• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quitting heroin...

n00bgod said:
I went cold turkey after 8 months of every day/every other day use (snorting). Lately I have been maintaining off 1-2 $20 packs but my tolerance makes me need around 3 to get noddin. These past 48 hours have been the longest I have been off dope since i started, and my w/d's are fucking weird as hell.

CRAVINGS
restlessness
minor leg pains
cant sleep (probably all in my head)
feel like i kinda have the flu (im no pussy, and im fightin thru it)

Im not getting the sweats and i can eat. I was told I'd be in for a lot worse experience, and my symptoms seem somewhat mild compared to what i've read on here.

Do some people just get lucky? Im tired of not having any money, fiending, and having to lie to my family. I knew the last time I got high was gonna be my last even on the way to cop it. Its true, nothing good can come from using heroin.
dude these effects r all what i call "stage 2 w/d" they come after the cold/hot sweats and the not being able 2 eat,have u ever gone 1 to 2 weeks without using before? in addition 2 what u said u can also get a feeling where u have bugs cwraling over your body,or feel like your skin is itchy,but if u scratch it,it does nothing.u can shit thriugh the eye of a needle 4 days! the leg pains can turn into cramps,especially in the stomach,and u can get goose bumps all over that wont go away,or come and go.Basically it varies alot from person 2 person and it depends on your tolerance,how hard your coming down,your size,your physicall and emotional condition at the time as well as other factors,hope i can help,if u wanna know anything about a h comedown just pm me

Hey nOObgod, how are you? Hope you are doing okay?

From my interactions and experiences shared by my friends that have been on the methadone program, it did a great deal to help them stay away or greatly minimise their heroin use. They were able to maintain a stable life away from the H game, study or get jobs, do stuff they hadn't been able to do for ages because they were caught up chasing H.

I think that the methadone program definitely has its merits and I've seen how much it helped my friends 'stabilise' and live a life that more closely resembled HOW they really wanted to live.

i got really lucky this time and missed the withdrawls that i described in my first post. they are mostly just: runny nose, insomnia, anxiety, bein uncomfortable.

im not on methadone anymore but part of me feels (and i guess its my addiction side) that i am the type of person whos gotta have SOMETHING or else ill go back to full blown dope in no time. the other half of me is sayin stop bein a pussy and that i dont need it.

already i feel like im thinkin more clearly...and my appetite is back in a big way. i got all the love and support i need here at home and i havent left the house since i got home weds. morning. as the days go on the light at the tunnel gets brighter...but i dont know how long i can fight these few slight mental and physical withdraws.

im still hangin on...the thread has turned into a rope so to say. startin to feel better about myself and more pissed off towards dope in general. i can feel my body starting to recover.

Good job accepting no opiates instead of "substitution" opiates. What a fuckin bullshit idea... lets get them off this for that... just script them what they like instead assholes. shiat.

I'm still fatigued as hell at 4 weeks. I've been working hard and eating like a bodybuilder...the fatigue could be from the lyrica /mirtazapine i am on.

If your feelin recovered already your quite the lucky bastard...

Not being able to sleep isnt just going to go away. I have been clean for 60 days, yesterday,(I went the suboxone route.) and I still cant get a good nights sleep. IT takes forever to fall asleep and then I wake up many times during the night and cant fall back asleep for hours. So, I dont know for you but sleeping my take a while to get back to normal, I have learned to just deal with it. I would take no sleep over being controlled by H again anyday.

The biggest problem I have to deal with is boredom.
I think if you can beat your boredom, you are in a good place and good mindset for your recovery.

n00bgod said:
im on day 6 of quittin heroin

day 2 of methadone maintenance

telling my parents was deff. the hardest part because i could tell it hurt them, a LOT. my mom/stepmom were both not sleeping/having physical sickness because they were so worried about me.

and yeah, all my real friends are ecstatic. although one of my best friends was begging me to take him down there on the way home from a party because he was "fiending and i know you know what its like, what the fuck man?". i turned around and dropped him back off at the party - and i still have my sobriety.

keep it up

methadone is a long term treatment i hope u know and u did not have a habbit for a long time u should have gone cold turkey, u regret it when u try quit the methadone, a lot of pplz never do

n00bgod said:
I went cold turkey after 8 months of every day/every other day use (snorting). Lately I have been maintaining off 1-2 $20 packs but my tolerance makes me need around 3 to get noddin. These past 48 hours have been the longest I have been off dope since i started, and my w/d's are fucking weird as hell.

