• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

new suboxone pill

UPDATE:

i just got back from the study for the new pill. heres what i know so far...

the pills are still being made by reckitt. the shitty thing is the new pills are exactly like the old ones. they look the same, orange hexagon with N8 and a cross on the other side. the taste is a little bit sweeter. and as for the speed they dissolve it seemed faster but not by much. all in all i was pretty dissapointed. i was hoping for some small pill that would dissolve super fast but it wasnt like that. also the pills seemed less dense and more sticky when you first put them under the tongue.

the research guy told me in europe they are trying to come out with a buccal tablet and a rapid disolve strip, like one of the listerene things. but those formulations dont contain nalaxone. he said since suboxone is rxed more than subutex here in the states, they wernt doing the trials for the buccal tablet and strip.

You may have gotten the 'contol group'. Usually each study has a control group so they can compare the new to the old. I wonder if everyone gets the same thing? Can you see what others are taking/or discus with them?

It would make more economic sense that they would use those strips that melt fast so it would be harder to divert if administration is supervised.

Gosh everyone missed this one. The whole reason for the study was to perform a phase 3 on a generic formulation of Buprenorphine plus Naloxone formulation (IE generic Suboxone), which will probably be launched some time in September by Alpharma. Cohorts from (then) orphan status RB are allowed, so safety is not the addressable, but dissolution, and buccal bioavaability, etc. are. No, Subutex is not being phased out. But, proportionally, RB is making more Suboxone than it used to (for Europe, and forced change from Subutex), and making a tad more Subutex for the states than initially. The Suboxones and Subutex's made in Britain and US, though pharmacologically equivalent (when used as indicated), are slightly different. Also, there are more stringent requirements due to indication. Bup is a very safe drug when used alone has HUGE safety margin (just like diazepam, for example), but when it is indicated for pain (patch, Buprenex, etc.) some requirements are less stringent. Overall, European FDA is far less corrupt than the US's.

Suboxone is going generic later this year, rumor has it a 'listerine-like' gelatin square is what is going to replace the regular old buprenorphine. The patent for generic is up, I havent heard about a lemon lime tablet but my doctor was telling me about the new gel squares. If I remember correctly they should be out by the end of the year. Lemon lime bupe yuck I have grown to love the taste of the orange.

Just what I heard, dont know for sure I have tried to look it up a few times to no avai.

Seedless
No more insufflation

Wierd thing is, in the law they had to pass in congress about rxing suboxone for maintance, they mentioned suboxone by name. Not buprenephrine. So, technically, they can't rx you generic bupe for maintance. Only suboxone. I doubt anyone will fight it though.

Suboxone is going generic later this year, rumor has it a 'listerine-like' gelatin square is what is going to replace the regular old buprenorphine. The patent for generic is up, I havent heard about a lemon lime tablet but my doctor was telling me about the new gel squares. If I remember correctly they should be out by the end of the year. Lemon lime bupe yuck I have grown to love the taste of the orange.

Just what I heard, dont know for sure I have tried to look it up a few times to no avai.

Seedless
No more insufflation

Here in the UK we already have generic suboxone, in tablet form though. I've tried them listerine gelatic squares, not bup', I mean the actual minty ones for your breath. They're awful!

Here in the UK we already have generic suboxone, in tablet form though. I've tried them listerine gelatic squares, not bup', I mean the actual minty ones for your breath. They're awful!

Really?!

Every pharmacist that I've asked about suboxone has never even heard of it!

I was hoping I could get my Subutex script switched over to it..

When I used to take suboxone in the morning. I would fall back asleep really fast and wake up with orange drewl on my pillow. The only combo I was happy with was suboxone/dexedrine/klonopin. I took this for 2 years.

Now i'm not taking it, I kind of dont want to. I came off of it a few times and it wasn't fun. You can torture you're self and take low low doses and taper that way. But in the end it's all the same. A easy drug to get sick of, a hard drug to quit. I haven't gone back on it becuase I was told that i'm to back and fourth with my decisions. Which I am.

Oh last time I talked to my Dr. I heard the generics are comming out in october. Tommarow is the 1st. So i'll have to ask him when I go back in. I cant afford that crap, god forbid I ever take it again.

This gives me friggen wood! lol... where the F--- do I get this?!?!?!?!?!?

