• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dosing and Ingesting Poppy Pods

SonOF

Bluelighter
I have used the search engine extensively and haven't really been able to find the answer I am looking for.

Situation is as such: Just got a bunch of dried poppy pods. I ground a large portion of them up, and ended up eating 4-5 tablespoons of the stuff mixed with yogurt (someone in another thread mentioned this). It wasn't pleasant, but it was palatable. However, I got basically no results.

My tolerance to opiates is pretty high. I typically need a couple of bags of H (sniffed), around 60mgs Oxycontin, or around 40-50mgs hydro to get where I want to be.

So I guess my question is, how much more of the shit do I need to eat? Let's say I double it and need around 8-10 tablespoons...I don't think I will physically be able to eat that much of the crap. For those of you with higher opiate tolerances, is it necessary to make the tea (simply because you can't possible choke down that much plant matter)? And I know the tea yields a bit less product, so am I looking at a tea of about 12 tablespoons of ground pod?

Yes, I know strength varies, etc. but at least I am talking about ground pod, rather than just pod number alone.

Thanks.

i find 3 tbsp = 20mg oxycodone

so i'd reccomend 10 tbsp tea

qwe said:

In other posts you mentioned that you typically eat the pods with no preparation. Do you think 3t tbsp raw = 20 oxycodone, and probably a bit more if used in a tea? Are these leveled tbsp? The whole process is so damn inaccurate...guess it's a lot of trial and error.

yup raw, yup levelled

if you make a tea, i think it hits a bit faster and harder anyway, but lasts a bit shorter. i don't know if you'd need more tbsp for tea

you need less tbsp for tea I think cuz more of the good stuff gets absorbed in the tea. Tea is better IME because it's easier to get down especially in bigger doses. I usually take 15 pods (I never measured in tablespoons) of golfball sized pods to get a nice buzz going. I have to take at least 50mg of hydro to nod BTW.

Last edited:
I use 11-16 golfball size pods. It depends on tha batch and my current tolerance. It takes me about 60 mgs of hydrocodone to nod.

You have to remember that oral administration of morphine, the chief alakloid in question, offers an extremely low bioavailability. First pass metabolism will render your attempt - at that amount - practically useless. So why then does tea work you might ask. The answer is that when we immerse pod material in VERY warm water - never boiling - it does a great job at extracting morphine and a fair job of extracting codeine so that we can ingest a greater amount of alkaloids without ingesting as much pod material which also has the sad side effect of naseau.

QWE: While your heart is surely in the right place in offering your subjective experience, the answer is nonsensical and could very well be dangerous. Pods , even within the same variety, vary incredibly as to alkaloidal content. One can find morphine content of 3% to 22% so that advising one to use 10 portions is meaningless and could be dangerous to the point of overdose.

rachamim said:
You have to remember that oral administration of morphine, the chief alakloid in question, offers an extremely low bioavailability. First pass metabolism will render your attempt - at that amount - practically useless.

True, but unless you use chemistry to drop the alkaloids out the only way to ingest is orally or anally.
There are a couple reports of fools shooting up poppy tea and getting sick to hell.

But rectally does not involve First Pass so that you avoid the pitfall by doing so.

rachamim said:
You have to remember that oral administration of morphine, the chief alakloid in question, offers an extremely low bioavailability. First pass metabolism will render your attempt - at that amount - practically useless. So why then does tea work you might ask. The answer is that when we immerse pod material in VERY warm water - never boiling - it does a great job at extracting morphine and a fair job of extracting codeine so that we can ingest a greater amount of alkaloids without ingesting as much pod material which also has the sad side effect of naseau.

So the heat of the water extracts the morphine from the plant matter in a way that will not occur in your stomach (if ingesting raw plant material)?

I always assume that making something like a tea is worthless if you have the ability to consume the raw material by itself (in this case, poppy pods), since you wont be wasting anything (all of it will be ingested).

Are you saying that with poppy pods, the process of steeping them in hot water is necessary to achieve desired results and eating the pods raw is worthless?

I have a lot of conflicting reports about this, and I just don't want to waste anymore.

qwe said:

I guess I have weak pods, because I ate 15 tbsp about an hour and a half ago, and feel very little. :(

If that were 100 mg Oxy, I'd be grinning ear to ear.

Think I am going to stick with the tea....eating raw ground pods has done practically nothing for me.

OP:

i recently acquired some fairly potent pods, higher quality than i usually get. they are about 2 inches in diameter... NOT circumference. decent sized. i haven't done opiates in about a month so my tolerance is low. i made tea out of 8 of these pods (i'm assuming you know how to make tea or can find out how easily).

the tea was very bitter, which is a good sign. i mixed it with orange juice to make it palatable. i drank one third of it immediately, one third of it an hour later, and the last third of it about 2 hours after that. i am extremely buzzed in a most pleasant and euphoric manner.

i spaced out the doses like that because of my low tolerance; i didn't want to risk getting sick or even od'ing, as unlikely as that probably would have been. i think it was better spreading it like that though because my buzz is lasting all day... i took the initial dose 6 1/2 hours ago, i started buzzing really good about 2 hours after that, and right now i am still buzzing just as hard 4.5 hours later with no signs of coming down.

so, if thats any indication of how much of a specific size of good quality pods it takes to get off with low tolerance, then i hope it helps you out some when deciding how much you should do, having a higher tolerance.

edit: keep in mind that when making tea there is still some morphine and other alkaloids in the leftover pods, usually about 20% from what i've heard and experienced.

^^^Do you think you could post the pod tea recepie you used? There are too many different ones on-line, I can't decide which to use. I just want one that is tried and tested and will work provided I follow it correctly and have potent pods.

hmmm... well, all I do is put about 16 oz of water on the stove on high heat and remove it from the heat right before it starts to boil. then you just put the ground up pods in the water and let it soak for a while, stirring it ocassionally. after about 15 minutes of soaking and stirring, strain the tea through a coffee filter and into a tall glass. add some OJ to it and there you have it.

I know pods can be brewed twice for tea. I have 20 ground up pods that have been brewed once. But have dried out and have been sitting for 3 days. Do you think they are still useful and worth brewing? Need answer asap...

Yea, they still have some alkaloids. Probably not recreational by themself but you can use it to boost something else or hold you over if you're dependant.