• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy Seed Tea - Right Method Of Preparation?

ombladon

Bluelighter
My first time with poppy seeds, my tolerence is 20mg methadone a day. I bought a 1lb bag of poppy seeds. I put the seeds (a cup full) in a cup, put water to a boil...let the water settle until it wasn't boiling anymore or it was HARDLY boiling, and then poured it over the glass with the seeds, I then covered the cup with a small plate to create infusion like with tea for about 10 minutes or so.
After when pouring it though the screen, I pressed ontop of the seeds (soked) with a tablespoon to get everything out 8o . The end result is a solution that is browish/yellowish, tastes exactly like poppy seeds in soup lol, and it had tiny foam around the can after pressing out the liquid through the screen.

Anything wrong with what I did....my first time.

If your opiate tolerance is at 20mg of Methadone per day, then you're going to need at least that entire pound of seeds to feel something, if anything at all.

I don't understand why people make opium tea with seeds...if you even have so much as a natural tolerance to opiates it's going to be difficult to feel anything unless you use a pound or more of seeds. And that's just plain messy.

That said, PODS are the way to go. Order whole, dried poppy pods on ebay (or other online store), crush them up in a coffee grinder, brew in hot water, strain, and drink.

Trust me, I just made a batch of poppy pod tea yesterday with a new box of pods I just got...I've never nodded like that off of tea before...ever. Unfortunately though, it proved to be a little too strong and I was throwing up for a few hours straight :( My throat hurts like hell today. But at least that's a testament to how much stronger pods are than seeds...

I once prepared a tea from 0,25kg of seeds (=0,555 lb). I boiled it for about an hour with lemon juice added. Then filtered and it didn't work at all. My tolerance is currently like 100mgs of morphine.

ombladon said:
My first time with poppy seeds, my tolerence is 20mg methadone a day. I bought a 1lb bag of poppy seeds. I put the seeds (a cup full) in a cup, put water to a boil...let the water settle until it wasn't boiling anymore or it was HARDLY boiling, and then poured it over the glass with the seeds, I then covered the cup with a small plate to create infusion like with tea for about 10 minutes or so.
After when pouring it though the screen, I pressed ontop of the seeds (soked) with a tablespoon to get everything out 8o . The end result is a solution that is browish/yellowish, tastes exactly like poppy seeds in soup lol, and it had tiny foam around the can after pressing out the liquid through the screen.

Anything wrong with what I did....my first time.
So, did it work?

I don't REALLY KNOW! I used 3/4 of a pound of poppy seeds...I let the boiling water settle for 5-8 seconds and then poured it on them. The TEA was yellowish with a white liquid/solution on it. I split it in 2 cups, I drank 1 in 20 minutes, I began to feel relaxed..could have been a placebo tough so I drank the other cup in 10 minutes and wasn't satisfied half hour- 1 hour later so I took codeine on top.

The 'tea' was as horribe tasting as its been described for me.....
When I used pods grined up and dried (though they were decoration...not active ones) in tea, I couldn't bare the taste of it. Compare to that this was like a weak chamomile tea....mabye I didn't do it right....on the other hand idiots talk about getting high from loperamide....though some people say they have gotten fucked and even overdoses and deaths causes strictly from poppy SEED tea...not POD...but SEED tea.

Question:
If companies lets say wash these seeds, do they wash off the theabine and the papaverine and other alkaloids in it? Or what happens to those two unactive psychoactive wise narcotics?
My dad uses papaverine sometimes for kidney trouble....I believe it dilates certain vesells. What uses are there for papaverine, theabaine and the other chemicals found in opium and in the poppy plant? I know that garden varieties are full of those inactive chemicals and low in the narcotics people want.

You have a high tolerance to all opiates due to your methadone use, I'm not surprised you couldn't detect an effect.

If you even want to bother with PST again you'll need more seeds, you really don't need to worry about ODing with your tolerance. Take a empty flexible plastic bottle(gatorade works good) pour the seeds into the bottle and put in just enough water(don't use higher temp then warm to touch water) to suspend the seeds with half an inch of water on top. Seal the bottle and count one hundred good shakes, just shake the bottle for a minute or two real good. Turn it upside down and tap all the seeds to the bottom, now hold it over a bowl or large cup and slowly and carefully open the cap just enough to let liquid out but not the seeds. Now squeeze the sides of the bottle until all the liquid is out.

