• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GBL/ GHB withdrawal HELP

Thanks again

I am going to sleep good tonight and then start a strict tapering off tomorrow. It is going to be a hard few months I am just glad I have some people here that know what I am going through. It seems all my friends either have this addiction or one of their own. So they have been no help at all and I have always fallen right back on the bandwagon. Thanks again and wish me luck.. it is going to be a tough couple of months.

I got the cure and with me was very easy

Hi there

I don't know if this is important for you but I would like to share with u my experience with GBL, I have been using the drug for the last 6 months in the last 4 months every single day, around 10-15 shots of 2mls a day.
As u get used to take it, your body ask for more and more, I could not sleep well anymore and one night I was desperate to sleep took to much G and collapsed, after collapse I decided leave the GBL.
I stopped for just 4 hours and start to feel sick, get nervous, anxious, with hands and foots sweating! I had hallucinations and was not even able to got in the shop to buy food, anyway, I could vomit only in to look to a meal! By 16 hour without a shot, my hearth beat was going faster and faster, I started to have visual and audio hallucinations more intense , and really thought I would die, it was a horrible feeling! I went to the Internet to search the cure but nobody seemed to know and the things that I read was make me even more desperate. Then I took a shot of G, I decided to beak at once would be to hard for my body after 6 months using it! Like magic in less the 3 mins my hearth got normal I started to feel hunger, hands and feet dried and was feeling very well! I decided to myself then that the next shot would be in at least 18 hours, if I could not stop I would slow it down and cheat the drug!
Then I had a idea, I went to the kitchen I made a very strong camomile tea, as I knew soon I would get very anxious again! soon I tried to calm me myself down as much as possible, I took 2 capsules of 5HTP(100mg), one of ginseng every 6 hours, from this moment on in stead of water I was drinking cups and more cups of camomile made very strong, I thought it would keep me calm so I could wait longer till the next shot! from this moment one i had no withdrawsl at all!
The thing worked so good that I did not get anxious anymore, I got even sleep at night around 6 hours and in the next day the only symptom still left was hand shaking, the shaking got less during the day and now is gone ,36 hours after my last shot, I am completely relaxed, happy and don't have any need to take GBL again, i am feeling so well that i think i will sleep the whole night without any pill ! I just feel like I never took G in my life!
Just though it could be useful for anyone, as it worked out for me! And even the bag of the tea u can put in the eyes so u don't look so trashed the next day!
If u are the kind fo guy who dont believe natural products cant help, believe, i always underestimated it too, but it was all that i found here in my kitchen and really saved my life!

Last edited:
Hurtingbad... it's really too bad that you decided to start taking klonopin, as withdrawal from that is much worse than withdrawal from GBL. Good luck. You will need to taper from the klonopin, since going cold turkey from that is most definitely dangerous.

And to the person who said that G withdrawals are only psychological and not physical... how did you arrive at that conclusion? That's just plain incorrect.

Still at it

The klonopins I just got prescribed to and the ambiens are to help with the anxiety and the sleeplessness that comes along with backing off from the g. I have been taking the klonopins for over six months now and there are several times where I will go a week or so without even having one and I do not have anywithdrawals from it. G is a different story the withdrawals are PAINFUL make me sick, Physcological, and most definitely physical. My mind can not even think correctly anymore when I do not take at least a little bit of the g and I am hurting all over.

I have had a horrific GBL withdrawal in the past. It was four days off hell, convinced that my family were weak and needed protecting (also other such general paranoia, fear and dread), I was sweating horriffically, hallucinating, and tactile sensations were disorted - my skin felt rlike sandpaper and oil, my hair felt like it was literally just going to start snapping (like teeny uncooked spagghetti). I couldn't see properly, I couldn't sleep, I was terrified of everything.

