• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how much xanax does it take to OD?

Tony Yayo

Bluelighter
how much??

the most i took at once was 6MG and i slept like a baby for two days.. i was in a coma haha 8o

well xanax is safe drug.it hard to overdoses it with result that threatens life.on the other hand people react different on a drugs.i think you may belong to people that are sensitive to benzo.be careful and don't mix it with other depresants.

The acute LD50 of alprazolam in rats is 331 to 2171 mg/kg

or a lot

o_O said:
well xanax is safe drug.it hard to overdoses it with result that threatens life.on the other hand people react different on a drugs.i think you may belong to people that are sensitive to benzo.be careful and don't mix it with other depresants.

that being said if you mix alcohol with it you can OD much quicker. Be safe, taking too much xanax is just a waste IMO of the xanax. Once you take enough to fuck you up 1mg to 4mg depending on your tolerance then your set no need to keep popping pills for nothing. I can take 2mg and feel fine 4 mg and some rum to feel perfect anything after that I would waste cause I will be passing out shortly, lol 8)

You could take THOUSANDS of 2mg Xanax , and you wouldn't be sure to die...
You can't OD on Benzos alone.

On the other hand, Xanax is extremely lethal/deadly if it's combined with ALcohol, GHB/GBL/1,4 Butanediol, Barbituates, or any other downer.

SFLraver--> yeah good point.it's completely waste taking high doses unless you have developed tolerance.1-2mg is great dose for start.once i took 3,5mg during i wasn't having tolerance it was defenitely too much.

it takes a lot of xanax to OD. however, if you mix it with other CNS depressants such as alcohol, you can OD on a lot fewer mgs than what the LD 50 states. plus, the only health hazard of xanax is not ODing, it is taking too much and doing something stupid, like falling down stairs, fighting with cops, or wrecking your car, which are all xanax related horror stories I have heard.

General rule with benzodiazepines : you can't kill yourself with them, unless you mix them with alcohol (see Judy Garland's suicide)

Axl Blaze said:
it is taking too much and doing something stupid, like falling down stairs, fighting with cops, or wrecking your car, which are all xanax related horror stories I have heard.

Qft.
I don't know how I survived some of the many xanax(usually with dope and/or alcohol) blackouts I've had. I'm glad I don't actually remember some of the stupid shit I've done...

yeah man. the fear of ODing on xanax has never really been brought to my mind. but the fear of taking too much xanax (maybe with other drugs) and doing something horribly stupid and wrecking yourself are a great factor.

phrozen said:
Qft.
I don't know how I survived some of the many xanax(usually with dope and/or alcohol) blackouts I've had. I'm glad I don't actually remember some of the stupid shit I've done...
QFT ;)

something about xanax in particular... i dunno.

ive taken asssloadddsss of xanax and never had a problem with it alone.

HOWEVER: ive overdosed (just a lil) on OC + xanax, both within reasonable quantities (20mg oc sniffed with like 4mg of xanax and my normal 40mg valium....). it just made me really sick, which i consider an overdose. it wasnt close to being lethal, but i could see doing something stupid and sniffing an 80 with some bars... that could be risky....

Yea I agree with everyone the blackouts scare me more the OD'ing on xanax. I had a friend black out and pass out with his car running on the side of the highway, cops came up to the car scared him by accident cause he was knocked out and he took off in the car almost killed himself. He doesnt remember shit until he was already in jail, not a cool way to sober up. He mixed bars with alcohol. I've dont a lot of stupid shit in that blackout period. be safe

As an alcoholic I can really relate to the horror of those blackouts. i had many of them. Any benzo mixed with it synergizes and the blackout happens a lot sooner.

The blackouts can be very dangerous for yourself and others too. I don't know how many times I drove home after a 3 day blackout at some campsite in one of the local vactions spots. Usually mixed with a psychedelic and some cannabis in those days.

That was one of the main reasons I quit all psycho active drugs on jan 11, 1991. I lasted till about 2003 then the addiction crept up behind me after a series of events.

I have had a few blackouts since I restarted but nowhere near as many. I changed some of my drugs of choice and it seems to have put me into a position that allows one to lead a rather 'normal' existence. So far at least. Of course there's the little matter of the OD I had too.

a friend of mine died from and od of xanax and OC. Dunno how much but it wasn't an unusual dose. His girlfriend went to wake him in the morning and he was cold and blue. Its a pitty. He just got out of a year long jail sentence and was on house arrest. A lot of good that ankle bracelet tracking device did him.

RIP brother!

johanneschimpo said:
The technical term is "why did you bump this thread just to say that?" ;)
because it got linked in another thead and I didn't read the date on the last post before replying.

2 years ago, I took massive amounts of xanax and methadone one night (no alcohol). The next thing I remember was 7 days later and I was in icu waking up from a coma. The dr said I had thrown up in my sleep and aspirated the contents into my lungs. When my husband found me the next morning I was barely breathing. I really bad stunt that ended me up in 30 day rehab, where all I learned was how to be a better addict. Funny thing, is I never even liked methadone, it was the only opiate I had. I always wondered what sent me over the edge, the xanax or methadone....

dr buzz