• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question:

Why can I take a benzo with suboxone and not get sick, but if I take alcohol with suboxone I feel terrible? They both work on GABA, so what's going on? If it's the naloxone, why doesn't the naloxone affect the benzo?

^^^ Good question (fucked if I know) When I drink alcohol I to feel terrible (and am hungover more than usual, why is this?)
But I am fine when I take Nitrazepam, with my suboxone.

I never got "sick" from drinking alcohol on Suboxone, or any other opiate for that matter. Opiates greatly increase my alcohol tolerance. So if I drink too much too fast, I may end up with a hangover. Usually I wouldn't notice a hangover, as I'd be using more dope...

With suboxone, I've never gotten sick WHILE drinking, it's the next morning that really ruins alcohol with suboxone. The hangover does NOT go away, and I'm very nauseated all day long. Not just a few hours, but the majority of the day.

Normal hangovers are cured with weed, but it doesn't stop the nausea when fighting the alcohol/suboxone hangover.

I get more pleasurable effects from alcohol when I'm not on suboxone as well. Hopefully just another month before I get to drink normally; tapered 75% so far, .5mg to go! :)

well, you can very easily aquire 300 subetex for 200 dollars. how much is your bupe costing you? (doctor visits, scripts, etc)
cause that just might be worth it to some of yu (EOJ)
peace

on heroin I dont notice the hangover, but as I dont 'get off' on Suboxone, I get really bad hangovers (when using suboxone and alcohol, more than I can remember on just alcohol, alone)

However in retrospect this might be due to not being used to hangovers, as Ive never had one for years, as Ive been too stone on heroin to notice, but now im only on suboxone I notice.

(((I'm now down to 2mg Suboxone - I reduce 2mg's at a time (I was back up to 12mg two weeks ago, as i messed up by using loads of heroin.) I always found the lack of sleep to be my own personal demon. However my drug counseler is givin me Nitrazpam - 10mg per night - for the 'final push') to use for the first two nights when i reduce my dose. Due to the Nitrazepam I have found the reduction of Suboxone to be increable eazy. I strongly recomend using Benzo's to help the withdrawl process - Ive not been this happy for a LONG time. I'll be Opiate free in a week, two at the most! I have NOT been getting ANY mental cravings.)))

good luck everyone..

Last edited:
Hi,cool that someone made a BIG thread about bupe,Im on bupe maintenance,perscribed 6 (0,4mg) temgesic a day,+I take subutex illegally,I IV both,I find bupe recreational if i keep the dosage down,say 2mg ca 3times a day,If I get too high doses it just keeps me well,no rec.value,I hate Subuxone,I find that drug posessing NO RECREATIONAL value WHATSOEVER..EVEN WHEN TAKEN under the tounge or snorted,we just got subuxone here and everyone hates it...

I am on 2mg.

Yesterday I used (heroin) on top of my 2mgs

Today I have been on more heroin (will be my last for a long time)

Should I also take my 2mg of Suboxone today on top of the Heroin I've just used (or even 1mg)?

I believe I should (maybe) do this as the 'build' up of my Suboxone levels in body will decrease if I DONT take some (along wirh the heroin I'm presently on).

mr Bungle said:
I am on 2mg.

Yesterday I used (heroin) on top of my 2mgs

Today I have been on more heroin (will be my last for a long time)

Should I also take my 2mg of Suboxone today on top of the Heroin I've just used (or even 1mg)?

I believe I should (maybe) do this as the 'build' up of my Suboxone levels in body will decrease if I DONT take some (along wirh the heroin I'm presently on).

NO. DO NOT take suboxone on top of heroin. Suboxone THEN heroin is fine, but do not take suboxone till a good 24 hours after the heroin.

I unapproved a bunch of posts.

A reminder to all: it is against our guidelines to offer to supply, attempt to buy, or obtain online sources, for any kind of recreational drug. This includes prescription drugs, and drugs that may be legal in your area (BZP, etc).

This protects you (from police attention, and from being ripped off), and protects our site. Be advised that police do watch this board. Remember that the penalty for giving drugs away is the same as the penalty for selling them.

And please, read the rules.

^
shooting suboxone or subutex?

i was considering shooting suboxone last month even though i've never IVed anything, but (probably by the grace of god) the syringes i ordered online were shipped to my mother's house rather than where i specified they be sent, and a little bit of perspective made me realize shooting suboxone was a stupid idea.

i'm not trying to criticize anyone who does this, but i think it was the right decision not to in my case.

^ Its good you came to that decision. Despite that fact that I hate shooting suboxone (its nasty. bad for the veins. and the orange taste from my lungs makes me want to puke.) I can no longer take the small doses that I am allowed everyday any other way besides IV. I pretty much fucked myself.

Im on maintenence, so it doesnt get me high, but its the only way I get relief, and the worst part is it only works for about 6 - 8 hours, then I become sick again.

