I'D SELL MY MUM FOR MESCALINE

I love soooooo much LSD, but where I live it's impossible to find cacti/mesca :(
and I heard a lots of good stuff about it...

anyways if I get bored one day of LSD ( not for now, it has still a lot to offer) Ill try other psychedelics like mushrooms, cacti, ayahuasca

In purely psychedelic terms I find LSD to be impossible to surpass and even synthetic mescaline cannot do that but add to it the factor entheogenesis, empathogenesis and entactogenesis and mescaline is suddenly special enough to win the contest.

For really good and deep therapy to make contact with myself I would choose mescaline as number one any day of the week, but intellectually I find acid to be the best 'trip'. It's so insanely promiscuous in receptor activity while having that in excellent balance - at least subjectively it seems to be the result - that I find it hard to believe there could be anything that is better all-round.
But many other psychedelics have a sort of 'specialty': they can be less all-round win, but still produce a specific kind of quality that makes up for that.

In purely psychedelic terms I find LSD to be impossible to surpass and even synthetic mescaline cannot do that but add to it the factor entheogenesis, empathogenesis and entactogenesis and mescaline is suddenly special enough to win the contest.

For really good and deep therapy to make contact with myself I would choose mescaline as number one any day of the week, but intellectually I find acid to be the best 'trip'. It's so insanely promiscuous in receptor activity while having that in excellent balance - at least subjectively it seems to be the result - that I find it hard to believe there could be anything that is better all-round.
But many other psychedelics have a sort of 'specialty': they can be less all-round win, but still produce a specific kind of quality that makes up for that.
What an eloquent post. I feel the same way with the exception being that I haven't tried synthetic mescaline.

Thank you, it's such a shame that the qualitative value of at least a handful drugs is inversely proportional to their accessability - haha damnit what I mean is the best stuff is the hardest to get, or even prepare (in this case from cacti).

TBH, it's not that much labor to do an a/b on cactus. If you know how to safely handle the chemicals, it's not much more difficult than baking a cake :)

If you honestly think mescaline is boring and or weak then you obviously have not taken enough. Mescaline can be way more life changing and rewarding then lsd.

Lol I feel bad for all you who have to pay for your cactus. There is a lot of san pedro growing on people's lawns here in my nieborhood. Thank god I live in Arizona the cactus state.