• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quitting heroin...

Good luck to both of you :).

I don't know how long you've been using but if it's several years beware the craziness that comes afterwards, after the physical withdrawal I mean.
Busy busy is a good thing! Avoid emotive situations also, if possible.

Username RexHunt :) I used to watch that crazy fuckers fishing programme religiously . :D

Do some people just get lucky?

Lucky if you don't crave, that apart it's all relative to length and severity of use, a bit like physical karma.

went to the methadone clinic today. started me on 40mg and they are supposedly bumpin me to 60mg

Your decision.

ive gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep in the past 5 days. agh

Methadone withdrawal is longer and generally considered harder, get off it quickly if you can do.

Good luck :)

LegalizeOpiates said:
are you shitting me? I really hope you plan on doing the methadone detox.

you haven't even being using for 1 year i wounldn't even think about doing maintenance.
Quiting heroin is a walk in the park compared to quitting 'done.

just wait man the W/Ds will get worse and worse the longer you use.

quit now while you still can bro, that monkey on your back will turn into a gorilla if you keep feeding it.

Methadone just prolongs it and is legal H IMO. Go the suboxone route. Being only a partial agonist, the WDs are minimum, I just got off them, and thats how I quit. Don't, I repeat DON'T get on methadone.

^^ He already is on methadone

So you relapsed don't worry to much about it ,relapse is part of recovery.
Just take it one day at a time, quit that heroin agian and now try to make it last longer than the last time. I also was on methadone for a year but it never helpt my. As i also relapsed when i got on methadone because i could now use and not get sick withs i thought was great. I'm now on sub also for a year and i haven't used any heroin for a year now.

Recovery isn't done in a week or a month give it some time if you really want it you will get there in the end.

Good luck.....

I dont pretend to know everything but know lots unfortunatly bout heroin and cold turkey-take it from me please-me and quite a few other people I know all started off for bout a year saying-this cold turkey/cluck (in England) is not soo bad, then u do more gear and before u know it you end up with a seven year habit of which doing a cold turkey from that is like the bottom of hell.
I go to N.A all the time, it helps me and so far have not relapsed but no many people that have, you know what it is with me-I actually was ready to say goodbye to drugs, I didnt think it anymore , I knew it. And when u have been doing drugs for a while, a year , more ,whatever, you need something to replace that space if you know what I mean. This is what I use N.A for. You are never gonna win against drugs, they will beat you down to a pulp everytime and will take everything you hold close to you down with you as well. I dont know you but really hope u r ok- I so know what its like and wish u all the best.Hang in there if I can do it anyone can.

^anythings possible if u want it enough
i dont go to NA anymore but ive stayed off drugs mainly

update:

went back to the clinic today because i had to go to MTSU for a couple of days for college orientation and i was so fucking dopesick i could barely walk. i couldnt even be excited about "holy shit, in 1 month im gonna be at college with around 12,000 fine ass bitches and all the alcohol in the fucking world, no parents, tons of frirends"...i was just dopesick and fiending tryin not to look like a junkie in front of everyone (couple of people in my group asked me if i was sick)

i dosed 40mg methadone today around 9am and i feel so much better...but no buzz really. they are upping my dose to 50mg 2morrow and then 60mg the day after. the nurse said they may increase me another 5mg after the 60mg to see how i feel. i dont wanna go over 70mg because i heard (this may be a rumor) that 70mgs is some sort of magic dose and anything at or above that put your withdrawls into a whole new level.

thanks for everyones support, cool to know people give a shit

^u dont want to get a 'buzz' from methadone
the point of methadone isnt to give u a buzz - just remember it is one of the hardest opiates to get off

^Yeah and then some it's a pure fucking BASTARD

The first 2 times I w/d were ok... the third was the one that makes me remember why not to do this stuff!

Hang in there.

p.s. Benzos can help initially, but must be stopped after 10 days, or you will just be passing the buck, and there is nothing that will help a benzo w/d!

i was a bit unclear in my last post regarding the methadone buzz

i dont take it for the buzz, i take it for the way it makes me have absolutely zero craving to get high on other opiates (no pull towards heroin, WOOT!)

methadone tends to make me just tired for a short period after taking it and thats it

evemtyally when i have enough clean time under my be lt to feel strong enuff

my parents are refusing to pay for my MMY anymore

im scared ill be back on opes i n a matter of hours. i took 60mg of done this morning, how long till i can wade in the velvet sea? weds evening?

its bar time now i guess

im hatin my life right now, i cannot waitt for collevge

^hang in there
maybe if ur well enough on the methadone u can get a job to help pay for it?

I'm fresh off dope, fresh off benzos, and fresh out of detox.
I'm around your age in a similar situation.

The part of recovery that I am having the most difficult time with is changing my compulsions/obsessions. I got out of detox, and then went right back to smoking weed again. I was supposed to goto outpatient, but they rejected me (told me I need inpatient) because I "relapsed on weed".

I felt this was bullshit, and I let it be known. I was on methadone in detox, and by the end I realized I needed to make a decision:

1- Continue banking on substances/medication/sex/people for my happiness and drink the 'done and take the easy way out.
or
2- Say no to my last few doses of methadone in detox out of a genuine desire to stop having those damn opiates in my body.

I opted to decline the methadone. Trust me, I wanted to take it, but I'm glad I didn't. It doesn't matter what brandname your dope is, the problem is the behaviour associated with it. Methadonia is not a place you want to be.