If you dont have a high opiate tolerence, which I dont know if you do because I cant remember you saying you do or not from other posts around here, then its probably worth it to try it once or twice. If you are on maintenence, then just snort it or take as directed.

^
i am on suboxone maintenance, so i'm not *supposed* to be using them to get high. i had quick stints of addiction with painkillers (mostly vicodin and some percocet) when i was 15 and 17, but i was slow to catch on to WD and tolerance then because i was uninformed.

this eventually became a real addiction beginning in summer 2006 with a variety of opiates, ranging from poppy tea to oxycontin to fentanyl to heroin (only got my hands on 100 mg pure heroin, once, so i don't know if it counts.) i guess my tolerance got up there, but nothing like a lot of people on here. i just don't have the access day-to-day.

i managed to cut my suboxone to 2-4 mg a day, usually sublingually but i do snort them sometimes. unfortunately, the lack of opiates has just caused a foray into other classes of drugs that i have more access to but are way harder on my physical, mental, and emotional health, which is why i was so desperate for an opiate high that i considered shooting subs.

Shooting them isn't worth it imo. No rush. I also don't consider their high very recreational.

If I'm willing to take the risks involved with spiking a vein, I'm going to be sure that the high is worth it. Just my .02

( With dope it certainly is. =D )

^
i was planning to shoot the heroin i had (with some assistance), but it didn't end up happening for better or for worse. i'm not into the rush anyway, more the longterm mood lift, motivation, anxiolysis, etc.....spoken like a true needle-naive opiate user=D

with the fentanyl and AMF i spent awhile stupidly plugging it (in solution 100 mcg/1 mL) before i realized snorting was wayyyyyy better, but fent is the crack of opiates. you have to do it, like, every hour. i was easily using 2 mg of fent a day ten days after obtaining it.

i digress. i just miss opiates:(

IMO, if you're not into the rush, shooting isn't worth the risk.

Yeah, I know about the BA difference, but the many risks involved with iv'ing just doesn't make up for it. Especially if you're thinking about iv'ing Suboxone, or any other pill.

IForgett said:
^ I can no longer take the small doses that I am allowed everyday any other way besides IV. I pretty much fucked myself.

Im really sorry to hear that.

I have just aquired 25 10mg Morphine Sulphate tables.

I have no knowledge on these what so ever.

Has anyone here? What are they like? Will I be able to take them on top of my low doseage of Suboxone? I i find when using heroin on top of my low dose of suboxone I still get some what stoned. Will this be the case with Morphine Sulphate?

Will Morphine Sulphate be good for withdrawls? and/or are they harder to come off than Suboxone?

((((sorry about my previous posts, I should have read the rules, and shouldnt get on the computer when stoned. What can I say Im a dick))))

^ It will be along the same lines as taking heroin after suboxone. Just be sure to not take suboxone after the morphine, unless waiting 24 hours. 250mg of morphine can be a lot or can be very little, it depends on your tolerence. I cant remember if you IV or not, but if you do, Id be willing to bet the morphine pills you have are not good for IV, so your best bet would just be to chew them up. Snorting 25 pills is obviously a task Im sure you dont want to try and under take.

I dont really know which would be harder to come off. Id say morphine because coming off of low doses of suboxone is very easy, while with morphine its harder to take small doses, meaning youd have to come off a high dose. I say save the morphine for a rainy day, if you ever decide to get high again, and just use the suboxone for withdrawals.

Whats your tolerence to opiates in pill form? Like oxycontin for example. How much oxycodone do you need to get high? Id be more able to suggest a dose of morphine for you if I knew that. I dont want to compare it to heroin because purity is never exact.

thanks I think ill do just that and save it for a rainy day.
With regards to opiates the only ones I have done and have any knowledge on are Heroin, Methdaone Subitex, Suboxone. Oh and Codeine Phosphate. I dont count Codeine as even tho when I read up on it, where I found people raving about Codiene, it did nothing for me. I took a whole sheet (stupidly) around 330mg tablets and all it did was get rid of my handover - just.

I dont know if this helps.Ill take the Morphine one rainy day - maybe - Ive had enough, (when I last did heroin and crack last, it just made me sick and clouded my head, which wasnt good) Im gonna jump off this last lot of Suboxone 2mg - 4mg using my ten 5mg Nitrazepam and ten 10mg Diazepam (as not being able to sleep is my withdrawl demon). I need to get off Suboxone as I want/need to give my mother a kidney and travel and live,. Ive had enough of this Opiate ride and am sick off running it off the road - its to tricky ot handle.

Iforget you say you have prity much ''fucked yourself''. I have found things can look pritty grim, with no way out with opite addiction, but just round the corner things can happen, good things. (i know that sounds gay, and you probley have heared it all a hunderd times before) Try and keep you chin up... (I hope that doesnt sound as patronising as it reads)

Status
Not open for further replies.