• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

I've been off bupe for almost 2 months now, and if I don't take my tramadol, I still get sick. Now, mind you, this could be just a tramadol addiction, but I honestly feel like I never truly ended the bupe detox and the trams are just prolonging the withdrawal. I hope I'm wrong. To answer your question though, bupe withdrawal isn't as intense as full agonists, like heroin, but it is VERY drawn out, especially considering how often you were taking it.

i hate that constant nasty sweaty feeling, and i hate when showers hurt cause your muscles are sore all over. just wanted to let you guys know i hate that shit

@ spectre sounds like you're cross dependent on the tramadol; you realize it's an opiate right?

Well I ended up talking myself into using, got smack yest. havent touched it in 4-5 yrs. Honestly it felt fucking great but now I am pissed I was just starting to get clear of w/d [bupe]. I dont think this will set me back too much [fingers crossed]. Sometimes I seriously think I want to just stay on opiates for the rest of my life but I know its not worth it but.

peace,
seedesss

Well I ended up talking myself into using, got smack yest. havent touched it in 4-5 yrs. Honestly it felt fucking great but now I am pissed I was just starting to get clear of w/d [bupe]. I dont think this will set me back too much [fingers crossed]. Sometimes I seriously think I want to just stay on opiates for the rest of my life but I know its not worth it but.

peace,
seedesss

Just ride out the come down and space out your H experiences and you should be fine. If you find yourself with an addictive pull towards H stop immediately. Use buprenorphine again.

It's better to be on buprenorphine long term than constantly relapsing IMO.

Whatever you want to do is your call though.

do you think you are able to take a long break then use once every two weeks to avoid tolerance?

I was on bupe for 3 years and I just got out of rehab where they made me get off of it. I was off of it for 26 days and then I went out and got some suboxone today and took around 3mg. I actually felt a little buzz but more importantly ALL my SHITTY symptoms went away.

I was starting to think, "no, all these symptoms can't STILL be from bupe withdrawal - its been over 3 weeks!"

Since I took a little bit of sub tonight: body temperature regulated, depression lifted, mood elevated, no more chills, motivated, hopeful, optimistic, good appetite, comfortable (no sand paper skin), no cold sweats, AND for the first time in 24 days (withdrawals didnt really start until day 2).. I feel NORMAL again

Now.. I still have around half of that octagon left (4mg) - did I start this whole process over by doing this? After reading through this I kind of regret it - on the other hand, I was feeling really shitty and although it was getting better, this was happening SLOWLY and it felt like it was never going to get better.

Please give advice!

qwe-

I dont even want to think buotu using every two weeks. I am worried about another relapse but I know I can make it thru this. Ill admit I am weak in the knees when opiates are around and I have ALWAYS have had them around for fuck [94 was my first toot of h, way to young]. Now my mind is doing the typical driving me crazy with oh just use its fine. fuck this shit sooo tired of it. I have been on bupe for 7-8 yrs and gotten off 2wice with no real problems.

I WAS doing great but slipped with a few bags of grey dope I actually feel sicker the 2 days after heroin than the 6'ish days being off bupe. I havent touched heroin in 4-5 yrs and something just took me over. Now I am worrying about benzo intake because I just quit a long term habit and have been clean from kpins for 1 year, not anymore but of course i need that to function in w/d or try to function. Most of this psychological physical is nothing. I have school tomorrow havent done a thing all week but lay in bed popping pills, getting stoned, boozin, spring break is over and I am still fuct, lol go figure.

Going to go to my sisters kids bday party, try to eat, and pound beers till I start to feel achey again go home try to do some homework and probably medicate.

peace,
seedless

Getting of suboxone and Xanax with limited time off.

