• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GBL/ GHB withdrawal HELP

WARNING!

Do NOT use Phenibut to taper!

I am currently undergoing withdrawals from Pheniut so please excuse this ramble.

This is torture!

I felt sick all night and vomited and delusional.

I did abuse it tho - so my fault.

So I repeat my warning... do not use pheniut. You're better off tapering off GBL especially since it's shorter acting.

Feeling very cold now...

And just taken delivery of more pheniut... I'm cursing myself.

WARNING!

Do NOT use Phenibut to taper!

I am currently undergoing withdrawals from Pheniut so please excuse this ramble.

This is torture!

I felt sick all night and vomited and delusional.

I did abuse it tho - so my fault.

So I repeat my warning... do not use pheniut. You're better off tapering off GBL especially since it's shorter acting.

Feeling very cold now...

And just taken delivery of more pheniut... I'm cursing myself.

Just taken it...

Damn it.

2 hr onset. Probably black out.

Or will have an absence seizure (walking sleep).

Damn it. Woah is me.

Due to go out tonight, too.

Don't do it - folks.

You'll freeze.

FYI i've been taking like 4-5 gms.

Confused.

Help!

Getting worse.

Do have a little gbl left. Not much. Like about 20ml.

Split it to 1.5m doses.

It's not working tho.

Help!

Have got pregabalin and baclofen on order. Hopefully it will come soon - sat or maybe mon - tues.

Help...

Feeling nauseous.

And before you ask - cannot taper pheni.

Feeling a little better - probably because I fed my addiction.

Perhaps I can taper off after all?

The problem is... I always can when I've just taken a dose.

:D

Just to put an end to the last few posts about Phenibut.

Firstly, most of the effects were in effect an overdose, and not and withdrawal, as such. Time moving slowly, taking nothing in, staring at a screen without really seeing it - akin to a high dose of valium.

So in the end I decided to kick it cold turkey. When all hell broke loose.

I don't know whether you've experienced the classic Alcoholic DT's or even a GHB or Benzo version but a Phenibut abruby cessation also carries it's own major delirium. It took enough diazepam to knock out a horse to slow me down in the end.

I'm not a religious person: My delirium had nothing to do with angels and gates of the hell - but rather a SciFi tinted version of a futurustic multiverse :)

It's amazing what the mind can come up with when it has no controls in place. I'm throught it all now. Back on a slow baclofen taper - so please guys don't use Phenibut.

Ugh, 4-5 grams of phenibut? That must have been horrible... too much phenibut truly, truly sucks.

I used phenibut in high doses daily for about a year a while back. I certainly had withdrawals, but I found them entirely anxiety-related. I had tremendous, horrible, soul-crushing anxiety for about a week, but there was nothing particularly physical about it

I'd much rather face phenibut withdrawal than G withdrawal. But I think that, if used responsibly, it could certainly help someone to get off GHB/GBL, without producing its own problem.

Of course, "responsibly" is the key word here... one probably doesn't get addicted to it in the first place if one is good at that sort of thing.

Responsibility.... yep. That's the problem with anything addictive. And Phenibut is one of the worst I've yet to experience with such a nasty tolerance / withdrawal profile.

Now that I'm back on an Acamprosate/Baclofen taper things seem to be going ok for now.

If you're desperate Phenibut is widely available - but just please take care. These GABA receptors can take a while to get back on track. Best not to mess with your neurotransmitters in the first place -- and follow the instructions. Small doses, with a few days "wash out".

Unfortunately if you're always chasing the high along with Phenibuts long onset of action it's just going to cause problems. I just wanted to warn people to think twice about using this particular route.

Delerium isn't fun. It's not like a classic trip. It can be damned dangerous. And then you've got the resultant depression to deal with.

Out of the two withdrawals (GBL and Phenibut) I'd say GBL was probably the worst, but not by much. Phenibut was similar.

Just stay away from GABAergics and Benzos if you can. I'm sure there's nicer ways to get high!

