• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy Pod Tea...Very disappointed.

SonOF

Bluelighter
I recently finished my first batch of pods and was completely disappointed. I first thought I was just low-balling the dosage (started with a tea of about 10 tablespoons of ground pods), but eventually almost tripled that dosage and still experienced a pretty shitty buzz. It honestly felt like about 20 mgs of hydrocodone. Which, to me, is basically no buzz at all. The pods were large (a bit smaller than tennis ball size), I feel like I would have needed 15 of them at once to catch a decent buzz.

Were they very shitty pods? Was I expecting too much?
People are talking about nodding on the poppy tea which seems laughable when I think about my recent shitty experience. Probably should have bought about 12 10mg Vicodin and actually caught got actually gotten high twice.

In another thread, someone claimed that "i find three tablespoons of powder about equivalent to 20mg oxy or 30mg hydrocodone," which is why I even gave the old pods a try. If that were true, I would have been absolutely FLYING on the tea I made with 25-30 tablespoons, rather than slightly warm and and comfortable and muttering to myself.

It sounds to me like shitty pods. However, the way you're making your tea might have something to do with it... It's not easy to fuck up, but I've seen people do it.

More importantly though, what kind of tolerance to opiates do you already have?

I've gotten pods that seemed to do next to nothing too...were your pods whole? I've found that the best pods are the ones that are whole and contain all their seeds.

To answer both posts:

My pods were whole, and did contain all of their seeds (which I dumped out before grinding the pods).

My preparation of the tea was as such
: Ground pods into powder. Add very hot (not boiling) water to powder. Cover. Wait 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Run solution through fine strainer. Squeeze lumps of pod gunk to drain excess "juice" into the filtered liquid. Drink liquid.

Thinking my tea preparation may have been the problem, I at one point, even had the pleasurable experience of eating about 15 tablespoons of the powder raw, and chasing it with grapefruit juice. Again, minimal results.

My opiate tolerance is decent, but I didn't think It would be too high to get a buzz from pods. I usually dose Oxycodone around 60-80mgs, Hydro at around 50mgs (haven't done hydro in a while though), and heroin at 200-300mgs (2-3 "bags" sniffed)...I know the info regarding the H isn't as useful because quality is so variable, but figured I'd throw that in.

SonOF said:
To answer both posts:

My pods were whole, and did contain all of their seeds (which I dumped out before grinding the pods).

My preparation of the tea was as such
: Ground pods into powder. Add very hot (not boiling) water to powder. Cover. Wait 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Run solution through fine strainer. Squeeze lumps of pod gunk to drain excess "juice" into the filtered liquid. Drink liquid.

Thinking my tea preparation may have been the problem, I at one point, even had the pleasurable experience of eating about 15 tablespoons of the powder raw, and chasing it with grapefruit juice. Again, minimal results.

My opiate tolerance is decent, but I didn't think It would be too high to get a buzz from pods. I usually dose Oxycodone around 60-80mgs, Hydro at around 50mgs (haven't done hydro in a while though), and heroin at 200-300mgs (2-3 "bags" sniffed)...I know the info regarding the H isn't as useful because quality is so variable, but figured I'd throw that in.

I'd bet money on the problem being your existing tolerance. I have a minimal opiate tolerance myself, and I need a good 25-30 pods-worth of tea to get a nod worthy high going. 15-20 pods for an enjoyable buzz.

Additive of NyQuil helps a LOT!.... keep reading.

I had some minor problems with my pods. They seemed a bit dissapointing to me also.

While I still think my current batch of pod to be a little weak, I have been getting nods off them via the following 'tricks':

Very extensively crushing the pods helps heaps.

NOT using boiling water, but just very hot water(steaming, not boiling)

Weigh out 20 grams(that seems to be my dose anyway) of pod, but remove the stem, knuckle, and crown first.

Soak for an HOUR, stirring and mashing the soaking pods with the spoon every 15 minutes during the soak.

Now what seems to be the BIG key to nod from pods: Take a tablespoon or two of NYQUIL at the same time you gulp down ALL the liquid

NyQuil Cold/Flu contains: Tylenol, which will help if you get headaches from the pods(i was); also, it contains Doxylamine succinate (an antihistamine/hypnotic), which seems to potentiate opiates. In addition to that, NyQuil also has a little DXM, which some say reduces effect of tolerance to opiates.