Hey, so basicly Ive been on suboxone for 4 month 2mg a day and on street methadone for 2 years before that. I've also used to take Xanax occasionaly until I became dependent about a month ago. So I've been on 4mg Xanax a day for a month now, now I just take 1 Xanax before sleep. I need to detox asap due to certain probems. I can only take 2 weeks off work, so it starts on April 4. If I taper down to 1mg sub and .5 Xanax before my vacation and jump off 4 days before my 2 weeks. I'm just worried because this is my only chance to take time off work this year so I cannot fail. I plan on using the Thomas recipe and I run about 7miles a week now to get ready. I haven't been on Xanax long enough yet to experience anything serious IMO especially if I taper down. My only worry is 18 days enough to detox and atleast be able to sleep 4 hours (that's my biggest worry) I have some ambiens, buspar, seroquels. I can't imagine not going thru this, it would mean another year on subs till I can take vacation again. Any advice? Thx

Seedless, if I was you I'd say being on a small dose of bupe is a hell of a lot better than relapsing w/ dope + downing kpins (esp. since you already kicked that habit). If you can get through psychological doldrums of getting off bupe without picking up, then do that. But if you know you'll probably get high again, you could try going back on bupe and tapering lower. When I tried kicking from 1 mg I relapsed after a week. When I kicked from .25 mg, it was about the same physically (relatively mild), but it was a hell of a lot better mentally. Nowhere near the level of cravings, I didn't have sleep problems for a month, etc. It was just so much easier.

The suboxone w.d's were bad for me for about 6 days, meaning I would not have been able to work for 5 days (I was in school and didnt goto class for the week). I have been on it for 2 years and did a 6 week taper from between 16 and 24mgs daily down to 1mg daily over 3 months. Remember that due to the long half life of the suboxone, you should be able to stop it 2 days before the sickness starts. So you can take your last dose wed night or thursday morning and you will be fine to work thursday and friday befor the w.d's kick on over the weekend.
As for the benzos, you should be able to drop the dose alot since you have only been using it daily for a month. Also a longer lasting benzo would be better for detox, so if you could get valium or even klonopin instead, I recommend doing so. Dropping benzo dosing is easiest in the first week, I was able to drop from 3mgs that I took daily for over 3 years to between 1 and 1.5mgs daily withen a week. Then to between 5 and 10mgs of valium daily which I am currently at as of last tuesday. So you can def taper down alot before your 2 week vacation

Every time I read about sub withdraw I see conflicting reports. I always wanted to know if it's better to taper with a short acting benzo, and come off that, or taper with sub. It seems sub withdraws are milder but I don't know if I could stand it for 2 weeks!
uh you're talking about tapering off two totally different classes of drugs

if you're hooked on opiates, taking some benzos will help, but "tapering" benzos wouldn't be much use at all

if you're hooked on benzos, i guess opiates like bupre would make you feel better a bit with their anxiolysis, but likewise you wouldn't be able to taper off opiates after having used benzos

Ive decided to get a ultram script to help ease me down a little easier.. I dont want to slip into regular benzo use nor harder opiates so I think this is a good decision because well I dont know.

I know I am just delaying the inevitable but Ill be clean soon. I see my doctor in 1 hour and he is pretty laid back and knows my history so I should get a script with no issues.

Peace,
Seedless

Anybody have experience with using ultram for a step down from bupe?

I've never used Ultram to ease getting off opiates, but I think that's a really good strategy. Your brain really can only adjust to so much at once, even 1 mg bupe is too much at once in my opinion. Stay on ultram long enough until you start to feel at least 80% "normal" or "stable" before cutting down that dose or dropping it. That'll probably only take 2 weeks. Then getting off that will be way smoother than the bupe w/d. I know it's easy to get impatient with tapers and want to just say fuck it and try to get through the w/d, but you wanna give yourself the best chance to get off opiates, stay off opiates, and have the least amount of withdrawal, right? So don't rush it too much.