Got through it without a doctor and although I still use daily, I give my body nights off, and take a break every now and again. I haven't had a withdrawal or even a comedown since (although, incidently, this coincided with starting SSRI treatment).

hurtingbad - u need to stop blowing off wat xorkoth and i r saying about clonazepam
clonazepam has an extremely long half-life as benzodiazepines go - the longest after diazepam - and u can go for something like 72hrs (i think), although maybe u hav a slower metabolism and it lasts longer for u
that or maybe u r one of the rare ppl who dont get physically addicted to benzos - they r out there but they r rare

i wud also bet that the fact ur taking G is helping mask any benzo withdrawal

like frank said u can tell ur boss etc that ur going to detox for alcohol wd - its legal so doesnt hav the same stigma
lying isnt the best thing to do of course but sometimes its better to lie than to end up more fucked up than u r already

u cud also just say ur sick and need to go to hospital for a couple of weeks or something (standard amount of time u go in for benzo detox)
up to u tho - ur life :\

gd luck watever avenue u decide to take, just get it done soon eh!

Me. Again.

Baclofen worked great, until it run out. This was prescribed with Acamprosate, BTW, which acts on GABA-A.

Basically, after leaving the Baclofen I started drinking heavily, to get that feeling back. I think the GBL was self-medicating to fight an underlying depression / anxiety and all these GABA drugs seem to work the same way.

The withdrawals can be bad. Hallucinations, tremors, depression... Don't take this the wrong way, but delirium/hallucinations can be fun in a weird way, like a trip, but definately not once they turn bad :(

Any way, what do people think about other drugs like Pregabalin or the earlier Gabapentin? These are also GABAinergic, so should work - like the Baclofen does?

And L-Theanine... a precursor to GABA ? Any good?

I'm too scared to see a psychiatrist. My first withdrawal from GBL - going cold turkey - was actually because the dosing became so bad that a "normal" dose was not enough to beat the withdrawals. Basically, dosing any more would result in passing out - so I was experiencing major withdrawals even while taking GBL. Bad. It ended up with me being sectioned (UK readers might understand) and held in Psychiatric Intensive Care - with the major blood pressure problems associated with GBL withdrawal being a large part of that.

So in short GABA is the key. Fight that in your own way, with Valium, Baclofen, or whatever, and it should be OK. But if you end up being depressed or suffering from anxiety later - any help with that without having to see a psychiatrist?

So anyone playing with GBL/GHB - take it carefully. It's a fun drug, and it can help you as a social facilitator in a big way, but it can also bite you on the arse if you fall into it's daily grasp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for this discussion. And for those in the same boat, I symphasise - I really do!

Hey folks. I have developed a GBL addiction that I am now trying to get rid of and was wondering if anyone experienced with a similar usage level could give me some advice. I have read extensively about GBL withdrawal and am having a really hard time figuring out exactly what I am in for...you see, I have sort of a strange dosing routine. I'm not quite 24/7 strictly speaking but it has gotten out of control. It is something like this:

1am: 3ml puts me to sleep

5am: 3ml puts me back to sleep

12pm: 1.5ml has me feeling good during the afternoon

6pm: 1.5ml has me feeling good during the evening

So I'm going through about 9ml a day and have been at this pace for 3-4 weeks. The thing is, I absolutely cannot sleep without it! I have had issues with insomnia my whole life and have prescriptions for trazodone and lunesta, but they seem to be completely ineffective (as is diphenhydramine) now that my body has come to expect g-induced sleep. I also take wellbutrin every morning for depression (along with paxil) which seems to help reduce my cravings to use during the day somewhat. However, if I don't use any G during the day at all, by around 9:00pm at night (so 16 hours after my last dose) I start to feel very anxious and start trembling to the point where I need to take a 1.5ml dose to feel normal again. I ordered a product called relax-all that contains valerian root and phenibut to help with withdrawals and that should be here tomorrow.

So...how exactly do I do this? Do I just use the phenibut-valerian root combo for a couple of days and then I'm good to go? Should I taper down my dosage of gbl first? What can I expect in terms of getting some sleep? I feel kindof confused right now (I am trying to taper down at the moment) and would very much appreciate if someone could explain things to me step by step. Thanks much

The simplest way to get clean is to taper off your dose. It looks like you know your schedule quite well, which puts you ahead of the game. Week one, drop each dose by 1/2 mL. Once that dose feels 'normal', do it again. And again. And again. Until there isn't much point in taking it at all.

