• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

Body Load Question

I am going to be trying DOB for the first time this weekend and I've got a couple of questions about the body load. From the way you guys make it sound it is pretty harsh and I'd like to lessen it as much as possible. I know with some 2c-x's (2c-e or 2c-b) for example you can take 25 mg of Benadryl beforehand to lessen the body load and nausea. Will the same strategy work for DOB or is that combination potentially dangerous? I figure it might not since I haven't seen anyone really mention it.

has any of you candyflipped on this or kittyflipped ?

As far as I know candyflipping is between LSD and MDMA so what is it you want to to?
MDMA + DOB?
LSD + DOB ?
LSD + MDMA + DOB?

And I don't even know what kittyflipping is.
Why not just write out the substances you want to know about, would make it so much easier.
Sounded a bit grumpy but will have to do.

yer i was just using the names iv seen in here i meant dob+mdma and kittyflip as iv seen it called is ket+lsd normally so was meaning dob+ket .
no you dnt sound grumpy i should of said what i was mean sorry :)

also i can get some blotter that are 1.3mg how does that sound to you lot mild or strong ? i have to get 3 or 5 at a time so can all way take another i guess

Last edited:
Im going to get some DOB very soon, although have some questions for seasoned DOX psychonauts:

- I don't know the dose of my blotter, is there any standard for DOB blotters?

- I'm very aware of the extended length of this chemical, that makes it potentially overwhelming. Is there any tip regarding this?

- How is DOB headspace compared with 2C-X or LSD? Is it very manageable or should avoid any kind of activities?

- Are there any activities particularly fun for this specific compound?

Any information is really appreciated. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
My second trip ever i ingested approximately 3.5-4 mg of D.O.B. This experience became the most intense experience in my nearly 16 years of life. The visuals were amazing and the head space gave me an incredible comparison to that of consensus reality. I fried HARD for over 30 hours. During this time i experienced what i believe is true ego death and was lost in the void. I had no concept of self and was truly mind fucked. I would never take this experience back and i believe it led me to embracing the Dharma.
Wow, I can't believe I never expanded on my DOB experience! It's a shame as its been nearly 6 years with over 100 trips in between.
I have to say it may have been the mist visually rich trip I ever experienced, laying in under a grove of sycamores in early spring staring at the sun: the entire sky became alive as if it were an Alex Grey painting. I can even recall the enhacemt of my tactile sensations, letting the ants crawl on my legs while the blades of grass sang to me through the wind.

But at moments it became extremely frightening, I was forced to speak to my father while nearing the peak and his face melted off and the families kitchen dissolved into a psychedelic pit of hell fire. My fathers voice was not of this world, speaking in tongues terrifying enough to give me child every time I think back to this moment. Once I hit the peak I was catatonic for all intensive purposes, I couldn't move or speak for the 16-20 hour peak. I can't recall if I was even able to open my eyes.
Listening to Scab Dates by The Mars Volta and Dub Side of The Moon by Easy Star All-Stars transported me into hyper space for the remainder of my trip. I achieved a full blown ++++ where myself and the universe ceased to exist, only brahma- Supreme God-Head.

Thank you DOB!

I need some help on how much to take. I did all the research I could and read all the trip reports I could, but I'm still not sure.
I've acquired 2 x 1.5mg tabs and I'm not sure how many to take. I want a really psychadelic experience. Keep in mind I have some tolerance to 25i which is mentioned in more detail in my recent post here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/676646-The-Big-amp-Dandy-25I-NBOMe-Thread-4th-Instance/page10

Would 1 tab be enough, or should I push for 2 tabs. I always have good reactions to psychadelics, never have nausea or terrible body loads.

I love DOM. I haven't had it long and I've never taken more than 10mg but it's always lived up to its name (STP). Very clear headed, euphoric, nice visuals and not too long-lasting (I can sleep easy 8 hours after dosing). I haven't noticed any body load whatsoever with this drug.

How does DOB compare to DOM? Should I give it a go?

I found this while reading through medical journals. This describes a situation involving the consumption of this DOX resulting in death.

