• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Plugging Suboxone?

yep wee need a guy like jc to find information and inject everything so we know what and what not to do. In all honesty JC is the best thing to come out of uncontrolable IV addiction. Imagine a world where jc never picked up a needle.....where would any of us be? Thanks jc, you are the most informative poster we have anymore. I try to help but stupid questions tend to burn me out. I tried plugging bupe yesterday and it seemed to work ok, about the same as snorting with a faster onset. i MIGHT try it today again just to get multipule experiences to draw from.

thanks y'all

this IS one incredibly informative thread for all over of us that us suxobone(bupe),..So that one guy said though: that if you use 8mg of bupe a day then you wont feel it any better by plugging or snorting , etc. Is this true? Because I am currently actually at exactly 8mg a day. I was at 10mg for almost a year and switched in the last few weeks to 8mg and i gotta say i feel even better!
-DM

fuck yeah, I'm only taking my suboxone intrahepatoportally now, I can't fucking stand the taste!

FractalStructure said:
I wonder... is the bio of rectal buprenorphine higher than the SL 30%? If so it may make sense to plug it.. but another issue would be if naloxone's bio is higher as well. Cuz if it is and actually is active i dont think it'd be worth it.. even if bupe's mu-opioid affinity is higher than naloxone's (blocking it).

Also, does anyone know if naloxone is active when snorted (snorting suboxone)? If not I may as well give it a try... maybe it could give me euphoria for once..

Naloxone, in my experience, is very mildly active when snorted. For maybe 5 minutes at the most, it makes me have to shit, then slowly the bupe begins to take over. Its not serious at all. In fact, I snort my suboxone everday (I used to snort it everyday, then started shooting it, now Im back to snorting it) and if the naloxone was worse, I wouldnt be doing it.

How often do you take suboxone? If you take it everyday, it wont give you euphoria. It may make you feel a little better than normal, but thats it.

Some cities, I think Boston, give out Narcan in the form of a nasal inhaler... Just an FYI regarding the nasal intake of naloxone.

I mite try this when I get home. Hmmmm.. Like I have anything else to do. Would warm watter make it kick in faster? and should I do like 1cc per 4mg?

have used buph every which way, and my fav BY FAR is plugging. it is clearly more potent this way, (then sublingual), and you don't have to akwardly keep this spit/liquid under your tongue and in your mouth for over half an hour. effects come on quicker plugged, and just seem very saatisfying. plugging sub feels similar to popping it in the cheeks. i guess its a similar location. hey, you assed me!

jasoncrest said:
Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intravenous: 98%-100%

intranasal: 50%
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
"The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
"Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intramuscular: 68%
"The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%–100%)"

intrarectal: 54%
"bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

sublingual: ~30%
"Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
"Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
"Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 19–58% of the administered dose."

"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

oral: 10%
"the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
"due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intraduodenal: 9.7%

This says that Sublingual is 70% of IV which is 68.6-70%, not 30%. Clearly A typo in the chart, I know JC would never do such.

wtf so which has higher bioavail? sublingual or upthebutt?

I have heard both ways on intravenous use of subs and most say not to do it. I've just started it to fight w/ds and I am wondering if I can use less subs if shooting it is a more potent way of use, anyone know anything? I wouldn't mind catching a high off it either of course.

^ You could use somewhat less buprenorphine. Compare the BA of your current MOA to that of IV (100% ) and figure out what the difference is.

Buprenorphine as a substance dissolves in water but has a hard time doing so due to its chemical stucture. However that is why you can take it through your nose and get 50% bio. Compared to a bensodiazapine wich is fatsoluable and gives no extra effect att all administered therough the nose.
However Bupreborfine dissolves very easy in Alchohol (especially methanol). One drop over a line of bupe, letting it dry makes it really easy for the substance to cross the blood-brain barrier.

You do not need much alchohol, just one two at the most dropped onto the crushed tablet to absorb the alchohol. When it is absorbed and dried you will have a slight sticky line hard to snort but with a bio of 90%.

This general info you can get from the internet. I however have worked in development of pharmaceuticals for 15 years and I can tell you that in 5 years we will have an alternative to Subutex that works faster and has longer effect.

Q: I have a Vodka with 60% alchohol will it work ?

A: It will help a little but do not expect a 90% bio.

If you know a little bit about chemistry it is very easy to use tools from home, to make a bupe-powder with 90% bio. (no joke) :)%)

Buprenorphine as a substance dissolves in water but has a hard time doing so due to its chemical stucture. However that is why you can take it through your nose and get 50% bio. Compared to a bensodiazapine wich is fatsoluable and gives no extra effect att all administered therough the nose.
However Bupreborfine dissolves very easy in Alchohol (especially methanol). One drop over a line of bupe, letting it dry makes it really easy for the substance to cross the blood-brain barrier.

You do not need much alchohol, just one two at the most dropped onto the crushed tablet to absorb the alchohol. When it is absorbed and dried you will have a slight sticky line hard to snort but with a bio of 90%.

This general info you can get from the internet. I however have worked in development of pharmaceuticals for 15 years and I can tell you that in 5 years we will have an alternative to Subutex that works faster and has longer effect.

Q: I have a Vodka with 60% alchohol will it work ?

A: It will help a little but do not expect a 90% bio.

If you know a little bit about chemistry it is very easy to use tools from home, to make a bupe-powder with 90% bio. (no joke) :)%)

Thanks, but we know ;)

Check out this thread I started about it, except it's for alcoholic solutions for sublingual use. I don't think your suggestion of snorting alcohol is a very good idea. In fact, I would go so far as to say it's reckless to suggest/promote that idea.

ethanol has a lower boiling point than water, and evaporates very easily. its also slightly hydroscopic. so um, how exactly could you "dry" the alcohol, and it still have it increase membrane permeability?

unless EtOH + bupe creates a different substance (similar to cocaine+EtOH->cocaethylene) that crosses the B^3 easier... but if thats the case, surely it would be documented somewhere already, and explained in one of the ethanol bupe solution threads...

its a higher BA than sublingual, probably the same BA as sniffed, not shure tho

I have never even thought about plugging any drug. Snorting bupe is the best way to go in my experience. That shit can wreak havoc on your nose though.

Buprenorphine is very easily absorbed in water. I don't know what Mischaonline is talking about.

I have never even thought about plugging any drug. Snorting bupe is the best way to go in my experience. That shit can wreak havoc on your nose though.
I've been snorting approx. 4mgs of soboxone a day everyday for 2 years now, and my poor nose has paid the price dearly. Tonite for some reason I decided to look up rectal use & here I am. So throwing caution to the wind I crushed 4mgs(my normal daily intake) and mixed a few ml. of eye drops. (don't ask). I don't have syringes laying around b/c I don't shoot up (yet), so I used a poultry flavor injector. I "plugged" about a 1/2 hr ago & I must say so far it's more intense than snorting. I'll have to see how it goes for the rest of the night, but I think i just found a new fun trick.. Thanks bluelight, I just wish I found this site a long time ago... (Hi Mom)