• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can Police dogs smell acid???

AJAX

Bluelighter
I want to know for a fact if dogs can smell acid. I dont want any "well they shouldnt be able to because us humans cant smell it." I want to know for a fact, for someone to be 150% positive that they cant. thanks PEACE

They can actually, well at least one drug dog can, saw the webpage they put up for him a little while back listed all the things he could do, and one of them was detecting lsd but I think it was only over the 100 hit range I'm not sure on that though. It is possible but its very rare, besides that I can't remember more of the story sorry.
ASleepyBoy

the biggest way they smell it is if you wipe the scent all over whatever your carrying it in, from your hands to whatever was in the air at your house will be on it. Thats how they get all the weed and coke they seal up all nice, these dogs arent super canine, you rub the scent of whatever it is all over it getting it in there! Take weed, you can seal it in whatever you want, air tight, and youll still have the smell on the outside cause you were touching it. If you dont wipe LSD all over the thing its in they cant even really smell it, just dont expose it to anything else like weed or other illegal substances and it shouldnt have any problems, dont make it smell like anything by using perfume or coffee beans theyll smell that quicker than weed. Be clean is the phrase that comes to mind....
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."
My AIM: Thetripdoctor (im always on, Trust me)

Are you sure about that? Do you have the web page? I just don't see how that's possible. LSD is supposed to be oderless and to get enough present for the dog to sniff it and learn what it smells like......it would end up tripping its ass off becaus eit would be impossible not to inhale any of the powder.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

I'm positive, the dog was from canada... over at officer.com they were talking about it. I don't have the web page anymore because its been a long time, but the website showed the dog as one of a very few that could smell lsd they were pretty proud of it, so I don't think its widespread....
ASleepyBoy

I think that dog may be able to smell a large quantity of liquid lsd or a rag soaked in it, but not a sheet of blotter...
My guess is they 'learnt' it by holding it's nose over a container of liquid lsd or something.
--Psionic

I don't know if you meant acid before it had been taken, or if you're tripping on acid, but heres my part...
This might sound really dumb, but the first time i tripped i was walking past a dog that started jumping up and down and barking like crazy, my friends that were with me said animals "KNOW" when people are tripping, its some sort of weird sense they have. I don't know if they were fucking with me or not, but if this is true i'm sure a police dog would be able to tell. I'm sure a cop would be able to tell if you're tripping anyway, but i've had long ass conversations with people when i was tripping and they never knew...

I don't know if you meant acid before it had been taken, or if you're tripping on acid, but heres my part...
This might sound really dumb, but the first time i tripped i was walking past a dog that started jumping up and down and barking like crazy, my friends that were with me said animals "KNOW" when people are tripping, its some sort of weird sense they have. I don't know if they were fucking with me or not, but if this is true i'm sure a police dog would be able to tell. I'm sure a cop would be able to tell if you're tripping anyway, but i've had long ass conversations with people when i was tripping and they never knew...

LSD IS ODORLESS!!! That is the bottom line. I have never heard of dogs smelling lsd. The only thing you have to worry about is if the tabs have been with other drugs (marijuana especially). If you (or your dealer) leave a tab in your stash box then it will likely carry an odor that the dog will pick up on.
------------------
Ignorance will fall, wisdom will prevail.

I'd be willing to bet that LSD is not odorless. I find it hard to believe that the chemical simply lacks any sort of odor detectable by any species. However, in the quantities usually carried, I highly doubt any dogs are capable of detecting it via smell. I doubt the police even attempt to train dogs to sniff LSD.

On the subject of sniffer dogs: If you're a bit bored one day then get a bunch of envalopes and put them in an air-tight box with a gram of nice smelly weed. Leave for a week and then address each to an drug warrior (DARE officials, arsehole members of congress, local officials who talk shit, etc, etc) put a return address belonging to another drug warrior, insert two asprin taped to a piece of card and mail. That should give the fucking sniffer dogs and their handlers something to smell...
Harry
PS Is that illegal or am I allowed to post it here?

^ That is a great idea,
wink.gif

Harry, I thought I was the only one from this corner of the world!
Piexa Rulez!!
One Love!