• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could snort it if you want. Half-life has isn't affected by moa. Duration may be affected by moa, but since we're talking about something with a very long half life, you won't notice it holding you for a shorter amount of time. Snorting will just give you a quicker onset and higher bioavailability.

phrozen said:
You could snort it if you want. Half-life has isn't affected by moa. Duration may be affected by moa, but since we're talking about something with a very long half life, you won't notice it holding you for a shorter amount of time. Snorting will just give you a quicker onset and higher bioavailability.

Thanks for the quick response. I was literally waiting with the pieces of pill in front of me. :)

I don't like the idea the sublingual MOA, especially the way they descibe it on suboxone's website. They make it sound like if you don't do it EXACTLY AS THEY SAY, it won't work and you will waste your bupe. I'll just sniff it thanks, I am a pro at that. ;)

I've been using about 1mg of sub a day for 4 days to kick any oxy habit... It's amazing how good I feel...no W/D at all. I was on 180-240mg oxy a day for a couple yrs. Haven't seen any oxy nor wanted to for the last 4 days. Only had a few sub pills so I gave the low dose thing a shot, and it worked.... xanax helps too...

DJL-Train said:
I've been using about 1mg of sub a day for 4 days to kick any oxy habit... It's amazing how good I feel...no W/D at all. I was on 180-240mg oxy a day for a couple yrs. Haven't seen any oxy nor wanted to for the last 4 days. Only had a few sub pills so I gave the low dose thing a shot, and it worked.... xanax helps too...

The stuff is really a wonder drug for a lot of people. I have a friend who quit a 3-5 bundle a day H habit (sniffing) pretty easily with Suboxone. He told me, "If someone told me earlier that I could have just walked into a clinic and walked out with this stuff (Suboxone), I would have saved $15,000 (the amount he spent on dope)."

If you know how strong .2mg is, imagine quitting a habit of 16-32mg / day.

It really fucks up a month of your life. 2 weeks after quitting your still feelin fatigued and ready for some doctor prescribed "medication"

AnewMan said:

It really fucks up a month of your life. 2 weeks after quitting your still feelin fatigued and ready for some doctor prescribed "medication"

speaking of suboxone, right? so at high doses it's tough to get off of?

SonOF said:
The stuff is really a wonder drug for a lot of people. I have a friend who quit a 3-5 bundle a day H habit (sniffing) pretty easily with Suboxone. He told me, "If someone told me earlier that I could have just walked into a clinic and walked out with this stuff (Suboxone), I would have saved $15,000 (the amount he spent on dope)."

I feel the same way, but instead of saving on dope I'd save on oxy....which ain't cheap.

AnewMan said:

I think their is confusion between people who [group 1] use bupe as their opiate of choice (for reasons I won't understand) and get addicted to it, and [group 2] those who are using bupe to kick a different opiate habit (typically heroin or high doses of oxycodone/hydrocodone).

I, and some of the others sing the praises of this drug when it's used as it's intended (Group 2).

I make no claims about whether or not this is a good drug when used purely for recreation (group 1).

What kind of withdrawals can I expect from subutex? I've been shooting ~2mg a night once a day for a few weeks now.

^ i'd suggest a rapid taper if you're short on bupe. if possible, i'd wait fwe days and then redose (smaller), and so on.. good luck funkee

AnewMan said:

to be honest, i could only imagine coming off of what i was supposed to be taking (24mgs daily ROFL). it's been 80+ hours offf buprenorphine, and if i havent mentioned earlier, i feel just like i did when i did take a dose. the doses were so small, i must have missed days unknowingly, etc etc. i did have an extremely shitty craving today, but logic got the best of me for the moment. at least it's a day won.

also, since my doctor is only willing to get me dependant on anti depressants, pay him to spend ALOT of cash on naltrexone (i hear it's ridiculously expensive, and w/o insurance i dotn even want to imagine), and clonidine (8( 8( 8( ) anyways, i did take 30mg valium today but i'll be able to keep off of them. at least it allows me to get faded without getting the super heeby jeeby anxiety paranoia =p

Someone who uses Suboxone for maintenance can answer this one.

When you dose (even if you don't feel very bad to begin with), do you feel uncomfortable/anxious/chills, etc. for about 30 mins, and then begin the positive effects from bupe(relief from opiate withdrawal, appetite increase, mood lift, etc.)?

Is this common to all users, or something that only I experience? It almost seems as if the drug needs to "level-off." Any clinical explanation for this?

The "uncomformtable/anxious/chills" begin as soon as you dose? Or were they present well before you dosed?

SonOF said:
Someone who uses Suboxone for maintenance can answer this one.

When you dose (even if you don't feel very bad to begin with), do you feel uncomfortable/anxious/chills, etc. for about 30 mins, and then begin the positive effects from bupe(relief from opiate withdrawal, appetite increase, mood lift, etc.)?

Is this common to all users, or something that only I experience? It almost seems as if the drug needs to "level-off." Any clinical explanation for this?

I've never felt that, but usually I take my dose with a little xanax.... plus my dose is very low.

Is there anything anyone wants to add about getting off bupe?

I've been on it for about 10 months now, started at 8mg a day, been at 2mg or less, for a while now. I usually end up taking about 2mg a day, but I cut up the 2mg pill in half then quarters and 1/8ths. I usually try to take less, but then I'll wake up in the middle of the night, slightly uncomfortable, wanting to fall back to sleep, and I know throwing the tiny chunk that's left will bring me back.

Anyhow, I've noticed I feel more depressed/lethargic when I need more. Should I just jump down to .5 a day and get through a few uncomfortable days until I'm adjusted to that dose? How about getting off it completely?

To avoid discomfort, go as low as possible before completely jumping off. Bupe wd's are a pain in the ass, even when jumping off from 1mg a day.

phrozen said:
To avoid discomfort, go as low as possible before completely jumping off. Bupe wd's are a pain in the ass, even when jumping off from 1mg a day.

Yes it's true.
Taper quickly from 24mg-16mg-8mg or whatever down to 2mg.
And then go from 2mg to 0mg VERY slowly.

Fast taper schedule for Bupe with only ONE Suboxone/Subutex pill:

day1: 2mg
day2: 1mg
day3: 1mg
day4: 0,75mg
day5: 0,75mg
day6: 0,50mg
day7: 0,50mg
day8: 0,25mg
day9: 0,25mg
day10: nothing
day11: 0,25mg
day12: nothing

And you're left with 0,75mg.....

(but a quick taper is not ideal at all with Bupe, because it has a very long half-life)

----------------------------------

A better shedule, if you have enough pills, would be:

Go from your usual dose down to 2mg in only 3 or 4 days
-2 weeks on 2mg
-2 weeks on 1mg
-2 weeks on 0,5mg
-2 weeks on 0,25mg
(you need 7 pills to do this, and you'll be left with 3,5mg....)

phrozen said:
The "uncomformtable/anxious/chills" begin as soon as you dose? Or were they present well before you dosed?

Begin when I dose..This hasn't happened each time I dose. Perhaps an anomaly. :\

^
Sublingual/intranasal bupe takes about 15 minutes to come on. Maybe it's just anxiety? That's just a guess, I've never heard of anyone else experiencing that with bupe. :\

Thanks for that post jasoncrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.