• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
edarrin said:
^ So you think one would be better off to taper with morphine than try a quick bup taper?

^ No. Not even close.

I've done full bupe tapers from heroin with one 8mg pill. Its possible, and very easy if you have the will.

Do a bupe taper; thats what its made for.

I.V. Bupe (0.3mg per 1ml ampule)

So is it possible to get addicted to I.V.'n Bupe? i've just run out of my 5 pack of ampules and have never had any withdraw symptoms from coming off before but I've also never been on a 3 day binge with this stuff...
Also, I was stupid and after I.V.'n most of 1cc I tried to do another 0.55cc while intoxicated off the previous Bupe dose and missed the shot!
Here's a pic...
owmyarm.jpg

^ That's what I was hoping. I guess there will still be some w/d at the end ?(not including PAWS which is a given)

I really can't miss any more work fucking around with this shit. If I don't hop off soon I'll be a lifer I guess. Not what I had in mind.

I was wondering since the half life is so long that perhaps w/d would be a dragged out affair like with methadone.

If you do it right, taper down cautiously to practically nothing (like .25mg), the W/D at the end will be zero, or not enough to even notice.

edarrin said:
^ That's what I was hoping. I guess there will still be some w/d at the end ?(not including PAWS which is a given)

I really can't miss any more work fucking around with this shit. If I don't hop off soon I'll be a lifer I guess. Not what I had in mind.

I was wondering since the half life is so long that perhaps w/d would be a dragged out affair like with methadone.

I'm jumping off Tuesday, I'll let you know how it goes. I actually went down to .125 mg for the last few days, because I remember reading either on BL or heroin-detox.com (which also has lots of good info on bupe) that if you taper down to <.2 mg/day, it's pretty much painless. :)

I've been dosing Opana ER 20 mgs the past few days (as I ran out of other options for opiates). Anyway, how long do I have to wait to take suboxone after taking opana ER? Does anyone know? I just want to make sure so I don't go into w/d's right away.

I'm jumping off Tuesday, I'll let you know how it goes. I actually went down to .125 mg for the last few days, because I remember reading either on BL or heroin-detox.com (which also has lots of good info on bupe) that if you taper down to <.2 mg/day, it's pretty much painless.

Please let us know. I took my last dose about 18 hours ago (morphine ER). Wondering if I can start soon. might wait a couple more hours. just at the very beginning of w/d (not even really....just able to have a crap).

dilated_pupils said:
I've been dosing Opana ER 20 mgs the past few days (as I ran out of other options for opiates). Anyway, how long do I have to wait to take suboxone after taking opana ER? Does anyone know? I just want to make sure so I don't go into w/d's right away.
You should wait until you're in full w/d imo, then pop the suboxone.

^^ I know that, I've used sub before, but just never with opana. My w/d's right now are really bothering me, every 5 minutes feels like I've been waiting an hour or two, and it's been almost 27 hours, so I'm going to dose now.

Well I started at 21 hours after last dose. Approx 1mg sublingual.

No w/d, actually nothing. Don't really feel w/d either. I could probably use another 1mg since i don't feel like dancing in the aisles either but since I am trying a detox I'll keep it as low and short as possible.

AnewMan said:
I'd add that certain people have claimed they have failed certain urine tests due to suboxone. One of the many reasons I quit this horrid "opiate"

not true..i was on probation and took lab drug screens with the highest quality equipment available...that motherfucker would pick up one beer or one hit of weed and i passed dozens of tests while on suboxone. i believe they have to have a special test to test for buprenorphine. im sure someone else has already said this but im too lazy to keep reading. :p

Well I'm trying to take advantage of the long half-life and dose every second day. I made it through the first two days no problem. I'm now in my forth day and yesterday morning I took the other part of the 2mg I split (the smaller half) and today hasn't been so good. i felt no w/d until now.

It's not terrible though by any stretch compared to full agonists, at least so far. I have a wicked headache for pretty much all day. That and a weird feeling of being a bit off normal. And the feeling like I'm developing the runs but haven't really so far. I've been to work through this which is a first for me. usually I'm way to messed up to go to work. Going to drop to .5mg tomorrow.

OK, I've been off Suboxone for 5 days after a 21 day taper, the last 5 days of which I used .125 mg per day. This was after 9 consecutive months of poppy pod (50-80g every day or every other day) and occasional heroin use (shitty tar).

I have felt zero w/d symptoms physically, very little mentally.

So, get down to .125 mg/day if you really want to kick painlessly. It works.

GM & JC, how come this thread still isn't stickied?

It is stickied. Not directly, but its in the directory and/or the mega-merged threads sticky. Those two stickies are incredible resources. Everybody should utilize them. Between them, and the search engine second, the answers to 99% of the questions asked are there.

I think I took approx .375 yesterday. Been tapering slowly down with very little withdrawal. This is by far the easiest taper I've ever done.

To bad Canada isn't going to treat Sub the same as the states. It's going to be controled by the Addiction medicine Clinics. You have to have 20 days direct supervision by a healthcare professional (most likely a pharmacist.) to start. Start out with 2 doctor visits a week for 2 weeks. Then I guess monthly (not sure about that one-the article I was reading didn't really say I don't think ). I will go back and check. I can't post the link because it is for Canadian healthcare workers and you need to type your license # in as well as place of employment, discipline, etc.

johanneschimpo said:
It is stickied.

Thanks! :)

Not directly, but its in the directory and/or the mega-merged threads sticky. Those two stickies are incredible resources. Everybody should utilize them. Between them, and the search engine second, the answers to 99% of the questions asked are there.

And 80% of those questions are about Suboxone/Buprenorphine. This thread has so much good info in it, too, and it was such a pain to search for it whenever it slipped a page or two back. ;)

No need to search for it anymore. Like he said, its right at the top in both the ODD and Mega Thread stickies. Hows that for convenience?

I've always wondered this: why is there a sword design on the backs of suboxone/subutex pills? Something to do with "battling addiction?"

Status
Not open for further replies.