Shaking is key, you don't need hot or even boiling water that just dissolves the seeds and makes it nasty. After you wash them you can still use the seeds in cooking if you dry them or spread them outside in an overgrown area and pray for pods in the future.

I got pissed off had quarter pound seeds left...after a good pour outside I put them in my hand and spread them all over the ground where I grow vegetables and herbs, flowers, etc.

I know poppy farmers plant seeds (most in this fashion) once in the fall and once again in the spring.

Make sure the seeds look dirty when you check 'em out in the packet (if theyr just black with no bits in they're probably weak)

Stir in a big bowl with luke warm water for 10 minutes

Strain (I used fine metal strainer)

Repeat

Drink with grapefruit juice

Thats all you need to do!!! Shaking or boiling gets nasty shit in your tea.

If the tea turns out to be dark dirty brown you're in for high times. If its yellow or watery, bad luck, you just wasted your money.

Why does yellow indicate you wasted money, is this the same with pod tea.

And do you think im over cooking my pods. I bring water to boil and as soon as it stops I throw in the pods and let them sit for 30 minutes, with no top on the pot, strain, and drink. I get yellow liquid. Worked twice, but I felt it could be stronger definetely with the amount I had. But each batch of pods varies in potency and thats the only batch ive had, so I dont know.

To the author of this thread: I am going to get a program that just poosts the folliowing to all pod related questions: SEEDS CONTAIN NO ALKALOIDS WHAT SO EVER.

If your seeds are obtained directly from pods that you handle on your own they are surely coated ON THE OUTSIDE with powdered alkaloidal material. If you are able to obtain unwashed seeds in bulk youalsomight get lucky. My question though, is why would you obtain seeds when you can obtain the real thing? Pods are easily obtained and they are the things with the substance you are after.

Ok folks, one more time.

THIS IS THE WAY TO MAKE POPPY SEED TEA.

1. Acquire some poppy seeds. Depending on the potency of the seeds, the amount will vary. If they are strong, use about a pound. At the most and with low tolerance, it has taken 4 pounds of the weakest seeds I've ever found to get me good and high. With other seeds, no amount will get you high as some are completely bunk. It's hit or miss with poppy seeds.

2. This is optional... take one Tagamet (cimetidine) pill before making the tea. This will potentiate the effects. I have found that the potency of pods and tea can be increased by as much as about 25% so in my opinion, it's worth it.

3. Add the seeds with a funnel to a 2 liter plastic bottle, something flexible that you can squeeze. I use an empty fruit juice bottle.

4. Add water to the seeds. I just use tap water from the cold spigot. Some people say that using hot water (not boiling) will aid in morphine extraction, but I never noticed a difference. Do not use juice to wash your seeds. I've tried it both ways and when tea is made with juice it produces a weaker tea. Don't ask me why but trust me on this. Let the water settle until the seeds are completely soaked and none are floating around. Continue to add water until there is about an inch above the seeds. Be careful not to fill the bottle completely with seeds as it will be very hard to shake and you won't be guaranteed a good wash. I usually leave about 3 inches of empty space at the top of the bottle.

5. Screw the cap on tightly and shake the seeds vigorously for 30 seconds to one minute. There is no need to let the seeds soak. I have tried it and didn't notice any increase in quality. Also, in my experienced opinion, this could be detrimental as the seeds absorb water if allowed to soak. Since morphine is imminently water soluble, they might also be absorbing some of your morphine so why risk that?

6. Immediately after shaking, unscrew the cap slightly. Squeeze the tea into a tall glass or tumbler (you need a tall container if you are using 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of seeds, as this requires a lot of water). Continue to squeeze until you start getting only bubbles, then hold the jug still and let the liquid settle some more. Squeeze again until there is no more liquid, only bubbles. A note of caution - before you start squeezing, make sure the cap isn't too loose as it can pop off while squeezing and you'll wind up with seeds spilling into your tea and you'll have to put it all back into the plastic jug and start over. Messy.