I do believe some of the 14-phenoxymetopons are just like this. They are EXTREMELY POTENT (even more so than etorphine), qv 10,000X morphine, yet even in huge doses, they have little effect on respiration. Actually they have a small effect on slowing respiration just a bit, but when you increase the dose 1000 times, it stays the same. AND its full mU1 agonist. There are several NIH compounds which have been synthesized and tested, and which have the above, desirable characteristics. NIH 11056, a simple derivative of naltrexone, is thousands of times more potent agonist in comparison to morphine http://wvvw.pharmacy.umaryland.edu/faculty/acoop/decfolder/DEC2006coop.pdf. Of course, substituting a methyl for the cyclopropylmethyl (amine) makes for a compound several times the strength of even etorphine. It is NOT necessary to have something, other a methyl group (at tert amine) in order to preserve a certain lack of respiratory depression characteristic, yet this group is sometimes indeed related to this feature. It is complicated by how it reacts with other shapes in the molecule. There are some 14-alkoxy morphan derivatives which can induce complete surgical anesthesia, with no risk of respiratory depression.

Also it will be interesting to see if the mods consider passing out information on participating in drug studies to be sourcing 8)

Medical studies aren't drug sources; it is not sourcing. He didn't even "source" by posting any of the info in the thread - sending out info through PM's is your own business.

As for the "new suboxone pill" - we don't need a "new" one - we need Buprenex back.

Yeah whatever buperenex is, If that's the patch i'm thinking of. Or the injectable solution. Then i'll have to agree on that. But as for the pill. I got sick of the taste. And sick and tired of being sick and tired lol.

Yeah whatever buperenex is, If that's the patch i'm thinking of. Or the injectable solution. Then i'll have to agree on that. But as for the pill. I got sick of the taste. And sick and tired of being sick and tired lol.

It's the the injection solution form of buprenorphine at 0.324 buprenorphine hydrochloride/mL.

^you cant be serious? Giving junkies an injectable maintenance drug is a horrific idea which will lead to continued needle fixation, addictive behavior, and OD's in users who have bought diverted product. Despite a relative lack of respiratory depression with bupe it is still a major danger when IVed. Not to mention a drug so often underestimated by the naive being handed out in ampoule's. The result of making such a preparation readily available is simple to predict: an epidemic of buprenorphine abuse followed by a public legislative backlash and the end of take home maintenance drugs.

Fucking bad idea

^ Agreed; terrible idea. And it will never happen, not in the US, not for addiction. You'll have to excuse him - he doesn't always base what he says on logic or reason, more often its a matter of personal preference and bias. He shoots bupe, so therefore injectable bupe is good for everybody. 8)

^you cant be serious? Giving junkies an injectable maintenance drug is a horrific idea which will lead to continued needle fixation, addictive behavior, and OD's in users who have bought diverted product. Despite a relative lack of respiratory depression with bupe it is still a major danger when IVed. Not to mention a drug so often underestimated by the naive being handed out in ampoule's. The result of making such a preparation readily available is simple to predict: an epidemic of buprenorphine abuse followed by a public legislative backlash and the end of take home maintenance drugs.

Fucking bad idea

There already is an epidemic of buprenorphine abuse - have you checked the 2009 Price Thread recently?

Buprenex is still on the market but isn't given out for ORT.

Giving out sterile ampules where they are requested would save a lot of time and money and injuries from people who are going to IV it anyways.

Besides, it's not merely the IVing part of it that causes unwanted complications - it is generally the poor technique when IVing that causes missed shots which causes abscesses - or the ignorance of artery/vein blood differences leading to artery shots.

People who have a problem with shooting up drugs (i.e. heroin) obviously should get a pill formulation of buprenorphine - but those without such an issue who are going to choose to IV it regardless - should just get ampules.

It's a similar idea to legalizing drugs as a means to reduce crime, violence, the rate of murder, shoplifting, mugging, theft, and to reduce abuse of pharmaceutical medications, and to decrease the price of pharmaceuticals for people who need medicine and cannot afford the inflated prices.

There are endless benefits that would result from legalizing drugs and providing solutions ready for injection to people who are going to use them anyways. I'm sure not everyone sees this because not everyone knows that this country was much better off before drugs were made to be illegal (there wasn't a drug abuse phenomenon - there wasn't an excess of drug related crime/murder/violence, and so on).

he doesn't always base what he says on logic or reason,

Actually, that's the only thing I base it on.

I could care less whether I ever see Buprenex being handed to addicts - Suboxone can be prepped for injection easier said than done.

I can link you pictures of what it looks like when you shoot into an artery, or what an abscess looks like.

Do you think people deserve this?

Who do you think pays for a homeless drug addict who injects pills when they get an abscess? That's right - tax payers! You pay for this indirectly! Everybody does! Do you not care that you're wasting your money away based on "morality" that IVing drugs is wrong so people don't deserve access to drugs that can safely be shot?

