• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quitting heroin...

They have me on 20mg suboxone a day (for the next 2 months, and then the taper starts)

what are suboxone withdrawls like?

is there any way to combat the nausea i get sometimes from taking the suboxone

n00b im proud of you man! im going in on sunday. im getting out of this city as well. we both know this city has nothing to offer us man. stick with it man. hit me up anytime you need to you got my info!

"CHOOSE LIFE. CHOOSE A JOB. CHOOSE A CAREER. CHOOSE A FAMILY. CHOOSE A FUCKING BIG TELEVISON, CHOOSE WASHING MACHINES, CARS, COMPACT DISC PLAYERS AND ELECTRICAL TIN OPENERS. CHOOSE GOOD HEALTH, LOW CHOLESTEROL, AND DENTAL INSURANCE. CHOOSE FIXED INTEREST MORTGAGE PAYMENTS. CHOOSE A STARTER HOME. CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS. CHOOSE LEISUREWEAR AND MATCHING LUGGAGE. CHOOSE A THREE-PIECE SUITE IN HIRE PURCHASE IN A RANGE OF FUCKING FABRICS. CHOOSE DIY AND WONDERING WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE ON A SUNDAY MORNING. CHOOSE SITTING ON THAT COUCH WATCHING MIND-NUMBING, SPIRIT-CRUSHING GAM SHOWS, STUFFING FUCKING JUNK FOOD INTO YOUR MOTH. CHOOSE ROTTING AWAY AT THE END OF IT ALL, PISSING YOUR LAST MISERABLE HOME, NOTHING MORE THAN AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE SELFISH, FUCKED UP RATS YOU SPAWNED TO REPLACE YOURSELF. CHOOSE YOUR FUTURE. CHOOSE LIFE!!!!!!!!"

Man heroin is such a beast I wouldn't wish dope sickness on my worst enemy... I'm on day 3 of quitting a year long habit I know it will take a few more days but I'm hoping the worst is over I used suboxone on the first day to get over the puking phase cause puking all that bile is the worst. But man I'm hoping I can do it I was able to force myself to go to the gym today to get my natural body high and get my body going. I hope I can do this I can't be doing this anymore I want my life and soul back...

I keep going 7 days or so without using and then right back for one or two days. I went to detox so I am not sick from these slip ups but I feel like the desire just comes over me. Maybe I am afraid of success and actually having the opportunity to turn my life around. Hardest shit I have ever done!

good luck with the detox comrade. I did my first one when i was 21 (18 years ago eeeek) I hope you find a way to stay off heroin after the sickness is over because they get harder every time. I'm not downplaying how bad you feel now because its not a nice thing at all. I lasted two days after the first time and was injecting again within a week. It took me another ten years or so and a whole lot of cold turkeys which got consecutively more desperate. Not always physically worse but more mentally because there is more and more doubt that you're going to be able to do it. It became like a kind of self inflicted torture to me and was painful enough that i eventually got clean. I know this is a fucking depressing post but heroin is the devil. It destroyed me for a long time and took everything.I ended up in the fellowships but i know thats not for everyone. I wish you well man and hope the sickness passes soon. Going to the gym is a great ides and definitely helps with the horrible depression afterwards. Get people round about you and preferably ones that know whats going on for you. I work in addictions now so if you're struggling and need a stranger to chat too drop me a PM. take it easy mate and good luck