You will probably have to train yourself to sleep without GBL. Luckily with a taper you'll have time to get gradually accustomed to sleeping sober. Once you've completely stopped taking it, you can try melatonin to reset your internal clock, but remember that it's subtle. You won't feel really sleepy, but if you time it right you should have an easier time falling asleep about 30-45 minutes after dosing. Don't take melatonin for more than a couple of weeks consecutively though, or you'll be doing more harm than good.

Good sleep hygiene helps as well. Take some time (once you're sober) to find out when your circadian rhythm wants you to go to sleep. You'll notice that you'll feel a bit more tired at certain times of the day, usually on a 90 minute cycle. If you time your bedtime to one of the sleepier points in the cycle, you'll have an easier time. Don't use your bed for anything but sleep (or sex). Once you've figured out when to go to bed, go to bed at the same time every night. If you don't fall asleep after 30-45 minutes, get up and do something else. Read, watch TV, but don't use the computer: the bright light of the monitor will keep you up. Since you're further back from the TV, you don't get that effect.

Good luck, and feel free to ask any other questions if you need.

Hey Dave, thanks for your response. One thing I am worried about now is the fact that I'm on Wellbutrin. There has been some speculation that taking wellbutrin and gbl at the same time makes gbl withdrawal MUCH worse...however, I also feel as if taking my wellbutrin in the morning is helping me not crave gbl as much during the day. Also, you mentioned that I know my schedule quite well. I don't think I do, actually...that was more of an estimate from the past 2 or 3 days when I have been feeling admittedly below average and trying to limit my dosing. My addiction really crept up on me in the sneakiest way, I mean I got a bottle of 250ml 3-4 weeks ago and I just recently realized that I've been going through it at an alarming rate. There's probably about 75ml left I would guess. I don't think that's enough to taper down over weeks and weeks unless I go ahead and order more...which I really don't want to do.

I've been reading various things about phenibut online. Some people seem to swear by it, saying that using it in the right amount can completely get rid of gbl withdrawals. But use it for too long and it seems to have dependency potential of its own. Of course, what I want to get off gbl as quickly as possible and as safely as possible. I'd like to think I can handle the physical withdrawals without too much of a problem if I use phenibut wisely...supposedly the physical withdrawals only last for 48 hours or so, right? Psychologically, though, I already am prone to anxiety and depression and can't really afford to have a mental breakdown right now because I'm at university. At the same time, I know my gbl addiction can't go on any further because I'm not getting quality sleep and am having memory issues as a result, which negatively affects my grades. Ach, it seems as though I've really gotten myself into a bad mess this time...

The one thing that gives me some relief is exercise, and I've started running a couple of miles every day to help me stay sane without gbl. I want to know how to use this phenibut stuff that's coming in the mail tomorrow because it really seems to help some people who are struggling with gbl addiction to get clean. As I understand it, it helps with the gaba related withdrawal symptoms that are problematic with discontinuing gbl use. What about the dopamanergic withdrawal symptoms though? Are those going to be even more problematic than usual because I'm also taking wellbutrin? Should I stop taking my wellbutrin?

Your replies are greatly appreciated as I'm more or less freaking out about this now...don't know what is best for me to do...eep

The safest thing to do is taper. Listen to your body. You want to dose on a maintenance schedule only, so that you don't feel withdrawals, but also don't feel high. Then gradually decrease the dose. If the wellbutrin is messing with the process, then compensate. Perhaps try taking tiny doses throughout the day, and then gradually decrease the frequency?

Exercise is great! Keep it up. Personally I feel pretty wary about taking something to help detox from something else, but if you give the taper a really serious try, then perhaps a taper aided with phenibut would help. Just remember the first rule of buying things online: caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.