I bring to you Europe's solution: heroin clinics. People are allowed two shots of heroin in a supervised facility a day. It's a lot more efficient than the US approach of methadone and Suboxone ORT - more people stick with the program, and more people lead successful lives and are able to be functional.

The US would rather make heroin a non-viable option for people who cannot afford it - further driving addicts to steal/scam/rob people on a daily basis, instead of legalizing it. It would be - A LOT - easier to let any one person get as fucked up on as many drugs as they wanted to each day than to keep fighting a LOST war on drugs.

Why do you think the US economy is in recession? Why do you think inflation is so bad?

Do you think people without insurance should have to pay ~ $400 / month for a prescription of Suboxone? Do you think that's a realistic price for the said drugs? It OBVIOUSLY is nothing more than inflation on the behalf of the drug company who produces it. Legalizing drugs - allowing people to use Buprenex instead - and having different formulations of buprenorphine (including tablet formulations) would be the best option possible so it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars each month to stay clean for someone without health insurance.

The way the system is now is nothing more than ass-backwards, and I'm surprised someone thinks we're better off the way we are now.

I guess if you don't think about it and stare at your toes all day long you won't think about how fucked this country has become...but the facts are right in front of you for whenever you're erady to look ahead in life.

Last edited:
As for the "new suboxone pill" - we don't need a "new" one - we need Buprenex back.

It seems as though this statement/opinion is not entirely objective and moreover not in the nature of harm reduction. Ive noticed that you(CH) have mentioned that you shoot/have shot bupenorphrine, therefore it seems like you are advocating an injectable solution for personal reasons and or benefits.

An injectable solution of bupe given to IV opiate addicts who want to stay clean would be detrimental to their sobriety as the act of shooting is a huge trigger for relapse.

It seems as though this statement/opinion is not entirely objective and moreover not in the nature of harm reduction. Ive noticed that you(CH) have mentioned that you shoot/have shot bupenorphrine, therefore it seems like you are advocating an injectable solution for personal reasons and or benefits.
Um...no...I'm not....

The harm reduction point of view comes in when people - who are going to IV anyways DESPITE A LACK OF EXPERIENCE INJECTING SAFER DRUGS - start shooting with tablets - and end up getting abscesses/infections/limb amputations.

I could show you all a whole bunch of lovely, pathetic pictures of what IV complications looks like.

And there will be plenty more pictures from future victims.

OR....

We could just allow people to have sterile ampules of drugs they are going to inject anyways, so people are LESS LIKELY to cause injection complications in themselves, so people are LESS OF A FINANCIAL BURDEN to whoever ends up paying for such an injury.

An injectable solution of bupe given to IV opiate addicts who want to stay clean would be detrimental to their sobriety as the act of shooting is a huge trigger for relapse.
Yeah, that's why I'm not saying let's get rid of Suboxone...

No one really thoroughly thought about the benefits of OPTIONS before making comments tonight, I guess people like others making their choices in life for them. I, however, am not that way.

And..here are some pictures so you can decide whether people deserve this in life or not:

attachment.php

If you met these people - would you be the one to tell them "no you can't have another ampule - go fuck up your other hand"?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can link you pictures of what it looks like when you shoot into an artery, or what an abscess looks like.

Do you think people deserve this?
Uh, if they decide to shoot up, yes. I've shot up plenty of times in my life. I took responsibility for it. If I fucked up, it was my fault. So, if I fucked up, yes, I deserved it. I brought it upon myself.

I bring to you Europe's solution: heroin clinics.
Yeah, for what? 100 people? Maybe 1000 people? Its not the solution, its one program out of many.

Why do you think the US economy is in recession? Why do you think inflation is so bad?
Let me guess... the war on drugs? :|

Uh, if they decide to shoot up, yes. I've shot up plenty of times in my life. I took responsibility for it. If I fucked up, it was my fault.

Yeah, I know how that's how that works.

Would you care if someone you know - who isn't as smart as you - ended up losing a hand? Would you just laugh at them and say "tough shit, buddy"?

The fact of the matter is, if you're intelligent, you're not going to end up losing limbs to IVing drugs. If you're not, you very well could be.

Why should people have to suffer in life? I know people still will suffer, but why not minimize the harm people are GOING to end up doing to themselves by supplying ampules of ALL drugs people IV (not just buprenorphine - obviously) so people have the least complications in life?

I don't understand - are you all so miserable in your own lives that it brings you joy to see someone else's misery?

Do you want people to have to rob you so they can have a crack fix? Would you be OK if you were mugged so someone else could get their high on? Would you be OK if your parents were robbed? What if someone took your grandparent's medications?