• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

heroin withdrawal compared to oc withdrawal

psilocyb3n

Bluelighter
anyone care to share how much worse would the withdrawals from a few bags of extremely potent dope from newark (some purest in the states from what ive heard, junkies i know dont even cook it before shooting and have never had a problem) a day would be compare to snorting 2 oc 80s a day for a few weeks?

Taking into account equivalent doses of oxycodone and heroin, the oxycodone withdrawal is going to be more severe, but shorter acting. The heroin withdrawal is going to be slightly less severe, but more drawn out. This is due to heroin's longer half life.

I'm not from your area, but I've heard from those in your area that 160mg of OC is about equal to 3 bags of dope.

Anyway, if you're thinking of trading addictions, don't do it. An oxy addiction seems to be easier to maintain than a heroin addiction, since generally the people you're buying the pills off aren't slangin' on a street corner in the ghetto some where. More much risk of encountering law enforcement when dealing with heroin IMO.

~CTdopeLove

^
Good point about the difference between most heroin and OC dealers. Although, that's not always the case. I've met quite a few people that sling them on corners, especially in an area here called "Pill Hill."

Also, a lot of people that make the switch from oxy to heroin end up worse overall. That's pretty much due to the fact that heroin is a lot cheaper on average and could be easily shot.

CTdopeLove said:
This is due to heroin's longer half life.

that is incorrect. the half life of oxycodone is 3 to 4.5 hours. the half life of heroin is 2 to 3 hours. this is one of the main reasons why heroin is "more addictive" than oxycodone. because of the shorter half life of heroin, users must take heroin more often to avoid withdrawls, thus causing them to develope tolerance more rapidly than if they were using oxycodone.

got beans? said:
that is incorrect. the half life of oxycodone is 3 to 4.5 hours. the half life of heroin is 2 to 3 hours. this is one of the main reasons why heroin is "more addictive" than oxycodone. because of the shorter half life of heroin, users must take heroin more often to avoid withdrawls, thus causing them to develope tolerance more rapidly than if they were using oxycodone.

Actually, heroin's half life is measured in minutes. Morphine and 6 acetylmorphine's are its main metabolites. Out of those, morphine has the longest half life.

Heroin withdrawal is essentially morphine withdrawal.

yes...."pill hill" mmmmmmmm....you must be kickin it in the bay area bro :)
nice spot

which bay? San Fran

lol. If so I've never heard of pill hill, but would imagine it's on one of the massive hills in the city.

What? No, I'm not even close to San Francisco. I'm on the right coast.

I guess there are "Pill Hills" in other cities as well.

Sorry, I stand corrected. The length of heroin withdrawal in relation to oxycodone withdrawal apparently isn't due to their half life, I was simply speculating. But from my own personal experience, and the experience of friends, oxycodone withdrawal is indeed shorter but more intense than heroin withdrawal, which is shorter but more intense than methadone withdrawal.

~CTdopeLove

Heroin withdrawal is essentially morphine withdrawal

Yeah, but I think a bit worse because of the rapid delivery over the BBB. Higher concentrations in the cns and the psychological component of the IV rush.

edarrin said:
Yeah, but I think a bit worse because of the rapid delivery over the BBB. Higher concentrations in the cns and the psychological component of the IV rush.

I agree with that. I have never gone through morphine withdrawal though. I'd be interesting if someone here could compare iv morphine withdrawal to iv heroin withdrawal... (at equigesic doses if possible)

I had morphine withdrawals (iv), Dilaudid(powdered) and a really nasty china withdrawal. All iv'd. The morpheus and diesel were the worst, but surprisingly similar, although the diesel was slightly shorter but def not as intense as morpheus. I feel like the morpheus may have been worse because it was from hospital use bottles, and was a consistant purity, where as the diesel was slightly cut from bag to bag. I could be using Bush logic though. Hope this helps. Oh, and the powder D was the finest, most euphoric dope I have ever had the pleasure (and pain) of shooting.

i havent really experienced a hardcore withdrawal from Oc, but from what ive heard on this board and others, a lot of people consider it worse in some ways than heroin. i think the general consensus if there is one, is that oc has much worse pains and depression and the heroin withdrawal has much worse stomach problems and sleeping problems. other than that i imagine they're both just as shitty. again this is in no way authoritative, i'm just summarizing what i've read.

I've had the pleasure/pain of w/d'ing from fent and oxy and hydro, oxy sucked it was bad, not much sleep, sweating like crazy, no energy, teary eyes, chills/hot flashes. Hydro wasn't fun either, a lot like OC but not as bad(although my hydro habbit was quite smaller then my OC) then the absoulute worst fentryal, for a couple reason it didn't last as long as the other withdrawls but it was hell. That and I had A LOT of it and I used to dose a couple times a day, never had a H w/d but I sure I will at some point:X

heroin or even jsut palin old morphine wd BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF PUSSY ASS OC WD.
not to say oxy wd isnt a bitch, because it is. but you jsut can NOT compare something like heroin, to something like oxy. thats fuckign rediculous. oxy is like m and ms compared to heroin.
trust me the wd is MUCH worse. infact the wd from hydro is worse than an oxy wd. infact, i thought the wd from tramadol was WAYYYYYYYYYYY fucking worse than any oc wd. tramadol wd is hell it feels like your coming off a high dose of oxy and an snri all at once. fuck that shit.

haha, i just thought i had to throw that out here, to show how different it can be:

The scag dealer that i used to hook up with was one of the higher class buisnessmans (black), wearing a Tuxedo and driving a BMW, doing house-delivery for his regulars. He seemed like what i would call a really respectable guy. You gave him a call, he did not drop whatever he was doing, but he told you he could be there in like 2 hours or so, if that would be okay for you. If you said yes, he was there in 2 hours, never a second late, always friendly and a gentleman when it came to owing money.
The day i told him i wanna get clean he stopped selling me, not like the other usuals, and offered me 4mg subs for 2$ a piece or methadone for free.

All OC dealers i have ever met though, were shady people, standing at the corner, and you never knew where to find them. They never answered their cell phone either.

i have kicked both oxycontin and heroin ands without a doubt heroin withdrawal is much worse...oxycontin withdrawal wasnt fun by any means, insomnia, restlessness, depression, tiredness but it didnt that severe whereas when i kicked heroin, i was in hell...runny nose, legs kicking straight out of hell, back is killing you, have to piss every 10 seconds yet you are so sick and tired you can barely make it to bathroom thus you find empty gallon jug and put it next to bed....everything smells literally, even the finest foods stink like shit, cant drink water because its nasty, every cell in your body is screaming for dope...you are so restless that you cannot lay in bed for long, yet when you get up you cant stand for too long because you are so weak and sick to your stomach...fuck, heroin sickness is the worst...

Which is, as got beans? correctly noted, due to heroin/moprhine's shorter half-life as compared to a lot of other opiates (/opioids) like oxycodone.