Final Footnote: My original "solution" - Pregabalin and Baclofen - worked wonders. It's just a shame I even got carried away with that.

There's nothing wrong with using phenibut to taper, just use appropriate dosages and actually lower your dose, don't take 5 grams :(

I'm surprised that people really find it that recreational, I bought some a long time ago and tried to use it for opiate withdrawals and would occasionally have a beer or two with it. The first time I took it it was pretty good, I was drinking with my friends and had a pretty good time. Every time I took it after that was nothing special though. It took too long to kick in and the duration was insane, it's nowhere near as abusable as GHB and friends.

i used this method to come off an 8 month, 60 ml/day habit:

instead of reducing the dosage a little every time,, try reducing the amount of time between doses.
ex:
if you usually take a dose every 3 hours then try this schedule:

dose 1 - wait 3hrs - dose 2 - wait 3 hrs - dose 3 - wait 3 hrs 15 min - dose 4 - wait 3 hrs 15 min - dose 5 - wait 3 hrs 30 min - dose 6 - wait 3 hrs - 30 min - and so on and so on. (adjust the time intervals to your own habit of course.)

I like this method a lot better because previously when i would attempt reduce the size of the dose sometimes it wouldnt be enough and then i would just spend the next 3 hrs "needing" a dose:|.

I know what your going through mate, been there myself. I hope its an option for you to go to the doctors and get a valium prescription. without that stuff i dont think id be here typing this.

also as mentioned diphenhydramine is a big help, though i have a strong tolerance so i was doing around 300mg to aid sleep.

The first three days are the worst of it, it gets better from there.

Baclofen and/or Pregabalin for GBL withdrawal

I finally had the chance to try bac and preg for gbl withdrawal, after hitting the G 24/7 for three plus weeks straight.

Both work independently, or together. After taking a sleep dose with some booze the other night (around 3ml and a few shots of scotch) I was out for 4-5 hours. I woke up with extreme anxiety and drenched in sweat.

I took 90mg baclofen and 600mg pregabalin, and the symptoms went within 40 mins, then I slept like a baby til morning, felt great on awakening, and went to work.

Sipped a half bottle of vodka throughout the day, and didn't have any more g withdraw symptoms.

If you're looking at a g withdrawal in the future, I can't recommend strongly enough stocking up on baclofen or pregabalin first. You'll be glad you did.

Also, both will give their own highs at different doses, and will give a nice sense of well being, and warmth too.

I'm building up a collection of tonics to combat the worst of booze and g withdrawals, so I'm never subjected to hangovers or g overs again.

Done this, been there.

AND I TOTALLY DISAGREE with getting rid of all your gbl 14b, that can be lethal.

From every hour or hour and a half dosing (round the clock, if like most people you know your totally fucked when you go to sleep with 7 or 8 measured doses in cups of water ready to drink each time you snap awake at night when it wears off)

From this situation, i tapered to about 15 grams of 14B thru the day and night, then about 1ml every two hours so i was getting high, just not shaky. after about a week i was down to 5 ml a day and got a script for valium and took heaps the first day with no G to know it was possible. i think i had one more dose after that to get to sleep one night, a few more valium over the next few days and the seemingly crazy addiction was gone. just like vortex 30 said. taper. benzos. etc. PS i had a friend drop round the 14B each day and had a little stash of my own before i gave it all back to him, cause i knew hed drop me too fast.

just prioritise. but if you cant get valium, then make it your number one goal to find it NO MATTER WHAT. go from doctor to doctor, dealer to dealer and have cash on hand when theres a will theres a way. it will make all the difference.

once you got valium or baclofen, then start the taper, with a friends support.
problem solved.

hi

can u plz tell me the name of the ginseng you were taking? i just recently starting getting these withdrawals in the past few days sweating, anxiety, etc. thank you

