• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

I have been taking bupe 8mg, twice a day never had a high. I take percocets and don't feel a thing. Some people get high with these?

I'm with you, I've been taking 8 mg. 2 day for 2 years, not a trace of high. I take percs. for pain can't feel em.
what s drag

Welcome to Bluelight, fiston. Please be sure not to double-post, so as to avoid bumping a thread twice consecutively and flooding the thread. Use the "edit" feature to integrate your posts into one.
Buprenorphine is only a partial opiate agonist, meaning that it doesn't supply the full effect of calmness and euphoria which other opiates like morphine, codeine and heroin deliver.

Yeah, taking percocet on top of that much bupe is totally pointless. It's all being blocked.

I been on subs for three years and recently switch to the films. I swear the films are less than half the strength of the tablet. Films just sucked for me so that combined with insurance running out I have been forced to taper off subs. My way of dealing with the withdrawls is using benzos and couple bong hits in a.m. The worst is I cant sleep when withdrawling so have to knock myself out with benydryl, and benzos. Excersise helps alot getting thru it. Even if I feel like crap just go for a bike ride or something. Makes it easier to fall asleep at night. This heatwave sucks, withdrawling in 100 degrees noo good. Trying to stay hydrated and go for a ride but going to feeling like crap for next 5-7 days at least. Then when you get over the hump of that first week you start feeling better.

Btw what does the loperamide do to help withdrawls?

I have been taking bupe 8mg, twice a day never had a high. I take percocets and don't feel a thing. Some people get high with these?

Most people arent aware of this but if you get you're bupe' dose down to 2-3 mg's a day it actually helps the analgesic effects of IR opioids by greatly reducing the rebounds effects that they cause.

This is for ongoing pain only...

2mg of film is like taking a piece of paper, theres no meds in there. Those films suck. If you have the choice get the tablets. Also taking percs on top of subs doesnt work. I tried taking fent on subs and it didnt work so percs have no chance. If your in real pain better to stay off subs because it blocks the good stuff. Took me 3-4 days for it to wear off for my last surgery. They giving me dilaudid and percs and not working because subs were still lurking in my system. Eventually you can break thru the sub barrier but it takes high dose frequently of something strong like dil, fents, those percs too weak to break thru subs.

yes, ive felt on top of the world since i started taking 2mg bupe. Im meant to be using them to taper off opis, but i think im gonna find it hard to let them go.

Ya welcome to the club haaa. 2mg easy to taper of, its those 16mg doses that funk you up. Never understand why some doctors go soo high with it then others are soo tight ass. Subs should be OTC detox meds and doctors making fedral case out of it. It all about the money, even generic sub is almost same price as regular. I been back and forth with subs and opiates doctors never helped me with nothing. I go to the street pharmacy before surgery lol ya sure give me my perc 5 thanks for nothing. Now I take some real meds. I swear my neighborhood have stronger meds than the hospital, or the doctors are hoarding it for themself dr. House style.

I have been on 8mg of subs for 2 yrs and while it has honestly gotten me 100% clean it has made me completely unmotivated, gave me add, and made me lose sight of what is important in life. Not to mention getting lower than 8mg has been very unpleasant. So I recently decided to go back to the methadone clinic and wow I must say I feel like my old self again. I have energy, I'm talkative and have a social life again, and I am stable at 30mg and even that has me way to sedated at times so in going to go lower when i see them tomorrow. When I first got on methadone 50mg barely held me and now 30mg is too powerful. Has anyone else noticed that tapering is easier with methadone bc I honestly feel it is. I went from 50mg to 30mg in 3 months to get into suboxone my first stint on methadone and it was a breeze. Then while I was on suboxone for 2 years I got from 12mg to 4mg 2x day and I just wasn't motivated to go lower it's like I lost site of my ultimate goal to be clean of all opiates.

Last edited:
That methadone some nasty stuff. The clinics here in nyc look like central booking. Grimey, soo much I rather go thru couple weeks of hell then go on meth. Subs are too dam expensive but work way better than meth.

Opiates like heroin are notoriously worse on your sex drive. A lot of people function pretty normally sexually on bupe, but even if not at normal levels, much better than being on a full opiate.

My sex drive was non-existent on Buprenorphine, Suboxone especially. Subutex was a little better, but actual opiates, I was functional.

What no sex drive you crazy, I go balistic. Fuk subs and paying $300-400 a month and these bitch ass doctors. I going to turn the corner soon on these wds. Soon as my sleep comes back to normal the streets not going to be safe. I def pay my old doctor a visit an chin check that idiot. He try telling me no more tabs this an that. Ya I going see him. Maybe other dope friendly states getting all these generics. The pharmacies in nyc dont want to deal with any sub of any kind. So I keep my money and doctor can forclose on his boat after I shatter his jawbone walking to work.

^ lol MY NICCA.

just dont catch a case!
man, I fucking caved today and shot 2mg earlier and 1mg just now. Also scored 30 300mg neurontins..
ate 10 of those and they went together quite well with the subutex.

Ya bro I move in the shadows lol. Subs can mix up nice with bunch of diff combos. Just dont waste any real opiates till the subs are gone. I about to go to bx an get nice, will power will it work?

My sex drive was non-existent on Buprenorphine, Suboxone especially. Subutex was a little better, but actual opiates, I was functional.

I agree. Idk why, maybe the long half-life just depletes your sex drive or what? Everybody is different. But I agree, sex drive was much better when I was on full agonists.

There may be more to it than meds, I just saying. Stress, economy have equal effect on sex drive to opiates. For me opiates no problem, she got a problem lol. Coke does me dirty, can't do that and freakiedeek.

just feel a need to throw this out there, as many people don't seem to realize this fact...buprenorphine is NOT the only ingredient in suboxone. it is combined with naloxone (an opioid antagonist) to create suboxone. bupe gets a bad rap by itself (mostly because people are too lazy to distinguish it from subs), when most of the time, folks are talking about their bad experiences with subs.

Ya I never liked the naloxone part of subs. Not sure whst pure bup is like but must be alot better. Tried switching to subutex because I told doctor not really feeling good on naloxone. His redicilous answer was subutex was too dangerous and I could od without naloxone lol. I told him it would take insane amounts of subutex for me to od and he also knew my huge tolerance. These doctors suck in nyc and I seen a bunch in my life here in every bourough. I think they on more drugs than anyone else, crooked ass medical system of nyc. I do better at the street pharmacy and handle my own business.

I have to say I haven't had my suboxone for over 9 days now, 8 mg IVed daily for years. I just CT it using lopermide(25-50 mg daily) and clonidine and to be honest the ONLY WD I have slightly noticed was lack of energy. Ill take that any day of the week. Lopermide and clonidine are fuckjng fantastic paired together. I have used lopermide in the past with great success to allow stave off WDs, I guess I'm rather lucky in that lopermide works so great for me in that regard.

It's said that the max ceiling for bupe is comparable to around 60-100 mg of Oxy and to jump ship at that dose would cause hell. I stopped taking the lopermide around day 6 of no sub, and no WDs at all. I feel perfectly normal.

But honestly the WDs from bupe are no where near as intense as full AG, relative to me.