I would not recommend tapering with GHB if you can avoid it. If you have access to drugs like gabapentin, pregabalin, baclofen, barbiturates (phenobarbitone in particular) and benzodiazepines (diazepam is the gold standard) you can use these as a substitute to taper. As has been said, phenibut can be immensely helpful. FYI all these drugs work on the GABA neurotransmitter system, just as GHB and GBL do and so attenuate WD symptoms and neurotoxicity caused by WD (which is a real concern BTW, which excludes the cold turkey method of detoxification). Another concern is a possible imbalance of PH in your body if you have been abusing GBL. You need to realise that the initial rebound symptoms upon discontinuation will be very severe, but will peter out in time, so it is important to be strong. You can do it and not give up, I know you can. You have all our support.

And to the person who said that G withdrawals are only psychological and not physical... how did you arrive at that conclusion? That's just plain incorrect.

He probably read all the factually incorrect articles circulated around the net before anyone really knew much about this substance which glamorised the substance and made it out to be a miracle substance. A remember one article that actually called it 'liquid gold' because they claimed it was completely perfect and would not cause addiction or other problems. These articles spout misinformation to vulnerable people and cause a lot of grief.

Last edited:
Swim has been through a major GBL withdrawal before, including being sectioned and hospitalised. This involved him having major delusions and tremors, sweats, high (read: dangerous) blood pressure and more. It was touch and go for a while. In fact Swim would have continued using indefinitely, but his tolerance became so bad he was suffering withdrawals even at the high levels of intake where he would become unconcious. Basically, the dose required to feel "ok" would knock him out.

After release Swim had no intention of ever touching the stuff again. But, again, after a lengthy tapering course of Baclofen and Acamprosate (Gaba-b and -a agonists) he returned to the chemical.

You see, after the course of meds had finished Swim was fine for a while, but then turned to drink - as in litre bottles of vodka - to combat his anxiety and panic attacks and stress. Before using GBL he had never drunk heavily, so he theorised it must have been his GABA receptors crying out ?

Anyway, Swim decided he couldn't go on like this, drinking so heavily, so he thought he'd try a small bottle of GBL. It worked, and he used it responsibility. But after a month or so he had returned to daily, 24-7 use (1.5ml a hr). Using it to sleep, and to get through the day. It put him in an almost manic mode for a while, much preferable to his usual shy, non-talkative self. The usual social-anxiety cause of GBL use for self-medication...

Anyway, vowing to get back off, he discovered his tolerance and habituation were probably still raised from his previous problem many months ago. And he was back in the troublesome stage.

So he ordered some Baclofen from an online pharmacy. It kind of worked, but he was taking it with the GBl. Bad news.

Then he read about Pregabalin.

This stuff was amazing. It completely erased most of the GBL withdrawal symptoms.

Swim tells me he went cold turkey, just using Pregabalin at around the 150mg range every 4-6 hours then tapering back down after a couple of weeks. He also ramped that up as neccessary, and sometimes used some Baclofen to combat tremors.

Pregabalin is amazing, and quite cheap too from his online source.

Apparently here in the UK it's legal to buy in meds that are not controlled, but not to sell them. So it's maybe a grey area, but Swim didn't care. He just loved that it worked, and for now, a low dose fo Pregabalin keeps him well and truly balanced.

Swim knows he needs to see a psychiatrist at some point at get some proper, prescribed meds but Pregabalin / Lyrica is amazing and it just works.

And as for the highs described in this post, Swim can confirm that it does do that, and only needs a dosage of about 450mg or so. However, since Swim loved the Gabaergic feel of GBL he doesn't really want to go there :)

Pregabalin is amazing. It's just that it will be more than likely rescheduled because of the reports coming out, which will be a shame. If you are buying it stock up so you have at least enough to taper off if it becomes more difficult to obtain.

color me intrigued.....i too have struggled with gbl/ghb habituation issues, never drank before, now it sounds good......have used phenibut and baclofen to interrupt the 24/7 cycle with great success, and yeah, mixing the two or three is a TERRIBLE idea......i think GABA B is very plastic and malleable, quick to downregulate but quick to adapt to whatever conditions are necessary for homeostatsis.......so It takes some serious 24/7 use of whatever agonist to cause physical WD.....but ive never tried pregabalin, I've wondered....gabapentin has been tried with some serious peripheral comfort, a hole i didnt know i had being filled......

