• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus!

We discussed buprenorphine testing in regards to 5 panels on the first page. Please read the full thread before replying.

-------------------------------
BTW biggerstronger, 5 panels do not test for morphones and codones.

I was replying to the post above me...I was speaking about some of the other tests that test for stuff like oxymorphone/oxycodone, hydromorphone/codone, etc. I've seen many new strip tests that test for a lot of different types including the ones above, but I did not mean to imply that standard 5 panel tests test for morphones and codones...I meant the newer higher panel tests do that.

I would like to add something:

The ceiling dosage is 24mg-32mg in a day.
But the ceiling dosage for one dose is 8mg.

So if you're going to take some Bupe, don't take more than 8mg at a time, it won't get you higher.

(my ceiling dosage is 24mg, which is what I'm prescibed for every day. To get the most out my Bupe, I shoot 8mg in the morning, then 4mg every 4 hours)

Really? I've never heard of that. When I went through induction at first I got dosed in 8mg increments. I was given 8mgs and had to sit around for 45 minutes. I was still sick after 45 minutes and I was given another 8mgs. I ended up at 20mg.

If that is true, how long after your first dose should you redose for opitimal effects?

phrozen said:
If that is true, how long after your first dose should you redose for opitimal effects?

A few hours....

I already tried 8mg, 12mg, 16mg and even 42mg at once, and never got more effects than 8 mg.....

I'm sure you took your tolerance into account with each dose?

I'm prescribed 40mg per day, but always take less than that and almost always in 4mg increments every few hours

^40mgs? bupe has a cieling dose of around 32mgs....taking anything over that is pointless...its surprising that some doctors still just rx it all the way up ;ike that

wow..i'm coming off of bupe now ..but wtf 40mgs? jeez man. one milligram of buprenorphine held me for 10 days, give or take a couple days (that's where my physical dependance is at, and has been). i've decided enough is enough, and that i'd rather not fear withdrawal, but endure it and live as i have been (on suboxone). to say the least, i feel just as bad when there is/was high levels of bupe in me mentally, when there is low levels. there is almost no difference in mindset, only physical symptoms are first to appear.

Phrozen, yeah Hitler and Bones are the biggest urban myths on methadone I think. Thing is, Nazis DID invent it but the part about Dolophine being named for old Adolph is totally false. They just had forethought about morphine shortages in wartime and as they geared up for their push they sank money into alternative sources for analgesia, same with the methamphetamine route they devised.

As for calcium loss, it is totally false. People are soooo ignorant. I was too when I started but then we never had an internet, or even access to computers in those years. Today I find it hard to visualise a reason why people remain in a fog, maybe part of it is fear, because then they might have to accept responsibility for their negative actions.

zzITCHY420zz said:
wow..i'm coming off of bupe now ..but wtf 40mgs? jeez man. one milligram of buprenorphine held me for 10 days, give or take a couple days (that's where my physical dependance is at, and has been). i've decided enough is enough, and that i'd rather not fear withdrawal, but endure it and live as i have been (on suboxone). to say the least, i feel just as bad when there is/was high levels of bupe in me mentally, when there is low levels. there is almost no difference in mindset, only physical symptoms are first to appear.

Yes. My doctor knows that there is a ceiling dosage but also knows that everyone responds differently to a medication and/or has different tolerances. That being said I don't think I've ever taken more than 32mg in a day. Maybe a few times as an experiment. I just like to save them in case I don't have the money for the doctor and have extras just in case. It's my hoarding addiction coming out again. lol.

Rachamim, Yeah I know that methadone was invented by the nazis. As for the name, it does not come from Adolf. It comes from dolor which means pain in latin and finis which means end.

