• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

heroin withdrawal compared to oc withdrawal

Although I must say it's strange that fentanyl's got a longer 7 hour half-life while it's withdrawals TOTALLY own heroin withdrawals--stronger and... wait, last just as long?
Why is that fent w/d and heroin w/d last roughly the same amount of days, despite the former having more than twice the half-life of the former? Everything here seems a little messed up.

phrozen said:
I agree with that. I have never gone through morphine withdrawal though. I'd be interesting if someone here could compare iv morphine withdrawal to iv heroin withdrawal... (at equigesic doses if possible)

i only can compare oral morphine withdrawal to intranasal heroin withdrawal, & they were preety damn same. one thing i'm sure about is the morphine withdrawal was in no way less intence, & lasted at least as long. and the both felt really similar. back obn the day (when i used) i was even impressed the morphine's is even more unpleasant...

klowns said:
heroin or even jsut palin old morphine wd BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF PUSSY ASS OC WD.
not to say oxy wd isnt a bitch, because it is. but you jsut can NOT compare something like heroin, to something like oxy. thats fuckign rediculous. oxy is like m and ms compared to heroin.
trust me the wd is MUCH worse. infact the wd from hydro is worse than an oxy wd. infact, i thought the wd from tramadol was WAYYYYYYYYYYY fucking worse than any oc wd. tramadol wd is hell it feels like your coming off a high dose of oxy and an snri all at once. fuck that shit.
Tramadol withdrawal is pretty bad when you've been on it long term. I've never had the 'pleasure' of Heroin or morphine withdrawal. Everyone: don't underestimate tramadol!

rave23 said:
The scag dealer that i used to hook up with was one of the higher class buisnessmans (black), wearing a Tuxedo and driving a BMW, doing house-delivery for his regulars. He seemed like what i would call a really respectable guy. You gave him a call, he did not drop whatever he was doing, but he told you he could be there in like 2 hours or so, if that would be okay for you. If you said yes, he was there in 2 hours, never a second late, always friendly and a gentleman when it came to owing money.
The day i told him i wanna get clean he stopped selling me, not like the other usuals, and offered me 4mg subs for 2$ a piece or methadone for free.
r.

Fukin LOL to that... i don't think i've ever heard of such a generous H dealer... so are you off opiates now?

How do you guys compare Opana (oxymorphone) withdrawal to those? I IV'd the Opana IR (10mg tabs) starting at doses of 2-3mg (already had tolerance to Dilaudid IV) and at my peak was doing 20-30mg oxymorphone IV a day, usually 3 shots of 10mg a piece. Biggest shot I ever did was 20mg at once. Felt like heaven on earth.

Haven't IV'd it in about a month now, but I did have a bottle of 100 Opana ER 40mg that I used intranasally. I would do 40mg a day or so, divided into 2 5mg lines at a time. I recently exhausted my supply, and although I have some Percocet (had a corneal abrasion; doc said my eye looks like sandpaper) and some Norco's, but haven't taken more than 20mg Hydrocone and/or 10mg Oxycodone a day. The worst thing that I've felt so far was really bad leg cramping in the middle of the night, 30ish hours after my last Opana ER use. To give another idea of my tolerance, I would inject 24-36mg hydromorphone at a time, just to get a rush. No nod, at least not a good, unmanageable one. Also could do between 100-300mg morphine IV (depending on source).

I'm tapering with the Norco and Percocet, but that'll be over in about 5 days. How bad is this gonna be? Granted, I did get my Opana use down a lot before I ran out (40mg intranasal = 15mg IV, but the ER was used over the course of the day).

phatass said:
Fukin LOL to that... i don't think i've ever heard of such a generous H dealer... so are you off opiates now?

For now 8)...
No i am clean since my tiny relapse on the 6th this month. Haven't touched any opiates. But i surely have thought about it A LOT! Oh well...

I have to say, that dealer was more of a dude i met through my normal street dealer, and i was gratefully accepted on his list of customers after recommendation from some other guy. Basically, he was selling dope to all the small-fish street dealers, and i was on his route anyway, so he stopped by whenever he was comming around and i asked him to. The tuxedo wasn't a tux as in MIB though. More like one of these 250$ suites you see some people wearing. Neat clothing so to speak. And his BMW was like 20 years old! But still, a respectable guy. He had his ethics, and never once let me down. Maybe in that post i was giving you the impression that he was some stereotype-tux-wearing-black-suitcase dude, no, sorry, he wasn't ;)

But it was true that he offered me methadone for free... But what is that good for if you wanna get clean?

Fent and H are the worst, mass for mass (assumed on the same time basis).

I_Stay_Dead said:
Tramadol withdrawal is pretty bad when you've been on it long term. I've never had the 'pleasure' of Heroin or morphine withdrawal. Everyone: don't underestimate tramadol!

Tis true. I used to do oxycontin and hydrocodone all the time. Then those sources went away. So I took tramadol everyday for like a year or somthing and if you ask me, any type of opiate withdrawl sucks period. That's why some people need methadone or suboxone. :p

Now that ive been taking anti anxiety medications I can say I would rather be addicted to a nice opiate.

Funny how they say "Opiates are bad" "but clonazopam is good"!

But it was true that he offered me methadone for free... But what is that good for if you wanna get clean?[/QUOTE]

Taking it when your withdrawling then just comming off that pil..

lmao =D Have you ever been trough withdrawal? Then you should know that methadone withdrawal is by far worse than a smack withdrawal.
Methadone is great for maintenance, but once you have to get off that, good luck... Read up on some of the storries here on people withdrawing from methadone, and how they wish they could withdraw from heroin!

who the hell drudged this thread up? i remember reading this thread a year ago..LET IT DIE ALREADY!