Pregabalin is the new, improved Gabapentin requiring far less mg doses. It helps a lot because the half life is around 6hrs, so a dose to that schedule or thereabouts Swim found to be very helpful. He didn't even feel like taking Gbl, which to him was amazing. He also said to be sure not to abruptly stop the course of pregabalin withhout tapering off... as he found out when he run out once. Pregabalin is supposed to be safe alternative to Benzodiazepines and non-addictive, with no potential for abuse - that, of course, will soon change with the anecdotal evidence being presented here and across other sites!

Hi I've been trying for last 2 weeks to get off GBL. I have felt last week that I was cracking up and going psycotic. The phycotic episodes coming while on GBL and then feeling like I was going mad when trying to stop or taper it down. This starts with the shakes and sweaty palms and feet and generally feeling sick and like my body is about to go into meltdown. Have had paronoid delusions and this awfull feeling of anxiety. Valium seems to help, but have not tried an alternative to trying to get to sleep.

I planned to go to my doctor today, though I wanst sure what I should tell him. I found a phone number for a drugs services in Scotland (couldnt find any in London that had heard of GBL) They have experience dealing with GBL withdrawal and they emailed a fact sheet to bring to my GP. Please see this below. The problem with this is that if you bring this to your doctor you are going to end up on a high dose of diazepan stuck in a alholic recovery unit for 5 to 10 days by which time you will probably be even more of fucked up mental case. Also I'm not so bad that I'm dosing every 40 mins as they describe. Its more like 1.5ml 2 hours and can go up 3 or 4 hours without a dose. 3 mls get to stleep twice a nite. Have only recently become depandent, but already I feel my health being fucked up. Just want give it up. NOW!

What do I do, no-one on here is saying giving this advice, but the main thing I fear going off GBL is psycosis which apparently can take a while to come on. I saw this happen to a mate of mine last year, but no one connected it to him giving up GBL at the same time.

For the record, here's some of what the fact sheet says:

Addictive Qualities: Although some internet sites may say that GHB/GBL is not addictive, if used frequently it can create a physical dependency. Currently not much is known about GHB/GBL dependency syndrome. It can be characterised as “round the clock” use, where users may have to dose from as frequently as every forty minutes to an hour. This is because withdrawal symptoms can begin as quickly as 40 minutes from the last dose. There appears to be a temporal pattern of withdrawal symptoms (which include extreme anxiety, sleeplessness, feeling shaky, confusion, nausea and vomiting) appearing in stages so someone may feel different symptoms at different times. In addition further withdrawals may include auditory and visual hallucinations, delirium and drug induced psychosis. These symptoms can be mistaken for psychosis as GHB/GBL can be difficult to detect in the system. Withdrawal from GHB/GBL is similar to withdrawal from severe alcohol dependency.

Dangers from withdrawal symptoms: As with chronic alcohol addiction, withdrawal from GHB/GBL dependency should be done under medical supervision and preferably on an inpatient basis. It can be dangerous to suddenly stop taking GHB/GBL. In addition care should be taken when using GHB/GBL with other substances including alcohol as this could easily result in accidental overdose.

Withdrawal times: varies depending on a range of factors but is usually between 5-10 days.

The recommended treatment; is to stabilise symptoms of anxiety and psychotic symptoms. High doses of diazepam are usually indicated to control psychotic agitation. Patients with GHB/GBL dependency have a high tolerance to the sedating effects of benzodiazepines and require large doses similar to those for alcohol dependency. Patients also require frequent monitoring of their symptoms.