Just go cold turkey and take it if you dont have used too long. I have used gbl 24/7 for 4 months now. I have used 10-25ml everyday. I first tried to taper it down but it failed and got out of control raelly easily. Three days ago i thought fuck it, im gonna go cold turkey and lets see what happens. My last dose was 2ml and 3 hours after that symptoms hitted, and they hitted hard. I started shaking, vomiting, crying and everything you could think of. This was monday morning. On monday night i had 2x diapam+one dose of phenibut to get sleep. It worked better than i thought and i actually had some sleep, couple of 2 hour naps. Next morning i vomited and shaked again, i drinked some beer between whole day. like 8-pack and i had 1 diapam+ half dose of phenibut for sleep. Last night was already much better, i slept in two periods, 4h and 3h. Now today my body is feeling quite good and i have eated and not vomited at all. But depression have hitted hard and i am bit anxious. For next night im gonna try to get natural sleep. Good luck for everybody and happy new year.

Please anyone any clear guidelines for getting off this with phenibut and whether to use tapering gbl with it oor just the phenibut and when to use what measurement capsules or powder so I can order from mind nutrition. I have to avoid side effects for the following reasons, I had started to taper-but......I have had to up my dose as after someone else got into difficulty they needed to move in! I am trying to keep GBL at same level but it's interfering as it wears off. I have no idea how much phenibut to use and how to dose it, any ideas? I currently have a free sample of 10 500mg capsules and am taking only GBL 1 and a quarter ml every 2 and a quarter 2 and a half hours, trying to go 3 hour and make the gaps longer, seems very hard to taper and function as I am dealing with professionals at all sides and serious housing and social sh*t. I don't know what to get from mindnutrition dot com any idea of I should get the powder, any advice so that I can get off it and not worry about conking out in front of my guest. I just want to take the phenibut and know if to taper or mix with the gbl or not and try and do it as reasonably quikly as poss without getting rebound on the phenibut (they said it hapens every 5 days or so at mind nutrition). Any advice appreciated as I am running lower the gbl longer I use it, so going to put this on the thread for help also as really worried about this young person picking up on it and scarpering. Can't do anything noticeable or use alcohol. Appreciate advice in time to order phenibut and get delivered online asap. Thanks. I used to us diazepan 10mg and have some zopiclone but i have run out of the diazepam and the online store closed down so just have the gbl and zopiclone 7.5 which I can break in half - I have 21 of those.

Also Treacle your inbox is full so could not reply to your message.

I am really panicking as I need to use every 2 hours, am trying to elongate gaps between doses as previous poster advised to taper, but am rattling and shaking even approaching the 2 hours when I take 1.5mls. It's bedtime now and I don't know whether to try 2 zopiclone and a small dose of gbl to try and induce 5 hours of sleep and hope to elongate the gap between doses further. I just don't want it to become noticeable and I am in touch with professionals negotiating legal issues and social and educational issues. This was all unexpected. I really need help as in desperation I have posted in another forum but been warned off phenibut and told to go in huse detox or GP which is not an option for me. I am just sorry I had no idea my previus source for obtaining benzo's had closed down, otherwise I never would have risked the use without the back up. I suppose if I can get through this at least the cycle will end now as without the benzo's and with a dependant here I am never going to be in this position again. It was unexpected and I am frustrated at not being able to get everything done that I really badly need to do due to the effects of the GBL. I have also been sent 10 tablets of Picamilon, which I wondered if anyone had experience of? I need to order before the weekend if possible so any advice on nootropic or OTC things I can dose with helpful. I will try to get some vit B zinc and magnesium as well as 100mg of 5-HTP 3 times a day, I have to go now I am starting to rattle. I bl@@dy hate this! Never again now I know no benzo's on hand :( made me realise the full horrors without them I feel totally trapped and could handle it if I could suffer it on my own it's the inability to get it done and out of the way due to having someone here, and having to continue that is making me more anxious.

ANY advice on the phenibut or anything really apreciated you guys are usually quite supportive and I need it more now than ever!