Forensic Science International said:
Forensic Sci Int. 2005 Oct 4;153(1):85-91.
Nonfatal and fatal DOB (2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine) overdose.
Balíková

Author information

Institute of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University in Prague, 121 08 Prague 2, Czech Republic. *****@1f1.cuni.cz

Abstract

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine (DOB) is a strongly acting hallucinogen with an estimated effective dose of 2 mg for an 80 kg man. The case of two men who ingested a new "hallucinogen LSD-like" designer drug is reported here. They experienced intense hallucinations (onset after 15 min) and vomiting. The men became unconscious and fell into deep coma lasting several days. After an unknown period of time elapsed they were admitted to a hospital in a comatose state. One subject (AX, body mass 113 kg) survived, while the second subject (BX, body mass 65 kg) experienced convulsions, metabolic acidosis and died 6 days later. Gastric, blood, and urine specimens collected on admission into the hospital were sent for toxicological examination. Ethanol concentrations in the blood samples were less than 0.2 g/kg. CEDIA urine screening indicated the presence of THCOOH in both cases, while cocaine and its metabolites were only indicated in the urine from AX. Immunoassay for amphetamines was negative in urine specimens collected from both subjects. GC-MS analysis for unknown drugs allowed for the discovery of the presence of DOB in the gastric and urine samples of both persons. DOB-targeted analysis for the acetylated analyte confirmed its presence in both subjects. Quantitative analysis yielded concentrations in serum of 13 ng/ml (AX) and 19 ng/ml (BX). This report on both nonfatal and fatal DOB overdose cases is based on clear toxicological evidence, and is the first documentation of DOB consumption in the Czech Republic.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15979834

Yeah I think DOB i pretty significant with the vasoconstriction, it felt that way the time I took it. So is DOC but less so. One nice thing about DOPr I noticed is that there was no feeling of vasoconstriction, at least at the dose I took (2.55mg).

Shulgin puts this and DOC at 1-3mg which suggests some close to equality of dose but I get the impressions DOB might be stronger or is it simply too stimulating to treat like DOC? Any comparisons dose wise?

Been through all the reports I could and as expected the positive results were much more common when the product was missold. Seems there is a lot of properly labelled DOB these days so hopefully here more reports

My impression is that DOB is more potent than DOC by maybe 25%.

I got some of this a bit ago, I'm going to try it sometime soon. I have always been fascinated by it, as some of the early reports were amazing. I always thought DOB seemed somewhat more hardcore as a powerful psychedelic than DOC, but also rougher in the bodyload department. It's hard to imagine any of them topping DOC for me, but I've wanted to try DOB for like 14 years.

I was given a medium-level dose of this compound under the guise of LSD (it seems like people just call whatever drug will fit on blotter "acid", as this is how I was introduced in 2005 to DOB, under the guise of "mescaline" in 2008 to DOC although the person knew what it was and informed me after I inquired as to the actual identity of the compound, to 25I-NBOMe in 2012, and in the last 2 years to the gamut of presently available lysergamides). Subsequent analysis of the experience led me to believe its identity was DOI, but then I read something on a different forum about people distributing large amounts of DOB on blotter in 2005, and the description of the blotter matched the blotter I was given. it did not have any effect for 4 full hours, and lasted less than 24 hours, closer to around 18 or 20 hours. I can't say I had a very good time, as I was planning to trip starting around 1pm and it didn't take effect until around 5pm at which point the weather was cooling, and I didn't peak until around 7 or 8, at which point I was trying to navigate the bus system. The rest of the night was spent having a bit of a rough time and not really feeling the love. My experience with DOC was better, probably because I knew what I was taking. I preferred the effects of 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe over either DOx that I tried, to be honest. Nowadays I don't think I would knowingly take any of these halogenated mescaline analogs. I might try 2C-B some day but it's not on the ol bucket list or anything. There's my 2 cents on the matter.

I got some of this a bit ago, I'm going to try it sometime soon. I have always been fascinated by it, as some of the early reports were amazing. I always thought DOB seemed somewhat more hardcore as a powerful psychedelic than DOC, but also rougher in the bodyload department. It's hard to imagine any of them topping DOC for me, but I've wanted to try DOB for like 14 years.

This has pretty much always been my impression of DOB vs DOC from what I've read as well, so I'm definitely interested to hear what you'll have to say about it given how much you like the latter. I'll be looking forward to the report for sure. :) I also have some of this that I hope to be taking some time in the not too distant future, so I'll likely be using it as a guide as well.