CRAVINGS
restlessness
minor leg pains
cant sleep (probably all in my head)
feel like i kinda have the flu (im no pussy, and im fightin thru it)

Im not getting the sweats and i can eat. I was told I'd be in for a lot worse experience, and my symptoms seem somewhat mild compared to what i've read on here.

Do some people just get lucky? Im tired of not having any money, fiending, and having to lie to my family. I knew the last time I got high was gonna be my last even on the way to cop it. Its true, nothing good can come from using heroin.

You are a lucky one man. see that as a gift from god for the good will to get off dope. :)

I'm also got off opiates and drugs in general 6 months ago. though I was forced by detention and rehab program, but now i try to appreciate this as the fact im sober fixed many problems in my life and family.

Good luck on your way back on track!

Last edited:
n00bgod said:
i got really lucky this time and missed the withdrawls that i described in my first post. they are mostly just: runny nose, insomnia, anxiety, bein uncomfortable.

im not on methadone anymore but part of me feels (and i guess its my addiction side) that i am the type of person whos gotta have SOMETHING or else ill go back to full blown dope in no time. the other half of me is sayin stop bein a pussy and that i dont need it.

already i feel like im thinkin more clearly...and my appetite is back in a big way. i got all the love and support i need here at home and i havent left the house since i got home weds. morning. as the days go on the light at the tunnel gets brighter...but i dont know how long i can fight these few slight mental and physical withdraws.
Man that is great 2 hear,hope u keep doin well and stay on the right path,this site has so many ppl who can help,its the best

today was kind of a hard day:

im through the majority of the physical withdrawls. ive developed bad restless leg syndrom - especially at night, my nose still runs and my skin still crawls.

for some reason my jaw has been chattering ALOT - even when i was out in the 105 degree heat today for 2 hours mowing grass. its like rolling bad

my pupils stay dilated, i cant fucking SLEEP - i watch the sun come up all the time. and its not fucking peaceful. its nerveracking. all i can sit there is think about how bad ive fucked up and what ive done to myself. all the setbacks, dissappointment, people ive hurt. all i want to do is jump out of bed and go get high.

i had a real long talk with my parents today. i think i may go to a rehab facility that doesnt offer opiate replacement but other medicine to ease withdrawl symptoms. ive gotten numerous compliments from people saying ive got my color back, my mouth doesnt hang open as much and i dont mumble anymore, etc. but i dont feel any better inside. i cant take much more of fightin this out in my mind. edit: and everything hurts, like stuff that shouldnt hurt but my whole body is sensitive

ill probably be in rehab out of town by monday, i just got some thinking to do.

Bro in one weeks time,if u stay on the str8 and narrow,i gaurantee u will feel MUCH better,hang in there dude and good luck

do they have naltrexone where your at?

i got implants and they are keeping me off the smack.

im goin to rehab for a month tomorrow.

i cant stay where im at and not use

you'll need it... physical symptoms may subside within a week but psychological issues can last very long.

but psychological issues can last very long.

Yeah and be far far more powerful an influence than you could ever realistically imagined. It's a trip in itself the 'aftermath' . I dream that I'm beginning to come down from it, I hope so anyway.

im back

got in 9 days cold turkey and the nurses took 1 look at me and called the doctor and had be a subutex script in minutes. started me on 24 mg a day and dropped me 4mg a day till it was done.

ive got 37 days clean now and wow, im a different person.

im gonna go to a halfway house in nashville because i know i cant stay sober in memphis.

post acute withdrawls are a fucking bitch and a half (depression, the worst insomnia imaginable, memory problems, etc) and i realisticly know atleast for around 3 months im gonna need some sort of maintenance.

im going to call some bupe docs monday and try to get something set up. i figure since i was on subutex recently getting a script shouldnt be a problem. anyone have any experience with this?

NA is going to be a big part of my recovery and over the past 28 days i have resolved a ton of personal BULLSHIT, found my higher power, and made a lot of new friends (and i even met a girl....its about as serious as spending every day 28 days in a row together can get)

thanks for everyones support on here, im going to keep updating

^ Good luck.

Reintegration to real life is the hard bit. Any help you can get around that grasp with both hands is my advice.