• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy Pod Tea...Very disappointed.

Now I feel sort of dumb for paying extra for the gigantheums.... but I did hear they are usually the most potent poppy....

enoughorangejuice? said:
PPT at the right dose with the right pods IME is better than sniffing quality dope.

I've only done dope a handful of times, but I will agree that good pods prepared the right way for tea do compare. Minus the rush of the dope of course (which is a pretty big factor).

I do enjoy drinking the tea and waiting for it to kick in though. About 20 minutes into it you're limbs turn to heavy branches and that oh-so-comfy maternal blanket of warmth overcomes you =D

Although lately I've been having a real difficult time trying to choke down the stuff. The latest batch of pods I've gotten are the most potent I've had by far, but my god do they make for some foul ass tea :(

You win some you lose some, I suppose.

Damn sucks to hear that but it sounds like you have a high tolerence to opiates. But don't give up yet it takes a couple of times to find a good dose for you, when you find it, the high is great and lasts a good 3 hours and slowly lets you down

It takes me 20 mgs of opana to feel it, 35 mgs to nod sniffed, 40 mgs hydrocodone orally to feel it 75-80 mgs to nod, 30 mgs oxycodone to feel it 55-60 to nod orally.

I have lots of medium sized pods...... I just cooked a batch of 15 pods ground up .. its been a while and im not feeling much. This supplier has decent pods cause ive made it a few times before. I dont think I should re-dose, do you think its just the slow come-up of pods?

ChemicalSmile said:
BUMP slightly smaller pupils, no itch... slight warm feeling.... re dose?

Generally I feel the entire effects of pod tea 30 minutes after finishing it. When my limbs go heavy before anything else, that's when I know I'm in for a good time =D

Grinding the pods up completely work best, also, try using lemon juice or citric acid in the water, it shoud aid in extracting the opium, I've found that by doing this, you can reuse the poppy grounds to make more tea

eon_blue said:
Generally I feel the entire effects of pod tea 30 minutes after finishing it. When my limbs go heavy before anything else, that's when I know I'm in for a good time =D

Well it took me an hour to feel anything. 2 and a half now and its kicked in fully. Its not as high as I wanted to get but I now know how to gauge these a little better, specifically thias batch. They are all about 5''. Im gonna try 20 tomorrow, thank you.

mulberryman said:
Grinding the pods up completely work best, also, try using lemon juice or citric acid in the water, it shoud aid in extracting the opium, I've found that by doing this, you can reuse the poppy grounds to make more tea

And ive heard conflicting reports on this. Is there any last word on this. Does it make THAT much of a difference?

I guess it would, if you are the type whom only waits the 30 minutes and then strains and drinks.

If you wait a little longer, stir every so often, and give the shit a good squeeze wringer out at the end it should not make a big noticable difference.

my couple cents on the subject anyway.

Well, I've tried it w/out the lemon juice, and I can tell you, there is a difference.

I got packets of lemon juice from subway is this just as good as straight from a fresh lemon... and btw sorry bout all the questions.

I read some where here on bluelight that if you only wait 30 minutes to let the straw soak with water, the first batch of tea only extracts 60% of the active ingredients. Using the same straw the second batch of tea extracts 30% and the third batch of tea using the same straw extracts less then 10% of the active ingredients. Not sure how true this is, but IME this is pretty close, and lemon juice does help with the extraction better especially during the later batches of tea.

Wintermute said:
Dude, I don't think anyone in their right mind will be emailing you for your 'source'. Sorry, but this isn't the place. Open an ebay account. 8)

lol... how ironic

Dolphin: I will let a mod tell you , but you should watch what you say, really.