It just sounds like the pods weren't the best. That's the problem with people saying 1 tbsp = x mg of drug X. The potency is all over the place, you can run into crap like you had and you can find great stuff. My tolerance is worse than yours is now and I use them with no prob.

^agreed. I have a massive opiate tolerance and 10-20 tbsp of my ground pods has me nodding and on the verge of purging. Pods vary wildly and it can be difficult to gauge the dosage correctly.

Did you grind your pods in a coffee grinder?

I've had pods that were almost totally useless, 10 pods felt like they had maybe 5 mg morphine. So yea useless pods are out there, if you bought these from a popular auction site or one of those sites that know exactly what they are selling email and complain about the quality, be discrete though.

You'll probably get another shipment, they want repeat business.

you cant really make a statement such as "poppy pod tea sucks" as people will gather and throw their contradictory feces in ur face. So obviously, the answer to your question is either you didnt do it right, the pods sucked, you didnt take enough, tolerance was too high, and other variables.

garuda said:
if you bought these from a popular auction site or one of those sites that know exactly what they are selling email and complain about the quality, be discrete though.

You'll probably get another shipment, they want repeat business.

How can you email and complain when sites claim they are selling pods for "decorative purposes?" Should I say my pods weren't aesthetically pleasing enough or what? :D

FractalStructure said:
you cant really make a statement such as "poppy pod tea sucks" as people will gather and throw their contradictory feces in ur face. So obviously, the answer to your question is either you didnt do it right, the pods sucked, you didnt take enough, tolerance was too high, and other variables.

I never made a statement like "poppy pod tea sucks."

I was hoping my experience would be better, and was trying to get advice as to how I could improve the high. :\

yes, poppy pod tea does suck, i agree, no point in making it illegal because it sucks.

(threads like this are VERY good IMO, even tho they aren't true LOL).

PPT is amazing, you just need the right dose (15-20g powdered pods) feels like 15-20 oxycodone or 25-30 hydrocodone.

enoughorangejuice? said:
yes, poppy pod tea does suck, i agree, no point in making it illegal because it sucks.

PPT is amazing, you just need the right dose (15-20g powdered pods) feels like 15-20 oxycodone or 25-30 hydrocodone.

Even though again, if you read the thread, I never said "poppy tea sucks;" I said I was disappointed with it.

In regard to your last sentence, wouldn't it be easier (no "process" involved for ingestion) and smarter economically to just actually get the Oxy or Hydro?

our first attempt was alright, I wasnt expecting anything crazy though, but made me pretty happy.
Also made some kick ass cookies with the left over seeds.

SonOF said:
How can you email and complain when sites claim they are selling pods for "decorative purposes?" Should I say my pods weren't aesthetically pleasing enough or what? :D

Well if you bought them from a real craft site don't, if you got them from <auction site> or one of those sites with "poppies" in the URL just email saying you were dissapointed with your order, they were of poor quality, something like that.

Those guys know exactly what they are selling, they will get the hint. I mean I can't guarantee anything, but its been known to happen.

If you want to get conspiracy theory I've noticed with pods and kratom first time orders sometimes are of poor quality, but never repeat customers.
Suppliers knowing a batch is bunk and trying to unload it on the naive? Who knows.

garuda said:
Well if you bought them from a real craft site don't, if you got them from <auction site> or one of those sites with "poppies" in the URL just email saying you were dissapointed with your order, they were of poor quality, something like that.

Those guys know exactly what they are selling, they will get the hint. I mean I can't guarantee anything, but its been known to happen.

yeah, it was one of the second type sites you mentioned with "poppies" in the URlL. I'll give it a try with the email. Thanks for the advice.

ChemicalSmile said:
Does anyone have any experience with the arizona variety of poppy?

yeah, i believe so, they are all very similar i think, and most people throw names on them like pot dealers do with herb strains...if it looks like a PP it is.

SonOF said:
Even though again, if you read the thread, I never said "poppy tea sucks;" I said I was disappointed with it.

In regard to your last sentence, wouldn't it be easier (no "process" involved for ingestion) and smarter economically to just actually get the Oxy or Hydro?

I hear you, sorry for that, but it is a pain to make the tea but IMO it is the best opioid i have ever tried, especially when mixed with coke and pot.

I've tried oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, codeine, morphine, PPT, PST, tramadol, demerol, fentanyl, heroin and probably a few others i can't think of, and i've had amazing experiences on almost all of them besides codeine, PST and tramadol.

PPT at the right dose with the right pods IME is better than sniffing quality dope.