Nowadays I don't think I would knowingly take any of these halogenated mescaline analogs.
Not to be an asshole, but I think DOx chems are not mescaline analogs since they do not follow the 3,4,5 methoxy pattern, but rather 2,5 methoxy, 4-halogen pattern, in addition to having a methyl group at the alpha position on the ethyl chain.

I wonder what was that you liked about 25i and 25c nbomes?..

Last edited:
These trips were years ago so the specifics I cannot fully recall in full detail, but while tripping on 25I before I had managed to identify it, it felt an awful lot like DOC and DOB trips from years before and the notion occurred to me that it was my favorite of the DOx compounds. The specific thought was, "shulgin did a good job on this stuff!" of course later I found out that it was a fellow named Ralf Heim who did the "good job". I just enjoyed the intensity of the sensory effects, as a nice break from the amount of mental changes that would normally accompany such a dose of any of the psychedelics I had tried up to that point. I liked how it felt so smooth on the body also, in comparison to DOC and DOB. These things are very much dependent on individual tastes as well as individual body chemistry so I think my opinion should not be taken as fact (as it is...an opinion, not a fact!)

I basically consider any phenethylamine psychedelic to be a mescaline analog, since they generally arose with few exception from the notion of altering known phenethylamine structures, dating all the way back to mescaline. I believe the history is Mescaline--->Alpha-Methyl-Mescaline (TMA-1) and MMDA ---> TMA-2 ---> DOM ---> Other DOx--->All 2C compounds --->FLYS, NBOMes and Cyclobutenes. I recognize that some exceptions are MDA and MDMA which were developed as an independent train of thought from mescaline analog development. But I also get that in our current situation, in the middle of the great flood of information, we might wish to use the term "mescaline analog" to specifically reference 3,4,5-trisubstituted phenethylamines as distinct from 2,4,5's and such. I don't think you're being an asshole, I think you're making a valid point!

Having perused this thread and the Bluelight looking for info on DOB, I'll just add a little update of my recent experience.

I took a 1.4mg tab of DOB. A little weirdness in perception started manifesting at about the +2h mark. At +3h it had reached what turned out to be the peak. It felt like a mildly psychedelic amphetamine - it was barely trippy, about the same as 100ug of LSD, which I perceive as a rather low dose. By +6h I found myself marching on my long walk I took to Laibach's "Tanz mit Laibach". "Eins, zwei, drei, vier, Brüderchen, komm tanz mit mir, Eins, zwei, drei, vier, Beide Hände reich ich dir!" It was very speedy and I felt like a Hitler's soldier endlessly marching with completely zero emotion. In fact, I found the drug highly boring, which I didn't expect. Not only was it boring, it also made me physically anxious and insecure, like a teenager. That I didn't like at all. But, oh well.

By about +8h, sitting in a beautiful mossy forest, I decided to kill the anxiety with some hash/weed. I sat down and took a few good tokes and found myself stoned (zero tolerance, quit weed many months ago, now only smoking to enhance acid and the likes). That made things so much more pleasant (although I dislike how weed throws me into its fragmented fantasy land). When I stood up and started staring at stuff, very still, I suddenly saw the DOB's fractals! That was Something Else! Those are very different from LSD fractals, a very fascinating discovery, indeed! Like little tritons tiled together endlessly. I felt a few weird things too. If up until then I was very bored, this at least made DOB more promising to me. I got home about +13h and fell asleep almost immediately (as I was very tired after about a 50km walk).

I think I'll try a tab and a half as soon as I get the time for it. Maybe that will make it more psychedelic/spiritual/interesting/profound. Hopefully so. That would make it 2.1g. Gotta give it a few more chances. But in the meanwhile I plan on sticking to LSD. But, perhaps, I'll try a combo. For the science, of course.

--DISCLAIMER--
None of the claims in this post are to be taken as fact, as these serve only as an exercise for imagination. Neither the author nor anybody resembling the literary hero of the narrative are to be associated with any illegal activity.

DOB and DOI felt excesively stimulating the times I tried them. As soon as I tried DOC I fell in love with it and ceased my experiments with the other DOx's. DOC has got less vasoconstriction and more insight/psychedelia.

This year I tried DOM for first time and it for sure became my new favourite long lasting psychedelic. It's very reminiscent of a mescaline high, beeing mellower and less stimulant than the other DOx's I tried.