• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Mescaline vs. LSD

Which do you like better: mescaline or LSD?

• mescaline

Votes: 95 31.7%
  • LSD

Votes: 121 40.3%
  • no preference

Votes: 84 28.0%

• Total voters
Ptah said:
Dunno really as I've only done mescaline once, and it's impossible to get more.
Really enjoyed the trip itself.
I had difficulty sleeping afterwards, worse than with LSD.

I never understood why people actually do try to sleep after a trip...it's hopeless. I've taken benedryl after a trip and it helped me sleep, but not immediately after.

I really wanna try mescaline, I doubt it can take the place of LSD in my heart though. LSD, for me, is just complete and utter bliss.

I feel like mescaline is much more calm and interconnected and less calculating than LSD. I always feel at peace with things, the world, people around me. I also think the visuals are stunning, LSD visuals are more erratic and geometric while mescaline is more fractal and curvy- plants weave into each other, colors are ++++++... the world turns paisley if you take a lot of it...

so yeah, mescaline.. although either is good :)

Taken mescaline under ten times, have yet to try LSD, but it is there and waiting for me when I'm ready. I've looked for it for years, finally found it, and haven't been in the right mindset to try it for months now. After reading all this I think I'm glad I met mesc first, someone else said it in this thread. Mescaline is God. I definitely look at it as a gift from God, hiding out there for us to find and learn from.

I tried mescaline once, however, it was at a very low dose. While it is tough to know the absolute dose as the cactus ended up yielding a load of sludge (it looked like that green TV slime) rather than fine powder, I would ballpark it at a bit less than 100mg (which was then potentiated with 150mg meclobemide). At this dose, it was nothing compared to LSD. It was more akin to naked lysergamide--a very relaxing, mentally upbeat, physically annoying experience. Visuals were light, although I could definitely tell my conscious state was 'altered.' Nausea was present, which really brought down the experience in my opinion. Myorelaxation was fairly intense (I felt a little velcroed to the rug, although not as bad as with DMT). The next day was quite enjoyable, with a significant afterglow similar in character to the aftermath of a psilocin mushroom trip.

It just wasn't as good as LSD, though. I love the utter translucency of LSD--the fact that it is so free of peripheral sides allows it to perfectly "overlay" perception without interfering with cognitive function (at least for me, I know that not everyone has this reaction). With mescaline, I felt "intoxicated," both physically and psychically--everything in the world seemed softer, with lots of HDR-like diffuse lighting. Whereas with LSD, I feel "crystalline," with everything appearing sharper and more "high resolution" if that makes any sense. I guess I also appreciate the stimulant-like "metallic edge" of LSD that people speak about above.

I think a lot of people here would love to try mesc, including me.. I might buy some cactus as I doubt I'm ever going to find synthetic mescaline..

lsd has taken me to new that places mescaline never could , just the fact that i can dose so high with cid makes the difference . whenever ive gone above 1000 mgs of sulphate ive gotten real sick to my tummy . And Even with high doses of acid it will cause those problems for an hour or two but then your free and clear in bliss . Im not saying i dont like peyote or pure powder or whatever it is your taking I feel every drug has its purpose . I just prefer lsd myself .

I want to do mescaline pretty badly. When i find myself some San Pedro I'll def do an extraction. Its true that you don't get nausea when you only extract the alkaloids right?

Even synthetic mescaline will induce nausea.

It's really not that bad.

all psychedelics make me nauseous :(

that said... I am truly truly excited about taking mescaline after reading this thread!! I have not tried it before and I have to say that the idea of something being more rewarding (and everything else positive that was said here) than LSD makes me giddy... Im sure I will be trying it very very soon <3

Love to all of you that described it so beautifully, I specifically found DMTurners post to be really insightful.

I have a question, that is kind of related to this thread. What phenethylamine is closest to mescaline in effects? Other than mescaline itself of course. I've never had mescaline or cactus and I'm curious how it compares. My guess would be it would be most similar to one of 2c-e, 2c-d, 2c-t-7, 2c-t-2, proscaline, or escaline. Anyone have any thoughts about this or comparisons between theses phens and mescaline?

Doing an A/B extraction on san pedro and getting the alkaloids out doesn't cause anything like the nausea of drinking the snot. In fact I don't get any nausea at all from the alkaloids.