Ultram is also probably the best drug for this purpose too, because 1) its a very weak opiate that is hardly abusable, and 2) it has some mild effects on serotonin and norepinephrine, which get knocked out of whack by opiate w/d.

seems like norep/serotonin agonism would make tapering a lil more speedy/worse for those who don't like coffee/stims during w/d

i think im still in bupe wd and ive barely taken much. i have a script for tramadol and i swear that makes bupe wd (for me) way better. i dont feel speedy at all, yes it is an SSRI and SNRI, also i read it is NMDA agonist. but i dont feel speedy at ALL. i get happy, my back pain goes away (thats why i have a script) and just feel WAY better. i chose tramadol because of my addiction problems, and if i had a script for norcos or something i could not control it. tramadol is something i can control. tramadol is worth a shot, at least try it, does wonders for me, for depression and all that shit. trying to taper off valium now, i havnt had suboxone in a week, and i swear i must be in wd still. today is also day one of no drinking, so that should help if i can ride that bus for a while. drinking + trying to get off benzos is stupid and does not work. you wake up hung over and you take way more benzos, at least i do. day one, no alcohol. happy st patties day. and happy hangovers, i wont have one =)

Been off bupe for 9'ish days now with the help of ultram. I dont want to make a habit from ultram but it cant be that bad. I do feel fine but some minor opiate w/d symptoms that feel like they are still leaking out from the bupe w/d but the ultram is covering and doing something more. I feel happy to which is not normal for me as of late. I am tempted to just sit on tram for month or 2. Or else I am just going to do like a 10 day taper with the ultram and no benzos, untill I stop the ultram. I really need to watch my intake of that.

Anybody ever experience strand rebound w.ds from benzos I had a 8 year habit and clean off them for 13 months till I started this bupe detox and I have been taking high doses for 2 weeks now I just cant fall back into that hell of benzo w/d. Thats why I think ultram is my best and safest thought. Plus its working

Peace,
Seedless

yes i need some more tramadol very soon im almost out. im headed to the walk in clinic. its been over a week since i have taken bupe and i cant tell if im in w.d. or not because im also tapering off valium, and running low on tramadol. tramadol does wonders for my compressed t11 vertebrate though, and bupe wd or whatever is going on with me now. and yes, it makes me happy too seedless, which is also unusual for me to be happy.

what dose are you taking by chance...? I am still figuring out the bare minimum to take. I took 5, 3, 2, 3, each days approx. Ive been on it for 6 days w/ maybe 1 day skippped. I am thinking a quick short taper with this and just ride it out or just sit back on ultram till ? and some klonopin/sleepers added in trying not to restart and I am already ready to just munch a handful a pills and say screw it, but I wont. I'd like to take a pill every other day for like a week and than jump.

Peace,
Seedless

using codeine to mitigate sub w/d

I'm getting off subs after about a year on them, after about 3 years of methadone before that and 4 years of junk use before that and I've been using OTC codeine medicine to stop the w/d.

I've found if I take 4 pills (12.8 mg ea) about 4x a day the nastiest w/d symptoms are gone, the sweats and vomit and restlessness, the fatigue is still there but anyway, I have a few questions.

1. What's it like to get off codeine? Am I going to get a codeine addiction and is it going to be just as bad?

2. How long will it take so that I'm w/ding just from the codeine and not from the subs? I tapered from around 4mg to around 1-1.5 mg within a couple months before starting the codeine but was on 8 mg before I tapered down to the 4 mg

3. Is there any significant danger from the ibuprofin in them (taking approximately 3200 mg ibuprofin spaced out over a day) I know it can give you a stomach ulcer but I'm not planning on taking these any longer than I have to, they're kinda gross and it's just to make me feel halfway decent.

1. it won't be as rough. you'll lessen the pain a lot now, and youll go through w/d again but much less (codeine is rather weak) whenever you hop off the codeine
2. very long time. by day 7 i think it'll be safe to say that you're mostly through but i'm not sure about that. its protein binding causes it to linger. it's like methadone in the sense that if you want to detoxify it's gonna take time & pain because of its duration
3. there is a technique called Cold Water Extraction which will save your liver. it's simple and fast. search for the megathread on it. i don't know if the bluelight consensus is that CWE is necessary for ibuprofen or not... anyone?