For further information or advice please do not hesitate to contact either one of the practitioners at Crew on 01312203404 (Scottish number)

Hi I've been trying for last 2 weeks to get off GBL. I have felt last week that I was cracking up and going psycotic. The phycotic episodes coming while on GBL and then feeling like I was going mad when trying to stop or taper it down. This starts with the shakes and sweaty palms and feet and generally feeling sick and like my body is about to go into meltdown. Have had paronoid delusions and this awfull feeling of anxiety. Valium seems to help, but have not tried an alternative to trying to get to sleep.

I planned to go to my doctor today, though I wanst sure what I should tell him. I found a phone number for a drugs services in Scotland (couldnt find any in London that had heard of GBL) They have experience dealing with GBL withdrawal and they emailed a fact sheet to bring to my GP. Please see this below. The problem with this is that if you bring this to your doctor you are going to end up on a high dose of diazepan stuck in a alholic recovery unit for 5 to 10 days by which time you will probably be even more of fucked up mental case. Also I'm not so bad that I'm dosing every 40 mins as they describe. Its more like 1.5ml 2 hours and can go up 3 or 4 hours without a dose. 3 mls get to stleep twice a nite. Have only recently become depandent, but already I feel my health being fucked up. Just want give it up. NOW!

What do I do, no-one on here is saying giving this advice, but the main thing I fear going off GBL is psycosis which apparently can take a while to come on. I saw this happen to a mate of mine last year, but no one connected it to him giving up GBL at the same time.

For the record, here's some of what the fact sheet says:

Addictive Qualities: Although some internet sites may say that GHB/GBL is not addictive, if used frequently it can create a physical dependency. Currently not much is known about GHB/GBL dependency syndrome. It can be characterised as “round the clock” use, where users may have to dose from as frequently as every forty minutes to an hour. This is because withdrawal symptoms can begin as quickly as 40 minutes from the last dose. There appears to be a temporal pattern of withdrawal symptoms (which include extreme anxiety, sleeplessness, feeling shaky, confusion, nausea and vomiting) appearing in stages so someone may feel different symptoms at different times. In addition further withdrawals may include auditory and visual hallucinations, delirium and drug induced psychosis. These symptoms can be mistaken for psychosis as GHB/GBL can be difficult to detect in the system. Withdrawal from GHB/GBL is similar to withdrawal from severe alcohol dependency.

Dangers from withdrawal symptoms: As with chronic alcohol addiction, withdrawal from GHB/GBL dependency should be done under medical supervision and preferably on an inpatient basis. It can be dangerous to suddenly stop taking GHB/GBL. In addition care should be taken when using GHB/GBL with other substances including alcohol as this could easily result in accidental overdose.

Withdrawal times: varies depending on a range of factors but is usually between 5-10 days.

The recommended treatment; is to stabilise symptoms of anxiety and psychotic symptoms. High doses of diazepam are usually indicated to control psychotic agitation. Patients with GHB/GBL dependency have a high tolerance to the sedating effects of benzodiazepines and require large doses similar to those for alcohol dependency. Patients also require frequent monitoring of their symptoms.

For further information or advice please do not hesitate to contact either one of the practitioners at Crew on 01312203404 (Scottish number)

Hi IrishSarah

You need to go to your doctor. I've just been through an unmedicated gbl withdrawal, and it was hell on earth. I found it far worse than alcohol or opiate withdrawal, because of the evil hallucinations - I had three days and nights of living nightmares, as well as extreme paranoia, anxiety etc etc etc.

I've read about and think the best recommendations were pregabalin, or baclofen. Other histories mention very high benzo doses. I think I was feeling totally fucked up for a week, then just shite for at least two weeks after that.

I found I needed to try and divert myself into something that would take my mind off being stuck in the house, and the anxiety/depression which I took gbl for in the first place.

I got some more about 9 days ago, and having been off it for about 6 weeks, I ended up in hospital in a coma after the third day of taking some. The dose for a decent feeling and one for a 6 hour coma isn't huge - my problem being that as an alcoholic (though not drinking now, as i can't face the mental torture i get the next day as opposed to hangovers) I'm used to necking large quantities of liquid, so I thought a quick splash in the bottom of a glass (must have been about 6 or 7 ml) would be ok as I could take that amount when I was doing it 24/7 for two months (I first took gbl in september 09). The reason I did this was because my partner had thrown all the pipettes out, as she did when she went on another gbl hunt after my latest collapse, so i'm off it now.

