• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had past experience with being prescribed Suboxone for my opiate withdrawals, and I must say it does WONDERS! I went into Detox/Rehab and thats what they gave me and I had NO withdrawal symptoms whatsoever! And after I got out I joined a local 'Suboxone Clinic' as its called around here and continued taking it. The only reason I aint on it now is because I couldnt keep affording that clinic every week they charge weekly and its a pretty high amount too and with me having two kids it just wasnt working.

Anyway I just want to say that for people who are SERIOUS about quitting opiates Suboxone is definetly the way to go, or well atleast in my personal opinion it is. I guess it all depends on what you are on and how much and how and how bad etc. I was getting prescribed the 8mg suboxone pills, the big orange ones in the picture on this thread with the N8 on it. I must say I HATED how they tasted though LOL, it would about make me puke, but then there are others who LOVE the taste. And also with my personal experience it took ALL my cravings away, when I was taking suboxone I didnt want no pills.....and I even got tested GOOD while I was on them, there was somebody that crushed up and snorted a pain pill infront of me and I didnt even care or want any because I had just taken my suboxone about an hour before and was feeling GOOOOOD LOL.

But each person reacts differently to everything so what I personally may have experienced from it doesnt mean EVERYONE will, I am just saying if you are serious suboxone is a VERY good route to take to staying off of opiates.

OH YEA! one more thing I wanted to add!!!

About the suboxone making you fail a drug test, it DOES NOT show up on regular 5 panel drug tests BUT there is a special test specifically JUST for buprenorphine that people can use if they so choose I am guessing. I know when I was going to the suboxone clinic here we had to get drug tested weekly and along with the 5 panel drug test they would use the specialty bup. test to make sure everyone was taking it as well. I asked the dr himself because I had a job interview and he said it wont show up that they would have to use the specific bup. test before they could find it.

subutex/suboxone suck as any type of opiate its like a downer without any good effects

Ok, how much would Heroin be blocked by a one off 6mg dose of Bup. Still feeling like shit from no gear. Not looking to get high just feel better. Surly a good sized shot would do the shot. If I did score would I go into withdrawal when I dose Bup the next day.

after 11 months on suboxone i finally got off!! was down to 0.3mg a day, then switched to 10mg a day of diphenoxylate/atropine which wasn't helping pain at all, then switched to 2.4mL / day of laudanum (opium tincture, 24mg morphine / day)

^ Isn't that worse? You got off suboxone and now you're on morphine?
(not trying to insult you, just wondering why)

i was/am in pain and suboxone just made the pain worse and didn't help with the runs... and i'm on low dose morphine (opium tincture)

ive been taking suboxone for about two years now....if i stop abruptly, will i go through withdrawls, if yes how bad and how long?

I've been doing IV tar for the last 8 months, never more than 0.5 g/day.

I am fed up w/the whole thing, so I've decided to take sub, which I can get independent of going to a clinic.

i did my last shot, which was probably around 0.1 g of tar, about 10 hours ago.

i am feeling kinda lame, but nothing unbearable. experiencing cold sweats.

my problem is, i guess, that i don't really know what w/d feels like to me, as i've never missed a day of doing at least one shot since developing my IV habit.

i tend to think that w/d symptoms will be very clear once they begin in earnest - should i just wait until it's painfully (no pun intended) obvious that i'm actually in w/d before beginning the sub?

sorry for rambling, i'm just confused...

YankeeFan08 said:
ive been taking suboxone for about two years now....if i stop abruptly, will i go through withdrawls, if yes how bad and how long?
Yes. The severity will depend on what dose you abruptly hop off of. The physical symptoms aren't too bad(compared to full agonists), but all serious opiate heads know that PAWS is what really fucks you over.

scruples said:
i tend to think that w/d symptoms will be very clear once they begin in earnest - should i just wait until it's painfully (no pun intended) obvious that i'm actually in w/d before beginning the sub?
Yes, you should wait as long as possible to dose the sub. Also, start with a very low dose <1mg and re-dose 30-45min afterward until it holds you. You shouldn't need to dose more than once a day afterward. With bupe, less is more.

Good luck to both of you guys.

I am finishing up a rapid (21 day) taper from Suboxone:

Day 1 3mg
Day 2-3 2mg
Day 4-7 1mg
Day 8-11 .5mg
Day 12-14 .25 mg
Day 15-21 .125 mg

I'm trying to make this as easy a jump as possible, but I'm coming off 9 straight months of poppy pod use. Anyone have any predictions what my w/d will be like? Thanks. :)

It'll be minimal at worst. Very few physical symptoms, and even if they manifest, they should be done with within a week or so.

Watch out for paws though... The cravings could easily lead to relapse.

does bupe kill pain ?my wife and i take roughly about 150 mg of oxycontin and roxicodone daily.we really want to quit,but we are terrified of living in pain.she was in a car wreck 3 years ago.and really hate our pills they have ruined our life,but cannot imagine a day without them because of pain...thank you......................olskoolrollrz

It's an analgesic, although it's not considered as good as the full agonists.

Not sure what the problem is with OxyContin if you have them prescribed and take them as intended..

the problem is the side effects..am sick of so many things that go wrong after years of oc use,cant take a dump,cant get hard,no sex drive dont wanna do anything and the most fucked up thing is having to have them .they run our lives.and they barely even work.and always needing more..just wanna put them down one day soon and get on with living

Thanks, phrozen. That's just what I wanted to hear. :)

olskoolrollrz said:
the problem is the side effects..am sick of so many things that go wrong after years of oc use,cant take a dump,cant get hard,no sex drive dont wanna do anything and the most fucked up thing is having to have them .they run our lives.and they barely even work.and always needing more..just wanna put them down one day soon and get on with living

Unfortunately, those side effects are common to buprenorphine as well. The only advantage will be its longer half-life, so you won't feel quite as enslaved to it as you do to oxycodone.
Make no mistake, you will still be enslaved to a drug, it just won't seem quite as obvious a dependence. :\

also 24mg of morphine will be much easier to get off of, even cold turkey, than even my low dose suboxone regiment. (0.25-0.35mg a day). if i went a day without it i started feeling the W/D come on.. with the opium tinc. i feel like i can go a lot longer without any wihout feeling like shit

^ So you think one would be better off to taper with morphine than try a quick bup taper? I'm taking morphine,have had several cold turkey w/d's, and as many relapses. I have some 8mg bups (Iwhere I live I can't get any more).

Which would be better?
a) taper as low as possible on morphine and hop off

b) do a day 1-2mg
day3-1mg
day 5-.5mg
day 7-.25mg

Then either hop off or do the other .25mg in 3 days depending on how I feel. i would only use a total of 1 8mg sub. (actually less than i tab)

Status
Not open for further replies.