Come on...we all know that Adolf was a chemist in his spare time. He made this crazy bone penetrating substance that we now call methadone. He first came up with the name Hitlerjuice, but it was shot down. After killing the man who shot it down...he later settled on dolophine. Most obviously after himself. After we discovered this creation of his we adopted it as methadone and made up some latin words to coincide with it's original name of (a)dolophine. Then the government swept all this info under the carpet so we wouldn't know that we are really drinking hitlerjuice. At least that's what the junky at my dealer's place told me when I said I was going to get on methadone to quit heroin.

phrozen said:
That quote talks about finding the ideal bupe dose when you're coming off of another opiate. I don't really understand the rest of your post.

sorry my english is rubbish..just trying to figer something out, right how can explain it...

when you have been using heroin, and then go back on to your suboxone you experience precipative withdawls yeah.
these withdrawls last normals for me four days. ok
so everytime i use heroin then go back on suboxone i have to go threw four days of shity percipated withdrawls. ok
so on the fourth day of withdrawls i stop using the suboxone, and get stoned on herion. I thort "oh no!, now when i go back on the suboxone im gonna have to start all of these withdrawls alover again, from day one!!" but that wasnt the case. i went back on my suboxone the day after getting stoned and i was ok, no starting the withdrawls from the 'starting line,. No withdrawls at all. It was like i wasnt punished for getting stoned at the end of my precipited withdrawls,
(i hope this make sence sorry)
I found this to happen all the time. which I found strange as i was imformed that i couldnt use once! unless i was willing to go threw the whole withdrawl process.If anyone unstands what im going on about, i hope you could explain this. I have found that alot of you guys on blue light are more intellegent than most doctors and pharamacists put together.
just curious.
trying to figer out how much i can get away with, and why it so.??????

Last edited:
mr Bungle said:
when you have been using heroin, and then go back on to your suboxone you experience precipative withdawls yeah.
these withdrawls last normals for me four days. ok
so everytime i use heroin then go back on suboxone i have to go threw four days of shity percipated withdrawls.

Hey man, if you're using Heroin and wait for 24 hours or even more (until you'e are so sick that you can only twist in pain on the floor constantly crying/screaming) and then take the Bupe, you won't feel ANY withdrawal symptom, actually you will get some heavenly relief from Buprenoprhine.....

So, just wait until you're in HARDCORE Heroin withdrawal before taking bupe, and then you won't go through withdrawal.

The bupe hasn't fully left your system I'm guessing...just enough so you can sort of get high off of the heroin. So it wont affect you too much. Now if you used for 5+ days then you might have some issues.

man..if anyone decides to use suboxone/buprenorphine for a relatively small habit, i advise you guys be real careful with this stuff. an 8mg suboxone = 40 .2 temgesics (i fuckin swear, we should get this shit in the US). i'd make a sub last for god knows how long.. and to say the least, i've been off bupe for 72 hours now, and i literally feel how i have for the past 2 weeks. i kinda came to a fucked up fork in a road, and had two choices; raise my dose so i can accurately measure my dosages, for i was using so little, 2mg pills didn't even cut it. i was basically withdrrawing without knowing it, and also prolonging my jump. keep in mind, i was aware that buprenorhpine is quite stronger than one would think, and to my surprise, i feel better than i'd think. waves of physical and mental shittyness come at random times, but it aint shit to what i thought it'd be.

zzITCHY420zz said:
man..if anyone decides to use suboxone/buprenorphine for a relatively small habit, i advise you guys be real careful with this stuff. an 8mg suboxone = 40 .2 temgesics (i fuckin swear, we should get this shit in the US). i'd make a sub last for god knows how long.. and to say the least, i've been off bupe for 72 hours now, and i literally feel how i have for the past 2 weeks. i kinda came to a fucked up fork in a road, and had two choices; raise my dose so i can accurately measure my dosages, for i was using so little, 2mg pills didn't even cut it. i was basically withdrrawing without knowing it, and also prolonging my jump. keep in mind, i was aware that buprenorhpine is quite stronger than one would think, and to my surprise, i feel better than i'd think. waves of physical and mental shittyness come at random times, but it aint shit to what i thought it'd be.

I can make 1 8mg tab last me about a month. With sharing =D

If you are using bupe to kick another opiate habit, would it be counterproductive to snort the bupe? I see that the bioavailability is higher for intranasal than sublingual administration, but will the bupe also leave your system quicker if snorted (thus not giving the longer amount of relief necessary for kicking the dope habit)? Basically, should one only snort bupe if they want to get high, not if they are using it to get off of another opiate?

Status
Not open for further replies.