• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how much xanax does it take to OD?

You'll throw up before you die on Xanax.

When on high doses of Xanax you're system will be too depressed to make you puke.

It's very hard to overdose on xanax alone. You can take over 30mg and be safe from overdosing.

The problem though, is when you mix. You can take just 5mg of Xanax and a little bit of alcohol, and may die. If you take 20mg of Xanax with no tolerance, you'll be fine (guaranteed to black out though) but if you take just one shot of alcohol with it, you are sure to die.

Also, falling, car wrecks, et cetera, happen on high doses of xanax and can lead to problems on their own. Just off a little bit of xanax you can start to black out and have total memory loss. This is very dangerous, as in your altered state of mind you may ingest some alcohol without knowing it.

I wouldn't take more than 2mg xanax and drink.
I don't have much tolerance to benzos but I do have a fairly high tolerance to alcohol.

Not cool to be telling people you can take hundreds and hundreds of Xanax and not OD, cause the person might try.

You probably won't die as a direct result of the drug, but you put yourself at risk of all sorts of problems.

johanneschimpo said:
^ =D

I've never seen anyone throw up from xanax, or any benzo, ever.

It can happen trust me, i have done it once or twice off of Xanax when i first started it.

shiit its no fun taking a shit load of bars ive recked my car twice because of it coulda hurt myself just as bad as overdosing.

NoOneKnows said:
shiit its no fun taking a shit load of bars ive recked my car twice because of it coulda hurt myself just as bad as overdosing.

Thats funny cause i have wrecked 2 of my cars on bars, and made it out without injury both times.

It's almost impossible to die on alprazolam ALONE. I have taken over 40mg+ of the chemical in a single session on a completely empty stomach. Aside from waking up in jail 36 hours later with a DUI and a crashed car during the resulting blackout, I was fine.

That being said, it can be very fatal when taken at a LOW dose if its combined with opiates and/or alcohol, SO DON'T GET COCKY!

jykkE said:
It's almost impossible to die on alprazolam ALONE. I have taken over 40mg+ of the chemical in a single session on a completely empty stomach. Aside from waking up in jail 36 hours later with a DUI and a crashed car during the resulting blackout, I was fine.

That being said, it can be very fatal when taken at a LOW dose if its combined with opiates and/or alcohol, SO DON'T GET COCKY!

Yeah i agree ..dont get cocky.

40mg is just unnecessary. Any recreational effects will be gained at much less than 20mg and probably less than 5mg.
If you do drink with it, then dramatically less again. Opiates I don't know about but have heard it's dangerous.

Carsick said:
40mg is just unnecessary. Any recreational effects will be gained at much less than 20mg and probably less than 5mg.
If you do drink with it, then dramatically less again. Opiates I don't know about but have heard it's dangerous.

Very true. But I didn't really have a choice. I was buying 3500mg (a ball) of alprazolam powder and the guy was kinda like, "HEY TRY IT OUT!" and shoved a knife end that had a shitload of powder stacked on the end into my mouth. The 40mg guesstimate is a very lowball guess on my part.

I would have too, but it was kinda shoved into my mouth...

i dont get cocky but ill push it. after a recent bender of drinking an average of a fifth a night every other night for the last week(+) while taking xanax, usually 2-6 mgs in a period Ive blacked out hard every night, stayed up all night hurling like a motherfucker... id say its just not safe unless your alcohol tolerance is through the roof, and even then i feel like a nonagenerian with alzheimers. everyday i wake up somewhere new and have no memory of what transpired the day before.

nile420 said:
Thats funny cause i have wrecked 2 of my cars on bars, and made it out without injury both times.

ah man i feel ya. ive wrecked 2 cars sober and one while i was smoking a bowl while driving in the fog, but i know plenty of people who have "macked their shit" on bars. Im sure if the state was kind enough to give me back my license id do the same again. some will say im a maniac who shouldnt be allowed to drive-- and probably should even be castrated but fuck them.

axl blaze said:
it takes a lot of xanax to OD. however, if you mix it with other CNS depressants such as alcohol, you can OD on a lot fewer mgs than what the LD 50 states. plus, the only health hazard of xanax is not ODing, it is taking too much and doing something stupid, like falling down stairs, fighting with cops, or wrecking your car, which are all xanax related horror stories I have heard.

And let me add to them quickly:
6mg xanax + a lot of alcohol = pass out standing up and hit head off dresser and bled for god knows how long... Permanent scar on my ear and possible piece missing (not sure if it was just fucked up like that before).

10mg xanax + others = car crash. Not sure what i hit. Scary.