Bluelight

Thread: Plugging Suboxone?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Plugging Suboxone? 
    Anyone tried plugging suboxone? How did it compare to other methods of administration?

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details

You can find info on this by searching but yes I have plugged it and I have found it is the best way to do it. With a very low opiate tolerance I never found sublingual bupe to be recreational at all, at doses from 1-3mg so one day I tried plugging 1mg and WOW. I actually got a decent rush, blurred vision and good euphoria. I never bothered putting it under my tongue after that.

3. Collapse Details

I didint feel anything?

4. Collapse Details

^^^Did you completely dissolve it in water and make sure to insert it far enough?

5. Collapse Details

Well I used 8 mgs in a 1/2cc insulin syringe with the needle cut off...I had to plug multiple times though to get all 8 mgs...

6. Collapse Details

Anyone else?

7. Collapse Details

Was your colon empty?

8. Collapse Details

I have no experience plugging suboxone, but I have done so with methadone a number of times.

It worked, and it worked well...but there still wasn't any "euphoria" really. I imagine suboxone would work similarly.

Oh yeah, and definitely make sure you're not packing any fudge up there before you do it.

9. Collapse Details

What is your tolerance to Suboxone and/or to other Opiates/Opioids?
    If you take 8mg Suboxone everyday, plugging 8mg will do nothing... (neither will higher dosages...)

10. Collapse Details

Buprenorphine does not work well when plugged, with or without the naloxone.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jamshyd
    Buprenorphine does not work well when plugged, with or without the naloxone
    I wonder... is the bio of rectal buprenorphine higher than the SL 30%? If so it may make sense to plug it.. but another issue would be if naloxone's bio is higher as well. Cuz if it is and actually is active i dont think it'd be worth it.. even if bupe's mu-opioid affinity is higher than naloxone's (blocking it).

Also, does anyone know if naloxone is active when snorted (snorting suboxone)? If not I may as well give it a try... maybe it could give me euphoria for once.. as im not gonna shoot it no matter how many positive reports i hear about (buprenex would be a different story though. I haven't slammed anything yet, hopefully will never, and if i do I hope its something like IM ketamine rather than IV diamorphine (< opiate fiend)

The main questions are what are this:
    Complete the chart

Buprenorphine
    SL bioavailability 30%
    Intranasal?
    Rectal?

Same for Naloxone... or just suboxone in general (unfortunately i dont get subutex, but i dont think it really matters as bupe is a stronger antagonist than naloxone anyway... i wonder if its possible to use bupe for OD's... maybe it wouldnt throw you into as bad of a withdrawal as naloxone since it has opiate activity (But dont get me wrong i know the whole 24 hour waiting game with bupe all too well, and i know it can cause some vicious shit)
    Last edited by FractalStructure; 25-06-2007 at 07:42.

12. Collapse Details

I take 32 mgs a day.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FractalStructure
    The main questions are what are this:
    Complete the chart

Buprenorphine
    SL bioavailability 30%
    Intranasal?
    Rectal?
    Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intravenous: 98%-100%

intranasal: 50%
    "Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
    "The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
    "Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intramuscular: 68%
    "The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
    "Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%100%)"

intrarectal: 54%
    "bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
    "Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

sublingual: ~30%
    "Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
    "Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
    "Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 1958% of the administered dose."

"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

oral: 10%
    "the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
    "due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intraduodenal: 9.7%

14. Collapse Details

I should have mentioned more detail: In my experience, plugging works, but it seems to raise the incidence of side-effect. It does not seem to offer any advantage over SL, and it lasts much shorter.

Thanks for the chart, Jason! helpful as usual :-)

15. Collapse Details

I iv'ed bupe for the first time a week or so a go. I have a moderate tolorance (1-2 bags of raw or 3-4 bags or scramble heroin iv'ed) I iv'ed half an 8mg pill, and I was not opiate dependant at the time. There was a rush, but it was horrible. I felt extremely hot and dizzy and had to lay down, i felt really anxious and shakey and just sat there waiting for the rush to subside. After about 3 minutes I felt the familiar effects of bupe hit me and I felt some euphoria. I will never iv it again.

16. Collapse Details

wow never tought of that.

17. Collapse Details

wow jasoncrest where did you find that out? They have all the other opiates on there? Been looking for a bioavailabilty chart for opiates.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mukant666
    wow jasoncrest where did you find that out? They have all the other opiates on there? Been looking for a bioavailabilty chart for opiates.
    I used the gogle search engine.
    "Buprenorphine intranasal bioavailability", checked 2 or 3 sources, then "buprenorphine intrarectal bioavailability", etc....
    Many informations came from www.pubmed.com
    I quoted the sources in italic.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mukant666
    There is a good portion of the bioavailabilities of various opiates and other drugs stickied in the "Great Resources..." thread here in OD. Honestly, more people's input there would be great, because we still have quite a few missing figures, some of which I'm sure can be found. Just bump up the old thread and add what you found and where.

20. Collapse Details

jasoncrest fucking rules BL =p

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yep wee need a guy like jc to find information and inject everything so we know what and what not to do. In all honesty JC is the best thing to come out of uncontrolable IV addiction. Imagine a world where jc never picked up a needle.....where would any of us be? Thanks jc, you are the most informative poster we have anymore. I try to help but stupid questions tend to burn me out. I tried plugging bupe yesterday and it seemed to work ok, about the same as snorting with a faster onset. i MIGHT try it today again just to get multipule experiences to draw from.

22. Collapse Details
    thanks y'all 
    Needle
    this IS one incredibly informative thread for all over of us that us suxobone(bupe),..So that one guy said though: that if you use 8mg of bupe a day then you wont feel it any better by plugging or snorting , etc. Is this true? Because I am currently actually at exactly 8mg a day. I was at 10mg for almost a year and switched in the last few weeks to 8mg and i gotta say i feel even better!
    -DM

23. Collapse Details

fuck yeah, I'm only taking my suboxone intrahepatoportally now, I can't fucking stand the taste!

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FractalStructure
    I wonder... is the bio of rectal buprenorphine higher than the SL 30%? If so it may make sense to plug it.. but another issue would be if naloxone's bio is higher as well. Cuz if it is and actually is active i dont think it'd be worth it.. even if bupe's mu-opioid affinity is higher than naloxone's (blocking it).

Also, does anyone know if naloxone is active when snorted (snorting suboxone)? If not I may as well give it a try... maybe it could give me euphoria for once..
    Naloxone, in my experience, is very mildly active when snorted. For maybe 5 minutes at the most, it makes me have to shit, then slowly the bupe begins to take over. Its not serious at all. In fact, I snort my suboxone everday (I used to snort it everyday, then started shooting it, now Im back to snorting it) and if the naloxone was worse, I wouldnt be doing it.

How often do you take suboxone? If you take it everyday, it wont give you euphoria. It may make you feel a little better than normal, but thats it.

25. Collapse Details

Some cities, I think Boston, give out Narcan in the form of a nasal inhaler... Just an FYI regarding the nasal intake of naloxone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast