• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MiPT Thread

Absolutely stellar report, SigmundFloyd. Please post more when you feel inspired to do so.

Let me just confirm that my hearing was still fucked up for the next few days, although the effect diminished to periodic aural HPPD -- just as people report with DiPT.

Yesterday, I took 200mg orally.

I went out walking, listening to music on my headphones.

Started getting nauseous about 30 minutes in so I took a small hit of marijuana.

The music started getting more defined, the aesthetics more intense, and the way lyrics registered were interestingly exaggerated. Images of bands and singers on top of rocks etched with dynamic fossil formations in a bright room came to mind.

About 1.5 hours in, I sat down to smoke a small bowl of marijuana. It definitely exploded the audio effects.

I was walking past the university when a Chinese student dressed like it's California started walking in front of me in the same direction. He telepathically phoned me and manipulated my trip. He got me in contact with the DiPT overlords and they sent me the scariest sounds I ever heard. It's the sound you hear on LSD when you think you've died and gone to the hospital, but the sounds that I heard on MiPT put the sounds I heard on LSD to shame. After freaking out for a moment, he made me focus on him as he played a soothing island theme simultaneously. Then we parted ways.

Later on, I kept hearing familiar death noises, but I had grown used to them. I played around with the sounds in my head to the point of absurdity. The song "Elizabeth" by Ghost B.C. played on my headphones and I think this very well describes the sound of LSD death versus the sound of MiPT death. "~Forever young, Elizabeth . . .~"

I sat down to rest in a parking lot and played around with the MiPT sound effects in my head. There were all kinds: pitch shifting, vibrato (as with shrooms), condensation, echoes, and some kind of metallic filter. Had I smoked more marijuana, the effects as well as the trip would surely have intensified.

The sound effects continued on the rest of the day and lingered on the next.

Overall, I'd say MiPT is definitely worth trying if you want to get that unique aural trip where DiPT isn't available. However, with the amount required and with how much marijuana you'd need to smoke to achieve the same perceptual effects as DiPT, MiPT is only an ambassador to the more glorious DiPT nation.

So you're saying at high doses, MiPT also produces audio distortions?

I have officially switched my drug of choice to MiPT. I think it's highly underrated. There is no comparison with anything else I've tried. People have got to try doses over 100mg. I know for a fact that I'm going to plug 200mg soon. I have a feeling that DiPT will become my new favorite once I get my hands on it. By the time I'm finished experimenting, my hearing is going to be fucked to shit.

I'm glad you like it so much. :) It's not my absolute favorite, but it's pretty high up there. The audio distortions are actually something that keep it from being at the top for me, because listening to music is such a big part of tripping for me, I just can't have something that distorts it so much as a favorite. As a perceptual distorter though, I have to say that I think MiPT is unbeaten. If the audio distortions really do get that intense then honestly I don't think even DiPT would surpass it overall. DiPT may have more audio selectivity, but MiPT is a far more intense visual hallucinogen in my experience so far. Though, I did get the feeling so far from what I've read and experienced that DiPT in very high doses might be like DPT... as opposed to how MiPT has a lot in common with DMT. So if you like DPT more than DMT I'd guess you might like DiPT's trip more than MiPT's too. But, who knows....

Yesterday, I took 200mg orally.

I went out walking, listening to music on my headphones.

Started getting nauseous about 30 minutes in so I took a small hit of marijuana.

The music started getting more defined, the aesthetics more intense, and the way lyrics registered were interestingly exaggerated. Images of bands and singers on top of rocks etched with dynamic fossil formations in a bright room came to mind.

About 1.5 hours in, I sat down to smoke a small bowl of marijuana. It definitely exploded the audio effects.

I was walking past the university when a Chinese student dressed like it's California started walking in front of me in the same direction. He telepathically phoned me and manipulated my trip. He got me in contact with the DiPT overlords and they sent me the scariest sounds I ever heard. It's the sound you hear on LSD when you think you've died and gone to the hospital, but the sounds that I heard on MiPT put the sounds I heard on LSD to shame. After freaking out for a moment, he made me focus on him as he played a soothing island theme simultaneously. Then we parted ways.

Later on, I kept hearing familiar death noises, but I had grown used to them. I played around with the sounds in my head to the point of absurdity. The song "Elizabeth" by Ghost B.C. played on my headphones and I think this very well describes the sound of LSD death versus the sound of MiPT death. "~Forever young, Elizabeth . . .~"

I sat down to rest in a parking lot and played around with the MiPT sound effects in my head. There were all kinds: pitch shifting, vibrato (as with shrooms), condensation, echoes, and some kind of metallic filter. Had I smoked more marijuana, the effects as well as the trip would surely have intensified.

The sound effects continued on the rest of the day and lingered on the next.

Overall, I'd say MiPT is definitely worth trying if you want to get that unique aural trip where DiPT isn't available. However, with the amount required and with how much marijuana you'd need to smoke to achieve the same perceptual effects as DiPT, MiPT is only an ambassador to the more glorious DiPT nation.

Thanks for writing a report again. :) I can't believe you can take that much and just get nauseous! 50 mg had me puking my guts up, which is another reason I'm a little hesitant to dose much higher. This definitely makes me want to push it though....

I also honestly can't believe you can even function or see on this dose. Did you not have extreme visual hallucinations on that 200 mg dose? Even 50 mg for me was nearing a breakthrough point particularly when I was listening to music. It's cool that it is still that manageable at that dose though, I would really like to experience those strong visual and audio distortions simultaneously.

So you're saying at high doses, MiPT also produces audio distortions?

I will vouch for this too. After I had that 50 mg trip, I went back and tried to find some of the new music I listened to and was astounded to find that it didn't sound the same anymore. It wasn't until after I tried a higher dose of DiPT that it really sunk in though. Afterwards I also noticed that 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT had a similar level of audio distortion to the same amount of MiPT. It's much, much less than 50 mg of DiPT, but it definitely seems like it could be similar at a higher dose.

The audio distortion effects from 50mg DiPT were some of the most profoundly strange and engrossing sensory distortions I've ever experienced. Very alienating in a way that visual distortions have never touched for me. I'm even more excited to try a full dose of this now. :) I tried 20mg of the batch I have before, and it was very nice feeling but entirely threshold. I'm going to go for 50mg or so. I haven't been able to find the time to really trip lately. I've taken AMT a few times recently but that's more of an empathogenic thing, I usually take drugs at shows lately, and I'm not trying to take a full dose of a most psychedelics out in public.

Yeah, mine were still not incredibly strong at 50 mg of DiPT but they were still pretty out there, definitely unlike anything else I have experienced.... I can only imagine that having them alongside the visual trippiness of MiPT would make the world nearly incomprehensible! I'm definitely still excited to hear what you think about it, 50 mg should be a nice first full dose. I feel you too, I feel like I've barely tripped at all lately, just too much going on in life. Probably for the best though, it always makes for an even more satisfying trip anyway when you can finally get around to it. :)

Yeah. :) I've taken AMT a few times like I said, and also ALD-52 a few times, in the past, well, since the early Fall. So like 6 months. But no deep trips since then. I'm thinking this will probably be my next deep trip. I'm not sure when that will be though, my friend and I also want to do a tryptamine jam, where we take around 40mg of a 4-sub-tryptamine and play music together for the trip. That makes for a heavy trip but a trip of a different sort, not really the kind to sit there and observe the specific differences of a particular drug. Probably won't want to use MiPT for the first time for that.

I didn't get very many visuals from the 200mg, but I feel like smoking more would have changed that. I also feel like the 100mg I took last week had left a slight tolerance. When I took the 100mg and smoked, the visuals were more obvious. Isn't DiPT similar though? I heard about melting surfaces on dosages like 140mg.

Yeah. :) I've taken AMT a few times like I said, and also ALD-52 a few times, in the past, well, since the early Fall. So like 6 months. But no deep trips since then. I'm thinking this will probably be my next deep trip. I'm not sure when that will be though, my friend and I also want to do a tryptamine jam, where we take around 40mg of a 4-sub-tryptamine and play music together for the trip. That makes for a heavy trip but a trip of a different sort, not really the kind to sit there and observe the specific differences of a particular drug. Probably won't want to use MiPT for the first time for that.

Yeah, after that much time a deep trip on MiPT should definitely be pretty great. :) I would agree that it probably wouldn't be best for the jam though, at least not during the peak. It was very heavy for me in a way similar to DMT, almost sedative despite being mentally and emotionally stimulating. There actually was quite a bit of energy and even a prosocial effect after the peak though, one I also noticed uniquely in MET. It's actually making me start to wonder if their sigma-1 receptor activity is playing a role or something like it seems like it might with MDMA, because this effect is distinctly absent from 4-substitited tryptamines for me.

I'm curious, did you ever use 4-HO-MPT for that? I've wondered how it would be for playing music due to the similarities to LSD I feel in it.... It seems like it has the right kind of energy and sensory enhancement to really do well there, at the right dose.

I didn't get very many visuals from the 200mg, but I feel like smoking more would have changed that. I also feel like the 100mg I took last week had left a slight tolerance. When I took the 100mg and smoked, the visuals were more obvious. Isn't DiPT similar though? I heard about melting surfaces on dosages like 140mg.

Interesting, well I did smoke and meditate to music on my 50 mg so that definitely could have brought it out a lot.... I'll have to do some more experimenting with that.

The kinds of visual effects shared by MiPT and DiPT for me are the most similar of any two drugs I've tried so far, but there are even more visual qualities they don't share. MiPT is highly DMT-like for me in that it produces intense, complex, and colorful geomety that starts pushing into classical tryptamine breakthrough designs. DiPT on the other hand almost entirely loses the geomety at regular doses, even at 50 mg I had no open eye visuals other than slightly pulsing carpets with no color changes. Closed eye visuals are a little more present but the geomety is still dark and simplistic. Instead it is the visions that are much more prevalent, like animal entities and dark vortices and large open some spaces. I expect that at a higher dose a full hyperspace will unfold for it as well, but it still feels like it will be a largely visionary experience for me, very out of body but not heavily reality distorting, just detaching. That's why I'd still pick MiPT if I wanted the strongest blend of both audio and visual effects so far, it just seems like it has the most potential for that to me.

I have about 110mg of MiPT left. I'm looking to combine it with cannabis and another psychedelic, not sure what though.

Actually I gave out the rest of my MiPT.
In light of the upcoming DiPT wave, I'm just going to wait on that for more sound trips.
All in all, MiPT is a good alternative for getting the same fucked-up aural trip when DiPT is unaffordable or unavailable.
3MpNGtk.png

With the fumarate, as far as taking it orally goes would dumping it into a shot of water and tossing it back go over well? Not quite sure how to go about administering this

I actually don't recommend gel caps and would actively advise against them. My experience and those around me has been that gel caps add a huge variable into the equation, ranging from never feeling the dose at all to the dose hitting hours later than expected. The gelatin doesn't break down quickly nor evenly. I've taken solid doses of tryptamines and phenethylamines on fullish stomachs and never felt a thing, a friend has taken a 27mg dose of 4-AcO-DMT on a pretty empty stomach and not had any effects until drinking a milkshake four hours later and all of the sudden peaking hard. And on and on.

My advice is to get a good sip of water or other liquid in your mouth, tilt your head back, dump the substance into your mouth, and swallow. Anything but encapsulation.

^ Surprising -- I've never had anything but perfectly consistent results with gelcaps.

75% of my experiences have been fine but after 10+ times just myself and hearing others' experiences I've resorted to avoiding them. If not possible, breaking them open in my mouth before swallowing.

And there are those who want to experience their psychedelics more "intimately" -- gag-inducingly bitter flavor and all. Can't fault them; I understand the sentiment. :)

I actually don't recommend gel caps and would actively advise against them. My experience and those around me has been that gel caps add a huge variable into the equation, ranging from never feeling the dose at all to the dose hitting hours later than expected. The gelatin doesn't break down quickly nor evenly. I've taken solid doses of tryptamines and phenethylamines on fullish stomachs and never felt a thing, a friend has taken a 27mg dose of 4-AcO-DMT on a pretty empty stomach and not had any effects until drinking a milkshake four hours later and all of the sudden peaking hard. And on and on.

My advice is to get a good sip of water or other liquid in your mouth, tilt your head back, dump the substance into your mouth, and swallow. Anything but encapsulation.
Think I'll go with this method, dump it in with a mouth full of water and chase it down with some lemonade or something, going to shoot for 100mg and see if it really shines at that dose since sigmundfloyds report sounded more magical than the others at 95