But to recoup, get yourself to a doc, and DO NOT try this cold turkey. When I was desperate to stop in late october, I tried tapering, but it was useless. It just made me feel my normal levels of anxiety/depression which are high, and as I said, the reason I started in the first place.

Let us know how you get on, and how you are doing.

all the best

SnrG

Did you taper? Quitting GABA agonists cold turkey is a recipe for disaster man. I'm going to keep saying it until people listen. Taper taper taper taper taper taper taper taper taper taper.

Taper.

Tapering is hard, as it simply extends the withdrawal period. If you decide to taper it's worth investing in some proper pipettes.

As GBL is now illegal in the UK some may soon have no choice, in any case.

One still legal alternative is Phenibut, which is longer lasting and is cheap to buy. However by all reports the withdrawal can be even worse with this stuff - as hard as that is to imagine!

I still advocate the Pregabalin/Baclofen route. But be warned, this is drug substitution and you'd still need to taper off those. Still, as they are tablets, it's easy to drop a tab or two a week. Just ensure you have enough stock to do so!

FYI: Stopping Pregabalin can give you nausea and other symptoms, not nowhere near as bad as GBL with it's shakes, hallucinations, blood pressure and sweats. Baclofen though is another story, and can cause those.

So in addition to the "taper, taper, taper" solution I'd say tapering off something else to GBL is infinitely easier than tapering off GBL itself.

Hi there

I don't know if this is important for you but I would like to share with u my experience with GBL, I have been using the drug for the last 6 months in the last 4 months every single day, around 10-15 shots of 2mls a day.
As u get used to take it, your body ask for more and more, I could not sleep well anymore and one night I was desperate to sleep took to much G and collapsed, after collapse I decided leave the GBL.
I stopped for just 4 hours and start to feel sick, get nervous, anxious, with hands and foots sweating! I had hallucinations and was not even able to got in the shop to buy food, anyway, I could vomit only in to look to a meal! By 16 hour without a shot, my hearth beat was going faster and faster, I started to have visual and audio hallucinations more intense , and really thought I would die, it was a horrible feeling! I went to the Internet to search the cure but nobody seemed to know and the things that I read was make me even more desperate. Then I took a shot of G, I decided to beak at once would be to hard for my body after 6 months using it! Like magic in less the 3 mins my hearth got normal I started to feel hunger, hands and feet dried and was feeling very well! I decided to myself then that the next shot would be in at least 18 hours, if I could not stop I would slow it down and cheat the drug!
Then I had a idea, I went to the kitchen I made a very strong camomile tea, as I knew soon I would get very anxious again! soon I tried to calm me myself down as much as possible, I took 2 capsules of 5HTP(100mg), one of ginseng every 6 hours, from this moment on in stead of water I was drinking cups and more cups of camomile made very strong, I thought it would keep me calm so I could wait longer till the next shot! from this moment one i had no withdrawsl at all!
The thing worked so good that I did not get anxious anymore, I got even sleep at night around 6 hours and in the next day the only symptom still left was hand shaking, the shaking got less during the day and now is gone ,36 hours after my last shot, I am completely relaxed, happy and don't have any need to take GBL again, i am feeling so well that i think i will sleep the whole night without any pill ! I just feel like I never took G in my life!
Just though it could be useful for anyone, as it worked out for me! And even the bag of the tea u can put in the eyes so u don't look so trashed the next day!
If u are the kind fo guy who dont believe natural products cant help, believe, i always underestimated it too, but it was all that i found here in my kitchen and really saved my life!

THANK YOU FOR THIS HINT!!!
followed your hints and now a'm free from GBL!!! was taking 30 ML a day, body shaking , derealisation and full programm!!! it took me not even 2 days!!!
8o