6. Drink (see warning below).

7. Optional... if the seeds are very strong, you can wash them again for another dose. With good seeds the second wash is usually about 25 - 30% as strong as the initial dose, which makes it worth the second extraction, in my opinion.

Note about potency: If the tea is a medium brown color and has a noticeably bitter taste, it is good. I used to judge tea potency on color alone, but recently some seeds produce a VERY dark tea but are almost completely bunk. I can only reason that the seeds have gone through some process to destroy the alkaloids, such as heat treating, because color used to be a definite indicator of potency. Also, potent tea induces a strong gag reflex with me and I can't chug more than about 5 swallows before I have to take a break. In my experience, if the tea is a very light color (or VERY dark brown in some recent cases), has no bitter taste, and if I am able to chug it like water with zero gag reflex, then the seeds are bunk.

WARNING. If this is your first time making tea, to be safe, drink the tea over the course of a couple of hours so you don't get sick or overdose. It is possible to OD on poppy seed tea, although I've never encountered seeds that were strong enough for one batch of really potent seeds to do more than make me queasy when chugged all at once, and this kind of ruins your high. If you want test the potency before buying a large batch, make a 'test' batch of about 3 grams. If the tea is a medium brown color and is bitter, they seeds are probably good.

You WILL get addicted if you use poppy seed tea over a prolonged period.

So do you recommend these instructions with pods also?

I thought I definitely needed at least warm water soaked for 20-30 minutes......

pod tea if anything is easier to make. just grind up the pods in a coffee grinder, into a powder. bring about 16 oz of water to a boil (or enough water to correspond to the amound of pods) and take it off of the heat right as the bubbles JUST start... you don't want the water too hot. then add the pod powder, stir it occasionally, letting it steep for about 15 minutes. then filter it and drink it

damnit, I really want some pod tea right about now but just thinking about how it'll taste is making me want to projectile vomit :p

ChemicalSmile said:
I thought I definitely needed at least warm water soaked for 20-30 minutes......

Bad idea, the seeds will absorb water and swell to double their dry size. The more opium water they absorb the less there is for you.

You're washing a thin layer of opium off the outside of the seeds, thats it thats all you want to do. There is no reason to leave them in water longer then a minute or two. Add water seal bottle and shake well for a minute or two and strain through cap gets probably 90% of the alkaloids, quickly repeat this process to get the other 10% if you so desire.

eon_blue said:
damnit, I really want some pod tea right about now but just thinking about how it'll taste is making me want to projectile vomit :p

don't tell me it never crossed your mind to dilute it with something? I use orange juice... 50% pod tea, 50% juice. makes it not 100% pleasant, but you can drink it without gagging.

guys there is a HUGE fuckign problem........
ALL OF THE BULK SEEDS i have gotten lately from sources that for YEARS sent me consistent quality................all of the seeds i can find now...NONE OF THEM WORK. they have alll either been washed or the gov pushed them to move to a low morphine seed. cause i used this supplier forever and bought in 25 pound cases. we tried multiple times now at up to 10 pounds and felt ZIP. nothing. and these seeds in the past, even with a HUGE addiction, during wd a half a pound could get you high. this sucks fuck, i dont think there are any more good seeds left........

You need to start getting the pods. They are always at least decent. And large ones seem to be may potent. If you buy in bulk you will get a reasonable price.

I live in Canada....
What type of store sell this....and please don't say 'wholesellers' because that is 1000 stores plus English is my second language, keep it simple.

Bulk Barn? Food Basics? Price Chopper?

I feel the risk of getting washed or over handled seeds outweighs the cost of buying just bulk seed.

As for stores, try any local market, spice store, etc. The dirtier looking the better, best find will be when there are still bits of pod and straw mixed in with the big bin of seed.

Only time (for me anyway) seeds are worthwhile, is when you get them from pods yourself. Then you know what your getting.

And, dont you guys think your complicating seed tea? geeze, that big ass 'recipe' posted up there.......

The actives coating the seeds are very water and alcohol soluble. No heat is needed, at all.

Cold water would work. Tap water. Whatever.

Add seeds to water. Shake or stir up for a minute or two. Maybe some lemon juice to further aid getting every last bit off the seed. Then strain and drink.

Simple as that.

Last edited: