• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

suboxone withdrawal

I have been on suboxone for almost three years. I was down to an 8th of a pill, an 8mg one, so 1 mg of a tablet a day when I decided i had enough of going to the clinic every month to get them. so i quit cold turkey. this was two weeks ago. i still have dirrehea, severe anxiety, can't sleep at night, at times uncontrolled crying, lethargy, terrible muscle aches, and am extremely irritable. its like moderate heroin withdrawals. which, i have decided that i would rather be really sick for three to five days than feel like this for who knows how long? does anyone have any idea how long this withdrawal is going to last? i started out on three 8mg pills 3 years ago, then down to an 8th, then decided to kick. maybe its a bad idea. all ive been thinking about is how easy it would be to "get better" but i'm not going through all this for nothing. I've come too far.

Please respond with any comments on how long i'll be feeling like a bucket of fuck.

thanks.

This is probably suited for other drugs (was posted in the 'ecstasy pill' section)

Moving to OD -

if I was on subs that long I would probably taper down to less than .25 mg and then gradually skip days to where I was dosing like every 3 days or something

I am sure you are through the worst of it. Did you take any other opiates during that 3 year span?

I would say take some norcos or something but that would defeat the purpose of all your hard work.

maybe take a valium or something

good luck

i read on here everyone says call ur dr yeaa ok... u guys must have cool drs mine told me to shove it up my ass and im not allowed to have anything now thanks.:D hes a dipshit

Speaking for myself (coming off 13 years of prescribed 0.2 Buprenorphine) my doctor was of little help. Reading what others had been through, trying some of their solutions and just knowing it was 'normal' to have all the withdrawal symptoms were more helpful.

10 weeks now and I am not having to get up every night! It really does feel like I have 'turned the corner'.

For anyone going through the awful withdrawal symptoms I would say it DOES get better . . . as each day passes the change may only be small but, for me anyway, each week has made a big difference to how I feel.

why wasn't i told of any of this by my doctor., shit i thought i could take this to kick the oxy habit..not knowing i had to go thru freakin withdrawal down the
road! this sucks! i just started these suboxen, 3rd day now., i think i am going to ask doc for methadone, this shit is nasty, and if i am going to experience
withdraw wtf i might as well make it worth it, i hate this suboxen, it makes me cranky and lifeless!!

why wasn't i told of any of this by my doctor., shit i thought i could take this to kick the oxy habit..not knowing i had to go thru freakin withdrawal down the
road! this sucks! i just started these suboxen, 3rd day now., i think i am going to ask doc for methadone, this shit is nasty, and if i am going to experience
withdraw wtf i might as well make it worth it, i hate this suboxen, it makes me cranky and lifeless!!

Just be prepared to possibly feel 10 times worse down the road if you replace Mdone' for Bupe'...

Kinda wondering if this is the right place to post. I've been reading the posts here and it's been very helpful. I'm on 16mg of suboxone, and I plan to reduce over the next 4-5 weeks. I've been on it for 18 months now. But I just got accepted into film school, and it starts 6 february, so I'd like to be off it and going reasonably ok by then. I see my doc on tuesday. We have talked about me coming off it around this time, so we'll have to talk about what to do exactly. I don't want to come off it too quickly so I'm thinking ahead about the plan and wondering if you guys think it sounds reasonable to present it to my doc. So I was thinking about reducing it by 2mg every day until I reach 2mg, then stay there for a week, then 1mg for a week, 0.5mg for a week, 0.25mg for a week, then off it around 8th of January. I'm sure my doc will have his own ideas about it, but it's something I wanna be fully informed about, if ya know what I mean. So I can make it as painless as possible, even though I know I'll experience some withdrawal. I'll try and get some valium. I have clonidine, but I'll try and get some more. Some magnesium, vitamins. I've been through precipitated withdrawal before, and that was a totally brutal experience. I'm comforting myself knowing that it shouldn't be as bad as that. Hopefully!!

Anyhow, would really appreciate your feedback, if I should get anything else to help, or any other ideas about tapering.

Thanks,
TeeCee.

^^^ Personally I think that is way to fast and the drops are too big at the begining and end. I would make it 2 weeks at each level and drop by .25 mg once you get under a millgram.

Cool, thanks. I'll try and spread it out more if I can, tho I'm trying to avoid being in withdrawal while I'm back at school too. Maybe I could really spread it out and come off it altogether during mid-semester break.

I went thru suboxone withdrawl once.. I was in 10th grade, And i had gotten into a huge fight with my parents, got kicked out stayed at my grandparents. well i was using subs for 4 monthes and i dident have a script, i bought em off my neighbor at my parents. well i had nothing for 2 weeks while at my grandparents. except pot to help sleep. anyways, the depression is bad and the chills are also.. but once 2 weeks wasup and i moved back home i used sum again and felt good as fuck.

I find that it's super easy to taper down from any amount of suboxone to around 6 mg. you can jump from 16, to 8 IME with no problem, I wouldn't bother even tapering with that jump. than from 8 to 6 it gets a little harder but still a relative walk in the park, your not going to experience any major withdrawal or at least i didn't. adjusting to four mg took a little longer, and its probably good to stay on that dose for 2 weeks before tapering further. I read that buprenorphine is detected in urine and feces up to 14 days after use, so I give it that much time to shed that extra suboxone from our higher dosages before moving on. Under four mg it gets a bit harder, and I would suggest not jumping down to two mg all at once, but going to three instead. Jumping from three to two mg was by far the hardest IMO. Just wait it out for four days though and you'll start adjusting to the two mg. I experienced some minor withdrawal at this point (insomnia, chills, anxiety, depression). Jumping to 1 mg was not so bad for me actually (I've been on it for five days now, and am adjusted). I think it was easier cause i heard everyone on forums saying tapering under 2 mg is when it gets hard, but for me, it was actually easier than going from 3 mg to 2 mg. I think I'm going to now stay on this dose for two weeks and then taper down to .5 mg/day.

by the way, once you get to 4 mg and under, i find breaking your dosage up into two dosages is really helpful. I don't think I could have ever gotten to 1 mg/day by single dosages

Thanks Znegative.

I reckon I'm going to try and taper down over 3 or 4 months now. I think it's best. When I really think about it I really don't have to hurry myself about it. And if it means I'm on a low dose while I'm at film school then so be it. It's better than punishing myself trying to get off it quickly. I can come off it completely during school break, or even mid-year if I really want to stretch it out. I've had lots of bouts of depression too in the past - don't want to aggravate that as well.

I'm worried about this too. I start outpatient today, they are also prescribing subs. I am taking 2mg/day, i have been for about 2 weeks now. how long can i stay on this to maximize my recovery (ie no relapse, get my affairs in order, etc) but not TOO long that I experience month long withdrawals. Because if thats the case i might as well do it now and sort out my life with out it....i just fear not having this safety net and relapsing. like today i'm having some pretty bad cravings, and i know as soon as i take subs it'll go away. BUT i know down the road if i do too much sub i'm going to have withdrawals and cravings anyway...sooooo yeah should i already start trying to lower my dose? Should i just hop off of it? i probably could've after detox but i'm an idiot and took the extras he gave me...

I'm wondering something similar. I've been on 2mg a day for about a month but I've been noticing lately that I've been slowly getting more and more withdrawal symptoms everyday. When will I need to raise my dose? And will I need to keep raising the dose?

Man, these doses you guys are on are scary high, its no wonder your w/d are hell. I couldn't imagine being on 4mg, let alone 8mg+ a day...