• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

generic vs brand name vicodin

not exactly a vicodin generic, but a few weeks ago i ran across a few new generic type of percocet, called Magnacet. It contains 10mg oxycodone and 400mg acetaminophen. They are relatively small and almost round, not long and bulky like most.
I only had 3 of them, so I took them all at once. Didn't really feel anything, so I took more of some other stuff I had. But my tolerance is a bit higher than 30mg so thats not really a fair description of that generic. I'm sure I would have enjoyed them much more if I had 5 of them.

vicodin, norco, or lorcet i doesnt matter theyre all hydro formulations... what matters is opioid/apap content

I really like generic vicodin better, besides the cost, it also made me alot less sleepy than regular vicodin, so I could actually enjoy it.

I was told by an anesthesiologist last week, as he prescribed me oxy and percs that there is up to a 20%, + or -, volume of opiate in all generic pills. This was his response to my complaint that the generic oxy's didn't do shit compared to the brand. He then called Purdue "drug dealers". Which is funny cuz that's his job too, but whatever.

There is a difference in generic vs. brand. You have different fillers that may impede or accelerate absorption, you have the actual volume of the drug in the pill.
Its no conspiracy. Coke doesn't taste like Pepsi. Some people prefer Coke over Pepsi. Way of the world.

10mg Vicoden=10mg Lortab= 10mg Lorcet= 10mg generic hydrocodone. There is no difference other than apperance. Its not like comparing a rolex to a knockoff.

sonnyluv said:
I was told by an anesthesiologist last week, as he prescribed me oxy and percs that there is up to a 20%, + or -, volume of opiate in all generic pills. This was his response to my complaint that the generic oxy's didn't do shit compared to the brand. He then called Purdue "drug dealers". Which is funny cuz that's his job too, but whatever.

There is a difference in generic vs. brand. You have different fillers that may impede or accelerate absorption, you have the actual volume of the drug in the pill.
Its no conspiracy. Coke doesn't taste like Pepsi. Some people prefer Coke over Pepsi. Way of the world.

Actually, buddy, its not + or - up to 20%. The generics are allowed up to like .05mg difference (it may be a little more but i know they're allowed nothing more than like a quarter a mg difference off of the original maker. And actually i think its even less than that)

Too many doses said:
10mg Vicoden=10mg Lortab= 10mg Lorcet= 10mg generic hydrocodone. There is no difference other than apperance. Its not like comparing a rolex to a knockoff.

The drug itself, hydrocodone, is the same, but there can be differences in the inert ingredients. So not exactly the same, though I do believe all generics to have identical effects, as they do for me. The only exceptions I could possibly see would be in those with significant anomalies in their body chemistry - if even then.